Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Fool with a Drone
2710 67 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2-22 15:34
https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police-while-driving-your-rights/when-the-police-can-seize-your-vehicle

Maybe he can pay a release fee for his drone, if it’s not destroyed ;+) .....
2019-2-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 16:21
Maybe he can pay a release fee for his drone, if it’s not destroyed ;+) .....

Maybe it was just Karma
2019-2-22
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 15:26
I understand that, it’s the dangerous driving as against the dangerous flying, you need insurance to drive a car you don’t need insurance for a drone. I don’t think your car can be taken from you for dangerous driving once you credentials are in order .

It's coming with new laws for the UK to clamp down on irresponsible drone owners. This will require owners to register or forfeit if caught flying without registration.
New police powers to tackle illegal use of drones
New legislation will give police officers the power to land drones, search premises and seize drones and will require users to produce the proper documentation.
2019-2-23
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2-22 15:34
https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police-while-driving-your-rights/when-the-police-can-seize-your-vehicle

It's coming with new lawson the UK to clamp down on irresponsible drone owners. This will require owners to register or forfeit if caught flying without registration.
New legislation will give police officers the power to land drones, search premises and seize drones and will require users to produce the proper documentation.
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Celsus Posted at 2-23 01:36
It's coming with new lawson the UK to clamp down on irresponsible drone owners. This will require owners to register or forfeit if caught flying without registration.

I think it’s important to lay down the rules first so as we all know the rules of the game. I have no objection to idiots loosing their drones and enforcing these rules may make some think twice, hopefully.
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Celsus Posted at 2-23 01:36
It's coming with new lawson the UK to clamp down on irresponsible drone owners. This will require owners to register or forfeit if caught flying without registration.

I think it’s important to lay down the rules first so as we all know the rules of the game. I have no objection to idiots loosing their drones and enforcing these rules may make some think twice, hopefully.
2019-2-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure what's going on with the double posts here?
Now that I've read the article linked by Aardvark it paints quite a different picture! As can be seen the bias is all about how bad the guy was for having a drone and (trying) to use it as part of his exploits. This is the problem currently in play, in that recreational drone flyers in general are being seen as 'odd balls' and operating a dodgy activity etc etc. Unfortunately this case also now sets a precedent in case law - where by confiscation and destruction will be the default action if by chance you happen to have a 'fly-away'/malfunctioning controller/loss of GPS etc. Not wanting to sound 'nationalist' about it, but its a fact that in the last few years a number of tourists will operate their drones in places the 'locals' know not to. 'Here today, gone tomorrow' folk think they can get away with it. Anyway, hopefully with the law settled over the coming months - this will cut both ways, in that we will all know exactly the boundaries of NFZs, and will have a defence if hauled up before a judge in the case of a dispute. On the specific action of the guy in this case - the more risky thing was him trying to be an Urban Climber - where failure is likely to have a far worse outcome than flying a drone.
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Celsus Posted at 2-23 01:38

Interpretation: Punish law abiding citizens (regardless of them being drone pilots), by giving authorities even more powers and broader scope.
Summary: Step closer to Police State

Nothing against U.K.  They are working towards same here in U.S.
2019-2-23
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-23 13:51
Interpretation: Punish law abiding citizens (regardless of them being drone pilots), by giving authorities even more powers and broader scope.

It seems odd that we have had increased drone disruption reporting within a short space of time. The timing of new regulations and laws appear to be great timing or a convenient coincidence!
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Celsus Posted at 2-23 14:09
It seems odd that we have had increased drone disruption reporting within a short space of time. The timing of new regulations and laws appear to be great timing or a convenient coincidence!

Convenient coincidence as a result of Great timing by powers that be.

As one of our dirty Politicians said - You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.
Point being it is easier to get populace to support giving up a right or freedom for claimed security or safety.

With populace having never heard (or easily forgotten) a Patriots warning words: Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
2019-2-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-23 13:51

Interpretation:- We're nowhere near a police state in the UK, the subject mentioned in the OP had broken the law, plain and simple. And put himself at great personal risk.

2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2-23 15:33
Interpretation:- We're nowhere near a police state in the UK, the subject mentioned in the OP had broken the law, plain and simple. And put himself at great personal risk.

You left out important context of what I replied about.  
"It's coming with new lawson the UK to clamp down on irresponsible drone owners. "

And as you point out, the subject had broken existing law - plain and simple.
Thus new laws are pointless - plain and simple.  Other than to have more power and control over those who abide by Laws.

2019-2-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-23 17:40
You left out important context of what I replied about.  
"It's coming with new lawson the UK to clamp down on irresponsible drone owners. "

But the existing law that was broken was not in relation to the UAV as it wasn't used, but in relation to creating a public nuisance by climbing the bridge.

The laws regarding UAVs in the U.K are in the process of being rolled out to clarify and give substance to the 'guidance' already given by the CAA. The new laws are required, so there is no confusion as to what can and can't be done legally with a UAV in the UK, allowing those who chose to abide within the law to do so with more clarity.
2019-2-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
United Kingdom

... laws are normally made by common consent in a democracy. But there are a number of ways the process can be manipulated for singular gain. I'm not into conspiracy theories as they tend to not hold up to scrutiny - but that does not preclude people with vested interests playing that card, and, let us say with direct access to the legislators having things bent to their wants. I think the 'wild west' era of recreational drone flying is rapidly coming to an end - regulation is becoming more punitive in nature when compared to any other recreational activity. The next phase will be the introduction of tightly controlled airspace with the deployment of systems like the one being developed by NASA UTM Development.
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2-24 14:05
... laws are normally made by common consent in a democracy. But there are a number of ways the process can be manipulated for singular gain. I'm not into conspiracy theories as they tend to not hold up to scrutiny - but that does not preclude people with vested interests playing that card, and, let us say with direct access to the legislators having things bent to their wants. I think the 'wild west' era of recreational drone flying is rapidly coming to an end - regulation is becoming more punitive in nature when compared to any other recreational activity. The next phase will be the introduction of tightly controlled airspace with the deployment of systems like the one being developed by NASA https://utm.arc.nasa.gov/index.shtml.

Going by what OP posted, this is why I question need for new / more drone laws.
"District Judge David Taylor said Scutaru would have faced an immediate prison sentence if he had used his drone."

Scutaru ran afoul of law even though he didn't use his drone.  Scutaru would have run afoul of drone law had he used his drone, and faced prison time for doing so.

Bearing in mind, either way Scutaru was breaking law, and Scutaru obviously didn't care about breaking law.  What good is any new / more drone laws going to do?

2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

... laws are normally made by common consent in a democracy. But there are a number of ways the process can be manipulated for singular gain. I'm not into conspiracy theories as they tend to not hold up to scrutiny - but that does not preclude people with vested interests playing that card, and, let us say with direct access to the legislators having things bent to their wants. I think the 'wild west' era of recreational drone flying is rapidly coming to an end - regulation is becoming more punitive in nature when compared to any other recreational activity. The next phase will be the introduction of tightly controlled airspace with the deployment of systems like the one being developed by NASA https://utm.arc.nasa.gov/index.shtml.

I’m not so sure that’s correct, there are so many more drones out ther, the growth is still exponentially growing , there is huge commercial growth SAR growth, and without recreational growth you won’t have the latter.
I live in Ireland in the last 12 months we have seen growth in recreational drones up 39%, and drone flying laws are basically the same as they were 4 years ago and this is the same for UK and most of Europe, in fact new drone laws rules from EASA will open up more lenient drone laws for most of Europe, really where have you seen this decline ?
2019-2-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

... laws are normally made by common consent in a democracy. But there are a number of ways the process can be manipulated for singular gain. I'm not into conspiracy theories as they tend to not hold up to scrutiny - but that does not preclude people with vested interests playing that card, and, let us say with direct access to the legislators having things bent to their wants. I think the 'wild west' era of recreational drone flying is rapidly coming to an end - regulation is becoming more punitive in nature when compared to any other recreational activity. The next phase will be the introduction of tightly controlled airspace with the deployment of systems like the one being developed by NASA https://utm.arc.nasa.gov/index.shtml.

You need to take the full stop out at end of NASA link for it to work.
2019-2-24
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-22 07:31
I doubt it as there hasn't been a King of England since William III in 1702

^^^^
I read it on the Internet so it must be true!

<chuckle>

http://mccandlessa.people.cofc.edu/Englkinglist.html

So let’s ignore the following shall we;
House of Brunswick, Hanover Line
George I (1714-27)
George II (1727-60)
George III (1760-1820)
George IV (1820-30)
William IV (1830-37)

House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha
Edward VII (1901-10)

House of Windsor
George V (1910-36)
Edward VIII (1936)
George VI (1936-52)

Not sure where you went to school but were History lessons optional?

<ducking>

-=Glyn=-

2019-2-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 2-25 12:29
^^^^

There's a clue when you read up on  Anne, who was the first queen of Great Britain (not England) after the union of the crowns of Scotland & England in 1707.
2019-2-25
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2-24 17:16
You need to take the full stop out at end of NASA link for it to work.

Fixed - thanks for the 'heads up'.
2019-2-25
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 15:10
I’m not so sure that’s correct, there are so many more drones out ther, the growth is still exponentially growing , there is huge commercial growth SAR growth, and without recreational growth you won’t have the latter.
I live in Ireland in the last 12 months we have seen growth in recreational drones up 39%, and drone flying laws are basically the same as they were 4 years ago and this is the same for UK and most of Europe, in fact new drone laws rules from EASA will open up more lenient drone laws for most of Europe, really where have you seen this decline ?

Indeed no decline as such yet - just from my own social circle 'drone flying' is viewed with a raised eyebrow. Along the lines 'but why would you want to fly a drone' etc. For the fun of taking aerial photography and video I say - but still there's that quizzical look. Anyway that aside I was more projecting to where things might be a year to 18 months from now. Hopefully things and attitudes will improve and those of us that work within the law will prevail, and can continue without harassment or threat of imprisonment each time we put our birds into the air!
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2-25 16:27
Indeed no decline as such yet - just from my own social circle 'drone flying' is viewed with a raised eyebrow. Along the lines 'but why would you want to fly a drone' etc. For the fun of taking aerial photography and video I say - but still there's that quizzical look. Anyway that aside I was more projecting to where things might be a year to 18 months from now. Hopefully things and attitudes will improve and those of us that work within the law will prevail, and can continue without harassment or threat of imprisonment each time we put our birds into the air!

I believe it will take some time to improve, I’ve had a few little digs myself just because I own drones and some are ignorant towards them, i think airports will get their acts together which history tells us they are pretty good at, I also think that it will be important for the drone manufacturers to show the need the good that drones can do educate outside of the drone users world to show how safe drones are and the benefits of them

We shall see , I hope joe public can be more open minded with a little persuasion.
2019-2-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 2-25 12:29
^^^^

Internet? Hahaha - try university sunshine and try to comprehend the date of the act of union whilst you're at it. You've listed King's of Great Britain and the United Kingdom - NOT England. How embarrassing for you. William III was indeed the last King of England in 1702. His successor, Queen Anne, was the last Queen Regnant of England and the first Queen of Great Britain under the act of union. No British monarch from 1707 to date has held the title of King or Queen of England - that is an historic fact that any school should have taught you.  

and BTW the house of Saxe Coburg and Gotha ended in 1917 during the reign of George V due to WW1 - it was in that year that the house of Windsor was created and not 1910 as you incorrectly listed from your internet source lol

And thanks for the link which further supports my statement as defines monarchs of England and monarchs of Great Britain seperately hahahaha Where do these people come from...

(standing)
2019-2-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2-25 14:25
There's a clue when you read up on  Anne, who was the first queen of Great Britain (not England) after the union of the crowns of Scotland & England in 1707.

I wouldn't bother wasting your time on him - know it all's often know little lol
2019-2-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-25 23:14
Internet? Hahaha - try university sunshine and try to comprehend the date of the act of union whilst you're at it. You've listed King's of Great Britain and the United Kingdom - NOT England. How embarrassing for you. William III was indeed the last King of England in 1702. His successor, Queen Anne, was the last Queen Regnant of England and the first Queen of Great Britain under the act of union. No British monarch from 1707 to date has held the title of King or Queen of England - that is an historic fact that any school should have taught you.  

and BTW the house of Saxe Coburg and Gotha ended in 1917 during the reign of George V due to WW1 - it was in that year that the house of Windsor was created and not 1910 as you incorrectly listed from your internet source lol

And why would it be embarrassing for me...I am not in the least bit embarrassed.

Isn't the point of any forum to learn and better still have a bit of fun doing it?

One of my oft-used phrases is "It's on the Internet so it must be true."

Oh and thanks for the condescending history lesson and insult in a separate post...maybe you should learn to lighten up a bit although I'm betting they don't teach you that at university sunshine! <touché>

Be careful you don't injure yourself when you fall off that high horse of yours...seems like its a long way down

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 2-26 07:12
And why would it be embarrassing for me...I am not in the least bit embarrassed.

Isn't the point of any forum to learn and better still have a bit of fun doing it?

At least I never questioned your education which was quite rude on your part to begin with - it's important you get your facts in order before you mouth off in a public forum - especially to me.

Goodbye King Glyn
2019-2-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-26 07:31
At least I never questioned your education which was quite rude on your part to begin with - it's important you get your facts in order before you mouth off in a public forum - especially to me.

Goodbye King Glyn

Obviously you missed/ignored the smiley at the end of my flippant line about history at school along with another smiley and <chuckle> & <ducking> quotes so it was never meant to be rude unlike your responses directly to me and also to another poster.

Says it all really but I'm going to leave it there as this is straying wildly off topic...

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 2-26 08:34
Obviously you missed/ignored the smiley at the end of my flippant line about history at school along with another smiley and  &  quotes so it was never meant to be rude unlike your responses directly to me and also to another poster.

Says it all really ut I'm going to leave it there as this is straying wildly off topic...

Nor did I miss the links you posted and the huge effort separately listing every British King in chronological order in a feeble and pathetic attempt to undermine me and big yourself up at my expense. Shame you totally failed. Now do one and know your audience in future.
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules