360 roll with Osmo Pocket
8385 6 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exchman
lvl.1
France

Hello, anyone knows how to do 360 roll with Osmo Pocket? Like for example with DJI Ronin S? Would it be possible to have it as new feature in next firmware and/or app release update? Thanks.
2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can obviously only do it by hand, basically if your right handed straight out in front of you first roll your arm fully anti clockwise without OP, then with left hand place OP in right hand press record and rotate right hand fully clockwise, this must be done in FPV mode. It will not be perfect but it’s pretty good and useable after some practice.

I haven’t checked but I would imagine there are some videos on YT,
2019-2-22
Use props
Exchman
lvl.1
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 04:45
You can obviously only do it by hand, basically if your right handed straight out in front of you first roll your arm fully anti clockwise without OP, then with left hand place OP in right hand press record and rotate right hand fully clockwise, this must be done in FPV mode. It will not be perfect but it’s pretty good and useable after some practice.

I haven’t checked but I would imagine there are some videos on YT,

Thank you for your prompt response. I looked on YT and did not find much in this regard. How about if I want to take 360 roll upright meaning to take as ceiling shot? Same idea? Or I just keep turning until I am deezy? Any idea if DJI thought about this option for the next release of firmware/DJI Mimo app?
2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Exchman Posted at 2-22 05:31
Thank you for your prompt response. I looked on YT and did not find much in this regard. How about if I want to take 360 roll upright meaning to take as ceiling shot? Same idea? Or I just keep turning until I am deezy? Any idea if DJI thought about this option for the next release of firmware/DJI Mimo app?

Yeah I’m afraid that I’ve tried in all modes, tilt lock FPV and follow but not working.

Try this video, at 5.10 is what your looking for.

2019-2-22
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Exchman Posted at 2-22 05:31
Thank you for your prompt response. I looked on YT and did not find much in this regard. How about if I want to take 360 roll upright meaning to take as ceiling shot? Same idea? Or I just keep turning until I am deezy? Any idea if DJI thought about this option for the next release of firmware/DJI Mimo app?

If you are asking for that to be done entirely by the gimbal mechanism, it is not possible as it is beyond the mechanical limitations of the gimbal.
2019-2-22
Use props
fansedd055c0
New

United Kingdom

RSW Posted at 2-22 15:24
If you are asking for that to be done entirely by the gimbal mechanism, it is not possible as it is beyond the mechanical limitations of the gimbal.

You are both correct and incorrect, due to the limits of roll the gimbal canny make a 360° turn but with a firmware update it is possible just as Freefly made it possible with their Freefly Movi

(Which DJI won’t allow me to link to to show the “barrel roll (Dutch roll)” feature)
2019-6-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

It seems to me what you want can be achieved to a certain extent by software/firmware updates, but it is not available yet. Mimo does not have a roll control at the moment for instance.  So you cannot do it smoothly via the app, unlike a pan. In FPV mode you can move the camera to look all the way up, hold it in flashlight mode, and get a certain level of roll using the app pan control; yet this option is also no where near a full roll. It rolls about 45 degrees to one side before it hits a solid stop (gimbal limit?) and it also rolls about 45 degrees to the other side then it starts bouncing back and forth...

It would be nice to have an app controlled smooth roll though...
2019-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules