How to remove the Video-blur when MA pans / yaws / rotates 360?
1222 16 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello friends,

Iam a newbie, so need advice from you experts. I normally shoot in 4k 30fps  Or 1080p 60fps. I notice that whenever i try to take panning shots or Yaw or rotate my drone in 360 deg, there will be motion blur in the video, which kind of ruins the shot. i dont like the blurrness. When the camera is still then the video is crisp and clear.
How to correct this? Any settings to minimise the speed or something in drone to get crisp video even during motion or sideways shots or panning shots?
i try my best to move the drone as slow as i can, but still blurriness will be there.

Please provide some quick suggestions and fixes for this blurrness.

Thanks.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. Actually, this phenomena is normal due to the shutter speed, lighting as well. This can be optimized by post-processing the video. However, we can still wait for the best recommendations from our valued customer and users here. Best regards!
2019-2-21
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

I've used POI but it only works at super slow speeds and it does not guarantee crisp videos but it helps.
2019-2-21
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

Guys, waiting for some more suggestions... please provide your valuable experienced suggestions to solve this problem.
2019-2-21
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

What is the shutterspeed you are using when you notice the blurness?
2019-2-22
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

saviour Posted at 2-22 00:10
What is the shutterspeed you are using when you notice the blurness?

All the settings are set to Auto... i have not noticed the shutterspeed ...but to be frank, it happens in all my videos...the moment i pan or yaw or take side shots...i see the blur when the drone is moving. The moment it halts and stays the video becomes clear.
2019-2-22
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

You don't want to shoot at auto. Go to manual and see what shutter speed you need. Of course you get blurry videos when you turn fast and your shutter speed is low. (e.g. 1/60)
If you want crystal clear movements (which you actually don't want in cinematography, you want to achieve the 180 degree rule which means double the shutter speed of your fps, so 1/60s shutter speed at 30fps, hence why you often need ND filters) you need a higher shutterspeed, like 1/600. You achieve that by pushing up your ISO (more noise in videos), changing aperture (which is not possible on Mavic Air) or just having better light conditions when you film.
2019-2-22
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Smooth on your controller stick movements, apply low value in stick exposure, activate tripod mode, and rise your shutter speed as mentioned above. After all that, post process your video. Don't use sport mode when filming. Use ND filter as much as possible to be able to rise the exposure value of your camera. Be patient on your movements.
2019-2-23
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Smooth on your controller stick movements, apply low value in stick  exposure, activate tripod mode, and rise your shutter speed as mentioned  above. After all that, post process your video. Don't use sport mode  when filming. Use ND filter as much as possible to be able to rise the  exposure value of your camera. Be patient on your movements.

You mean "Never use Nd filter" as they reduce shutter speed. The higher the shutter speed, the less blur TechVoyager will get as wanted.
2019-2-23
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

Hello experienced flyers and videographers,Can you please provide your settings for yaw, gimbal speed, sharpness, contrast, saturation, gimbal pitch smoothness for some good cinematic shots. I know some people will say, it all depends on environment, lighting conditions etc. But lets assume that its a normal sunny day, then what will be the most basic settings to begin with? I am a newbie and i just want some basic settings to start, just for an overall good cinematic footage.

After lot of the research on Internet, Currently I am using the below profile. Please check and let me know are they good for Mavic air:
Color- D-Cinelike
Style: Sharpness: 0     Contrast:0     Saturation: -1
Yaw movement limit: 35 max
Gimbal Pitch speed: 9
Extended gimbal tilt limit - Yes
Gimbal pitch smoothness -19

Also, one thing to add here, the video captured in Auto mode (normal color) looks far better and detailed compared to D-Cinelike (even after post editing) ?]
Not sure , i am amateur in editing too.

Please suggest.
Thanks.
2019-2-24
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

If you want help you need to answer on others post for once, so please check out what shutter speed you used and try to start using manual mode instead of auto mode.

When you use D-Cinelike you have to Colorgrade the footage in post else it won't look good. That's the whole purpose of D-Cinelike, to give you a flat image that you can adjust in post to have more details.
2019-2-24
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

saviour Posted at 2-24 22:21
If you want help you need to answer on others post for once, so please check out what shutter speed you used and try to start using manual mode instead of auto mode.

When you use D-Cinelike you have to Colorgrade the footage in post else it won't look good. That's the whole purpose of D-Cinelike, to give you a flat image that you can adjust in post to have more details.

"If you want help you need to answer on others post for once" ...

I don't know what made you reply so rudely.
I do whenever i had an answer for the query asked. i believe in sharing, supporting and growing together.  Besides do you see the no. of questions and answers a person has posted, before replying to his query?

Thanks anyways for replying.
2019-2-24
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

Good luck in finding your answers then, when you think about me being rude when I just make clear what you need to do to get help.
2019-2-25
Use props
rocheung
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233727 ft

TechVoyager Posted at 2-24 23:17
"If you want help you need to answer on others post for once" ...

I don't know what made you reply so rudely.

May read this! I dunno why I cannot post a link, please add https://   at the front of the link below
press.polarprofilters.com/why-use-and-nd-filter-drone/
2019-2-25
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Hi Voyager, The 'honest' answer is that motion blur is inescapable, it is a function of the observation period and the movement you are making. The faster your shutter speed, the more 'frozen in time' your shots will appear to be, but fast shutter speeds require a lot of light which is not always available in which case you simply need to compensate by moving (even more) slowly (which you can speed it up in post).
Tripod mode can help, but the lower the shutter speed (=less light), the more pronounced the effect, which is just down to plain physics. Increasing ISO might help get better shutter speeds (but much more digital noise), it is not an easy thing to get rid of. Filters that make the picture darker (ND) work the other way around, they force a slower shutter speed and thus the motion blur many people like to see (e.g. waterfalls that don't show individual droplets but a fuzzy stream) - but it surely will not fix your blurry panning shots.

2019-2-26
Use props
LLopes
New
Flight distance : 113629 ft
Brazil

you may want to test out the 2k60fps to see if is better for sudden moviments, its smoother than 30fps, but at a cost of decreased quality, but not by much.
2019-2-26
Use props
LLopes
New
Flight distance : 113629 ft
Brazil

you may want to test out the 2k60fps to see if is better for sudden moviments, its smoother than 30fps, but at a cost of decreased quality, but not by much.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules