course lock?
879 15 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

does spark have course lock? if so where?
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI, we do appreciate your interest. We're sorry that the "Course Lock" feature for the DJI Spar is not available. However, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated department to see if we could provide it in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-21
Use props
timtwomey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2164206 ft
United States

Litchi and DJI Mod support course lock for the Spark.  Of course, you use them at your own risk.
2019-2-21
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Spark has only TapFly Coordinate and Direction. There aren't whether Course Lock nor TapFly Free, unfortunately. But as it was said above, you can use third-party app to get these options.
2019-2-21
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I’m not sure why you would want to use Course/Home Lock on something like the Spark. It was an option that some manufacturers included on the earlier models - Phantom 1, Blade QX350, Walkera QR350 - as a means to getting someone with zilch experience into the air. I would say that if you have a minimum degree of comfort flying your Spark in different orientations switching to course lock would likely add unnecessary confusion into the mix. The Spark’s capabilities are so much more advanced than its predecessors mentioned above that such a feature would be redundant.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-2-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I think, so not 100% certain right now, in the modded Go4, there is course lock and home lock available for the Spark.
I tested it, with some app, but have not really use for it.
And I think it was the red Go4 mod 2.0 I used to test that
2019-2-22
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Nidge Posted at 2-22 04:36
I’m not sure why you would want to use Course/Home Lock on something like the Spark. It was an option that some manufacturers included on the earlier models - Phantom 1, Blade QX350, Walkera QR350 - as a means to getting someone with zilch experience into the air. I would say that if you have a minimum degree of comfort flying your Spark in different orientations switching to course lock would likely add unnecessary confusion into the mix. The Spark’s capabilities are so much more advanced than its predecessors mentioned above that such a feature would be redundant.

Regards

Course/Home Lock comes in handy for fly by kind of shots....
One can focus on tracking the subject by yaw axis only and not be bothered with roll and pitch.
2019-2-22
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-22 05:16
One can focus on tracking the subject by yaw axis only and not be bothered with roll and pitch.

Yes!
This is how i use it.
HL is useful when non-experience pilots handle my remote.
2019-2-22
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-22 05:16
One can focus on tracking the subject by yaw axis only and not be bothered with roll and pitch.

agreed...!
2019-2-22
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2-22 05:02
I think, so not 100% certain right now, in the modded Go4, there is course lock and home lock available for the Spark.
I tested it, with some app, but have not really use for it.
And I think it was the red Go4 mod 2.0 I used to test that

so not in the regular go4?
2019-2-22
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

Nidge Posted at 2-22 04:36
I’m not sure why you would want to use Course/Home Lock on something like the Spark. It was an option that some manufacturers included on the earlier models - Phantom 1, Blade QX350, Walkera QR350 - as a means to getting someone with zilch experience into the air. I would say that if you have a minimum degree of comfort flying your Spark in different orientations switching to course lock would likely add unnecessary confusion into the mix. The Spark’s capabilities are so much more advanced than its predecessors mentioned above that such a feature would be redundant.

Regards

if i am giving the remote to someone with little experience or want to fly it right near very close trees while getting footage
2019-2-22
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

timtwomey Posted at 2-21 14:57
Litchi and DJI Mod support course lock for the Spark.  Of course, you use them at your own risk.

ok thanks, don't think i will use them as it isnt a dealbeaker
2019-2-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

snowbird pilot Posted at 2-22 06:37
so not in the regular go4?

The Go4 mod 2.0 is a "enhanced" DJI Go app.
Just the mavic modes unlocked, which DJI had blocked for our Sparks.
To test waypoints, poi, ..., it is a good choice, methinks.
2019-2-22
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

timtwomey Posted at 2-21 14:57

Where do I find it in Litchi?
2019-2-22
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2-22 10:12
Where do I find it in Litchi?
When in air, its CL and HL buttons on the left of your screen.. Android
Screenshot_20190222-200109_YouTube.jpg
2019-2-22
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

There are several videos that demonstrate the Litchi CL and HL features.
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules