Lightbridge 2 Ground unit update 1.2.40, but no update for air unit?
4252 7 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Hi,
I am using a custom Hexacopter with N3 controller and Lightbridge 2. Today my ground unit updated to 1.2.40, after that I tried to update the air unit to 1.1.70(which should be the last version I think) with the latest version of the DJI assistant 2 software (1.2.4), but there is no version 1.1.70 for the air unit available!?

lb2.png

Now my ground unit does not connect to my air unit any more! Where can I find the update for the air unit, or what can I do to get the things connected again?
I have already refreshed the firmware of the air unit with version 1.1.60, nothing happend...

2019-2-21
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

The problem is urgent, any ideas how to fix the probem!

I tried to link them together again, but without success.
Is there a way to downgrade the ground unit to 1.2.10?
2019-2-21
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

First I would try whether the current assistant 2 for autopilot finds the latest LB2-air firmware.
I recommend, never to have installed more than one versions of the assistant2 simultaneously.

Here are instructions to force the controller to update.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ad%2A%2A%2A/page124

Best regards,
Wilhelm
2019-2-22
Use props
Andreas St.
New
Austria

Hi bernde,

I have the same problem with my custom Hexacopter with N3 and Lightbridge 2. My LB2 ground unit also did an update and after that it was not able to connect to the air unit any more and as you said there is no correspondending upgrade for the air unit.
So I also think that the solution would be to downgrade the LB2 ground unit again, but till now I did not figure out how to do because with no connection to the air unit I can not carry out changes in the go app - there it jus says as status: firmware: latest.
Does anybody know how to carry out changes in the LB2 ground unit without go app?
Thanks and all the best
2019-2-23
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Today I tried to connect to the air unit with the latest assistant 2 for autopilot software, but it does not recognize the lightbridge at all.
2019-2-23
Use props
bernde
lvl.3

Austria

Now I had some luck, because I was able to downgrade the ground unit back to 1.2.10, after relinking the air unit it can connect again!

Ground unit downgrade instructions:

- Power up the LB2 ground unit  
- connect your mobile device and start DJI goApp
- at the welcome screen click on the three lines in the top right corner for a few seconds

- after releasing the finger, a menu for firmware downgrade will appear. you can download and downgrade your firmware. I was able to go back to 1.2.10

- reboot your ground unit after installation has finished and relink your air unit

The only problem I am having now, is that the message that a new firmware is available  appears again and my status is therefore always bad.

Can someone from DJI give us some information about this firmware, and what we should do with it!!!???
2019-2-23
Use props
Andreas St.
New
Austria

You made my day! Thanks for your help-I would have never found this (quite hidden) firmware menu in the go app.
I also downgraded my LB2 ground unit from 1.2.40 to 1.2.10 and everything works fine.
Yeah this firmware update is annoying, but maybe there will be an update for the air unit in some time...
Thanks again for sharing your procedure of solution!
2019-2-23
Use props
hbturtle
New

Germany

Hello, may I know how youd got the v1.2.40, I would need this as the support told me, but the DJI GO does only offer v1.2.10 or v1.1.80. Which smarthphon did you use when getting v1.2.40?
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules