4191 16 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello Friends,

I am planning to attach strobe lights on my Mavic air. I have few questions though:

a) What is the differenc ebetween Strobon standalone & Strobon Cree lights? Which one is better to get in terms of good visibility while flying in daylight
b) Which colors are good to order? white or green or red? I will buy only 2 lights and iam planning to go for white and green. Is these colors fine for good visibility?
c) Can someone post the pics of their MA where they have attached these lights? Which location on the drone? I have to stick the 3M velcro and i am confused where to paste it.
Also i dont want the strobe lights to impact my camera while taking videos.
d) In UK, which is the best site to get these in good price? i found this one - http://www.flytron.com... is it good?

Please help.
Thanks

2019-2-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

a) STROBON Standalone lights are less expensive, come in more colors, and are a little larger than STROBON Cree lights. While the manufacturer claims STROBON Standalone lights can also be seen from 3 miles away at night, I can tell you they are definitely not as bright as STROBON Cree lights.

b) The order of brightness is white, red, green. If you want the brightest lights, go with white and red.

c) If using Velcro, you can stick the lights anywhere. Another option is to use mounts like these:

2019-2-21
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flytron are good I bought mine from them, depends on what you are trying to achieve with the strobes, I bought Red, Green, White and Blue, I use the whit on the bottom for visual and I use the Red and green for port and starboard on the front legs (this helps for any GA about at dusk or night!) I bought the red and blue for a giggle just put them on the bottom and then go down the seafront near me early evening and the kids out with their parents think its great its a police drone mummy!
2019-2-21
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2-21 06:27
a) STROBON Standalone lights are less expensive, come in more colors, and are a little larger than STROBON Cree lights. While the manufacturer claims STROBON Standalone lights can also be seen from 3 miles away at night, I can tell you they are definitely not as bright as STROBON Cree lights.

b) The order of brightness is white, red, green. If you want the brightest lights, go with white and red.

those mounts are great I use velcro but for the legs these look much better
2019-2-21
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Check out Firehouse Technology, I got some strobes from them that work great.  Got RED for Left and GREEN for right, and WHITE for top all around, still figuring for something on bottom for those below.
2019-2-21
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Nice mounts - thanks.
2019-2-21
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

but do you deliver to UK?
2019-2-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TechVoyager Posted at 2-21 22:18
but do you deliver to UK?

Yes. I ship worldwide.
2019-2-22
Use props
BigAbe
lvl.2
Netherlands

i'd advise you to get the red and/or the whites. because they are the most visible and bright.
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TechVoyager. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for the DJI Mavic Air. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these Strobe lights for DJI Mavic Air will be able work on thesaid drone. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said accessories or devices if it will work all the time with no issues while using the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you.
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Like to see STROBON Cree lights encased, instead of raw circuit board.  Perhaps lights are not encased to save weight?
For those that have STROBON lights, is best placement for being seen from all directions - one on bottom of drone and one on top of drone?
2019-2-23
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-23 21:22
Like to see STROBON Cree lights encased, instead of raw circuit board.  Perhaps lights are not encased to save weight?
For those that have STROBON lights, is best placement for being seen from all directions - one on bottom of drone and one on top of drone?

The light is partially covered by plastic. It cannot be totally encased since the Micro USB port needs to be accessible for charging.

I suppose you could use some type of mount that totally encases the light.
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2-24 02:50
The light is partially covered by plastic. It cannot be totally encased since the Micro USB port needs to be accessible for charging.

[view_image]

Thanks for reply.   
2019-2-24
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

I am planning to use the strobes with Velcro tape pieces, can they withstand the weight of the strobe? Is someone using the strobe with Velcro? Please post some pics, if yes.
2019-2-24
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

3M Dual Lock is a good Velcro product. Regular Velcro would probably work too, but it would likely wear out over time.
2019-2-25
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

Hi guys,
i need to buy only 1 CREE light and i usually fly my Mavic Air in bright day, sunny days. Never in cloudy or night time. So in bright sunny days which light will be more visible from a long distance on the bottom of the drone. My requirement is usually as MA is very small, i can hardly see if it flies away 100-150 meters ..so i need to identify it from long distance. So which color do you suggest - WHITE or RED? Pick only one as i only have place for one on my drone, as my drone is also fitted with Loc8tor lite tag.
Please reply at the earliest as i need to place the order. Thanks.
2019-3-21
Use props
PappyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343816 ft
United States

i use the "Arc 2" white lights from Firehouse Technology. They have 4 LEDs and used the 3M Dual Lock to attach them.  I put a light on top of my MA in the middle [out of the way of the props]  and one on the batteries.  I switch out as I change batteries. the Dual Lock is on the batteries also.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules