Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236440 ft
United States

FYI using Litchi

at least I think its no reason.

So month ago I was getting ready to run mission over water.. then all the sudden it shows return to home.. I would hit cancel.. and it
would do it again.. so I let it come back and I restarted everything.. and flew mission fine.

So yesterday. Drive 90 min to site to fly. Take it up, start the mission it gets half way through mission, im just watching, not touching
anything.. it starts its return to home again. So I let it come back and think I'll just restart and it will work fine.
Nope.. every time I took it up.. just 3 feet up.. it would say landing again.

I'm in the middle of nowhere at a boulder field.. not in a no fly zone, closest metal is my truck.

Before I even came up I updated to the latest firmware as of Feb 21 2019 and redid the fly zone.

So I have the logs.. I just cant make sense of them. I put on some online viewer and it says at the 3m 26 second
mark.. Go Home... I didnt tell it.. I thought for a minute maybe I had key set to do this.. I have them all set to
pause and resume and thats it.

So any ideas ? someone make sense of my logs.. user error ? software..

I attached a zip of the 3 csv files from yesterdays bust... big one is where it started its crazyness and
the small ones were me trying to get it off the ground again.. but it saying it needed to land.

any help is appreciated.. or words of wisdom.

2019-02-21_13-06-16_v2.zip

216 KB, Down times: 2

zip of litchi CSV

2019-2-22
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

Think I should try to reinstall my litchi software or something ?
2019-2-25
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

ok I found the issue.  I was taking it out again at home.. flew 100up and 50 away.. and back to home it came.. and it would have the blue bar of
go home and then it would go away.. and come back.. and go..

so then I brought up DJIgo and tried to see if it would do the same thing. DJI told me my IMU needed to be recalibrated.. so I did that
and now no more issues.

so why didnt Litchi inform me that this needed to be done ??
2019-2-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kevin_kss Posted at 2-27 05:55
ok I found the issue.  I was taking it out again at home.. flew 100up and 50 away.. and back to home it came.. and it would have the blue bar of
go home and then it would go away.. and come back.. and go..

Using litchi you may need to turn off smart RTH if Aircraft thinks it only has enough battery to RTH it will just return, and it always airs on the safe side, it may not be your problem but if doing long litchi missions it helps to turn off smart RTH .
2019-2-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

So any ideas ? someone make sense of my logs.. user error ? software..

Yes, something that would help everyone.  For DJI to make public via WEB page same tool they use to look at our Log files created by our drones.

2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules