Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S9 or S9+ ?
508 4 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leandroh
lvl.1
Italy

I'm struggling trying to choose between S9 and S9+ for shooting music videos with my osmo mobile 2.

Their price difference is little but my big doubt is:
S9 weight is 163g.
S9+ is 189g, which is closer to the osmo 2 limit weight.

S9+ has a bigger screen and optical zoom. Could this weight difference make osmo 2 work with s9+ "not as good as" with s9?

What do you think?
2019-2-21
Use props
D3VIOU5
lvl.1
United States

I used the Osmo 2 with my S9+ and it was fine. Took a bunch of videos in Scotland. You'll basically have to max out the counterweight system in order to get it level, but it works. Be aware that because it's pushing its weight limit, it's a bit more susceptible to sudden changes.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Both Samsung S9 and S9+ are compatible with our Osmo Mobile 2. Therefore, there should be no problem using these two devices on our Osmo Mobile 2. You may check our video tutorial on how you will install the device to our DJI Osmo mobile 2. Thank you for continued support.

2019-2-21
Use props
leandroh
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 2-21 08:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Both Samsung S9 and S9+ are compatible with our Osmo Mobile 2. Therefore, there should be no problem using these two devices on our Osmo Mobile 2. You may check our video tutorial on how you will install the device to our DJI Osmo mobile 2. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWe1o2RjZY

Thank you both for such fast answers!

I know for sure it works well with both devices.. my dilemma is simply:

"Less weight EQUALS better performance" ? or.. "it's the same, just go for the best phone" ?
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

leandroh Posted at 2-21 09:59
Thank you both for such fast answers!

I know for sure it works well with both devices.. my dilemma is simply:

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The devices that have mentioned are tested by our engineers meaning, you will still maximize the usage of your Osmo Mobile 2 regardless of what you use between these two devices. For additional information, phone cases may affect the balancing of the Osmo Mobile 2, therefore, we would recommend removing the case when you install the mobile device to the Osmo Mobile 2. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules