"Aircraft Disconnected" but is partially connected
1838 9 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IraS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226332 ft

United States

I have a weird problem with a used Phantom 4 Pro+ I just bought.

All was working fine – I test flew it and everything functioned perfectly. When I got it home, I updated the remote controller, which apparently hadn’t been updated for a few months.

After the update, I start up the Remote, then the Aircraft. And I get a solid green light on the Remote. So I press Go Fly.

At the top of the screen, it shows Aircraft Disconnected in Red.

HOWEVER, I can start the motors and move the gimbal, but there is no picture from the camera.

If I go into the Remote and try to re-link by touching “Remote Controller Linking”, it puts up a message that says Confirm Frequency Settings?  I press OK and it does nothing – no beeping like you’d normally get. Pressing & holding the link button on the Aircraft for 3 seconds doesn’t seem to matter.

Also, all during this time the Link Status LED by the SD Card on the Aircraft is blinking RED about 1/second.

Any help would be appreciated at this time.

2019-2-21
Use props
IraS
lvl.1

United States

Additional information: I was able to update the firmware in the Aircraft (about 20-30 minutes).  The remote now does one of two things when I try to connect to the Aircraft:

Sometimes when I turn on the remote and try to connect to the Aircraft, the remote will flash green VERY fast (several times/second). If I Go Fly, the main screen still says Aircraft Disconnected.  But I still have control over the motors and gimbal.

Sometime when I turn on the remote and try to connect to the Aircraft, the remote will beep 1/second continuously, and the light will blink red 1/sec.

After updating the firmware in the Aircraft, I have not been able to get a solid green.
2019-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

IraS Posted at 2-21 20:21
Additional information: I was able to update the firmware in the Aircraft (about 20-30 minutes).  The remote now does one of two things when I try to connect to the Aircraft:

Sometimes when I turn on the remote and try to connect to the Aircraft, the remote will flash green VERY fast (several times/second). If I Go Fly, the main screen still says Aircraft Disconnected.  But I still have control over the motors and gimbal.

First, you need to understand that there are 3 separate radio links in a Phantom. A radio link from the RC controller to the aircraft that controls the actions of the aircraft, a second link from the aircraft back to the RC unit that returns information about what is happening on the aircraft, and a third link that sends back video data from the aircraft camera so you can see what is it showing.

Unfortunately, DJI software does a pretty poor job of differentiating between the 3 links, so when they say 'aircraft is disconnected', is is difficult to know which link they are referring to.

2019-2-22
Use props
IraS
lvl.1

United States

That makes sense, plus there is the Wifi link too.

So apparently 1 of the links is working, but not the other(s).  

Suggestions to fix this?
2019-2-22
Use props
IraS
lvl.1

United States

SOLVED: I'm not sure why, but even though the Remote Controller said that it had the latest firmware, IT DID NOT!  I repeatedly check both the RC and Aircraft, and both indicated latest version.

However, I downloaded the latest version off the DJI website for the P4Pro+, and it was v01.04.01.00.  The version in the Remote Controller was V01.01.01 (I believe that's what it showed - at any rate it was not the latest). After manually installed firmware into the Remote Controller via SD card, everything now connects normally again.
2019-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

IraS Posted at 2-22 07:35
SOLVED: I'm not sure why, but even though the Remote Controller said that it had the latest firmware, IT DID NOT!  I repeatedly check both the RC and Aircraft, and both indicated latest version.

However, I downloaded the latest version off the DJI website for the P4Pro+, and it was v01.04.01.00.  The version in the Remote Controller was V01.01.01 (I believe that's what it showed - at any rate it was not the latest). After manually installed firmware into the Remote Controller via SD card, everything now connects normally again.

Aloha Ira,

What you did was a "Refresh".  It is a good tool that can clean up many problems.  Fly safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-23
Use props
frosty1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492211 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
   I am having the same problem with my pro 4+,  I had to return my controller to DJi as one of the sticks had lost its spring, upon return, I followed the advice and updated the controller and my drone.
I now find that sometimes it comes up with aircraft not connected? but most things seem to work, but it will not see the video camera, but, it can see the normal the camera.
If I switch it off and then on, I will sometimes see everything is normal, I think its a software problem, I have tried a re-install on both the controller and the drone, but it is still the same.
As I am pretty new to this, can someone tell me the best way to reinstall the software on both the controller and drone or is it better to down-grade and then update????  
2019-2-23
Use props
IraS
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2-23 01:52
Aloha Ira,

What you did was a "Refresh".  It is a good tool that can clean up many problems.  Fly safe!

Aloha and Drone On!

OK, But what I don't understand is that V1.4 is on the website as the current version for the RC, but using the RC to check if it's current says YES even though it is at V1.1 and isn't current. Very odd.
2019-2-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

IraS Posted at 2-23 08:51
OK, But what I don't understand is that V1.4 is on the website as the current version for the RC, but using the RC to check if it's current says YES even though it is at V1.1 and isn't current. Very odd.

Aloha Ira,

Yes, it is odd, but that is because the file appears to be corrupted.  That is why the refresh can help to make files current and get everything up and running again.

When things seem weird, it never hurts to refresh the firmware or update (or refresh) the app.  When I first started with DJI products, I screwed up on a firmware update.  I regularly refreshed that update until it started working again.  That old bird, my baby (P3P), is still working like a champ!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-23
Use props
frosty1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492211 ft
United Kingdom

frosty1 Posted at 2-23 06:43
Hi
   I am having the same problem with my pro 4+,  I had to return my controller to DJi as one of the sticks had lost its spring, upon return, I followed the advice and updated the controller and my drone.
I now find that sometimes it comes up with aircraft not connected? but most things seem to work, but it will not see the video camera, but, it can see the normal the camera.

many thanks to everyone for their help have now fix the problem by reinstalling all software
once again everyone
2019-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules