Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel, a hidden & serious fault?
2139 9 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bigbearhk
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Just found out this clip where a season user locate this horrible problem with wheel controller
From 2:00, if last position of wheeler in down, the vertical scroll-bar not backing off and the camera would move down slowly, resulting an unintentional downward shot all the way, thereby destroying whole clip
Is a fix-patch on the way???????? Thank you DJI for your kind attention

2019-2-21
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

While waiting for a "patch", the poster did offer a remedy - calibrate the wheel.
2019-2-22
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Curt1591 Posted at 2-22 01:14
While waiting for a "patch", the poster did offer a remedy - calibrate the wheel.

Thank you..... I see it now
Ironically, a courier rang my doorbell & delivered the wheel controller 15 minutes ago, before I even test this bug on my osmo pocket for real, ha*ha*
2019-2-22
Use props
ManchesterOP
Second Officer
United States

The video user has a filter attached the gimbal balance will be affected, I don't think there would be anything wrong with the controller
2019-2-22
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.3
Hong Kong

ManchesterOP Posted at 2-22 03:23
The video user has a filter attached the gimbal balance will be affected, I don't think there would be anything wrong with the controller

I can't tell if an attached filter could bring up the down-shift-bug thingy.

But pursuing the truth if my wheel controller need any special attention, I mount my completely new wheel controller and note that "white-pointer" is not really in the straight middle of the "green" zone but neither in the bottom of it.

While pointer is not in the middIe of the green, did anyone experiment to shoot some 5-10 minutes footage to see any shifting occurs? What is the result?

I am confident that calibration could solve this problem one-off. Just being curious for why this shifting occurs at all and whether I need to recalibrate every time before using the wheel controller with OP?
2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’ve actually tried to do this with my wheel and I can’t repeat what he’s doing, maybe only with some .
2019-2-22
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Noticed the filter. That might explain the vertical movement but not the horizontal. Then again, may just throw the gimbal off in general.
2019-2-22
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

In the manual that came in the box I remember reading that DJI recommends calibrating the OP after connecting the Controller Wheel to avoid drifting.
2019-2-22
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

darrins Posted at 2-22 12:06
In the manual that came in the box I remember reading that DJI recommends calibrating the OP after connecting the Controller Wheel to avoid drifting.

Wait a minute; you read the manual !?!
2019-2-22
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.3
Hong Kong

On second thoughts, I kinda understand the need of re-calibration when weight distribution differs from factory setting (e.g. what that youtuber did --- adding a ND filter slightly increase forefront mass, therefore require extra opposite torque to offset....)

It seems I really need to do the re-calibration in future, as I am definitely gonna buy & use ND filters/ polaroids, might even need stacks, LoL
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules