Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller hangs up when starting
5579 26 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220873 ft
United States

Hello,
In the last two days my Smaet Controller (M 2 Pro) has begun hanging up when I power it up. It hangs up on the DJI screen. This happens whether the aircraft is powered up or not. It will still connect to the bird but not go past that DJI screen. After two or three cycles of powering it on and off it will go. Today, it won’t come on (past the DJI screeen) regardless of how many times I power it on/off
Please help since, obviously, I’m grounded without the smart controller.
Alan
2019-2-22
Use props
CyFA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I can only suggest to remove the SD card from the controller (before powering on) if you have not installed any 3rd party applications. Hope this helps!
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that one of the main reason for this, it seems the Internal storage of the Smart remote controller is full, However. you may give a try as well removing the external SD card before turning it on, If still, unfortunately, you need to send it in for further checking. You may reach out one of our support channels in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best Regards!
2019-2-22
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

You can try reloading the software.  Drag down on the screen and hit Settings.  Scroll till you find Reload

Good luck
2019-2-22
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

CyFA Posted at 2-22 08:46
I can only suggest to remove the SD card from the controller (before powering on) if you have not installed any 3rd party applications. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip but I had already removed the SD card when this started.
2019-2-23
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 2-22 20:03
You can try reloading the software.  Drag down on the screen and hit Settings.  Scroll till you find Reload

Good luck

I’m at the point where it locks at the DJI screen. I cannot access anything. Even trying to use DJI Assistant to reload firmware stalls.
2019-2-23
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 2-22 20:03
You can try reloading the software.  Drag down on the screen and hit Settings.  Scroll till you find Reload

Good luck

I’m at the point where it locks at the DJI screen. I cannot access anything. Even trying to use DJI Assistant to reload firmware stalls.
2019-2-23
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 11:43
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that one of the main reason for this, it seems the Internal storage of the Smart remote controller is full, However. you may give a try as well removing the external SD card before turning it on, If still, unfortunately, you need to send it in for further checking. You may reach out one of our support channels in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best Regards!

Thanks. A full memory sounds feasible as I had just flown for several hours and dropped all the pics/video to the Controller.   Two questions:
1) What is the chance I could get a “regular” remote sent to me to keep me flying while I wait for DJI to figure out the situation with the Smart Controller?
2) The Controller locking up and inoperable because the memory is full is UNSATISFACTORY and TERRIBLE engineering. I cannot believe as amazingly engineered this system is, that small thing grounds it.
I also cannot believe customer service isn’t available in the weekends.
2019-2-23
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that one of the main reason for this, it seems the Internal storage of the Smart remote controller is full, However. you may give a try as well removing the external SD card before turning it on, If still, unfortunately, you need to send it in for further checking. You may reach out one of our support channels in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best Regards!

Thanks. A full memory sounds feasible as I had just flown for several hours and dropped all the pics/video to the Controller.   Two questions:
1) What is the chance I could get a “regular” remote sent to me to keep me flying while I wait for DJI to figure out the situation with the Smart Controller?
2) The Controller locking up and inoperable because the memory is full is UNSATISFACTORY and TERRIBLE engineering. I cannot believe as amazingly engineered this system is, that small thing grounds it.
2019-2-23
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

Best Regards!

2019-2-23
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that one of the main reason for this, it seems the Internal storage of the Smart remote controller is full, However. you may give a try as well removing the external SD card before turning it on, If still, unfortunately, you need to send it in for further checking. You may reach out one of our support channels in order for them to guide you on what you'll need to do. Just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best Regards!

2) The Controller locking up and inoperable because the memory is full is UNSATISFACTORY and TERRIBLE engineering. I cannot believe as amazingly engineered this system is, that small thing grounds it. ( I guess that’s a statement, not a question)
2019-2-23
Use props
ting-ting
First Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it still stuck on the Dji screen, it happened to me last night when I turn it on. Couldn't figure how to turn it off and did the same as you and tried dji assistant. Tried everything but I got it to turn off and back to normal. Just hold the power button for 10 seconds and it should turn off and then turn it back on and it will be back to normal. Also make sure you transfer pics and videos into the sd card, that's why the internal storage probably full and intall unwanted 3rd party apps. Hope this helps...
2019-2-24
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

ting-ting Posted at 2-24 16:21
Is it still stuck on the Dji screen, it happened to me last night when I turn it on. Couldn't figure how to turn it off and did the same as you and tried dji assistant. Tried everything but I got it to turn off and back to normal. Just hold the power button for 10 seconds and it should turn off and then turn it back on and it will be back to normal. Also make sure you transfer pics and videos into the sd card, that's why the internal storage probably full and intall unwanted 3rd party apps. Hope this helps...

Thanks, but I’ve done what you did what seems like a hundred times. No luck. If I had known it was an issue with the on-board memory I would’ve transferred everything to the card like you suggested.  As it is, I am dead in the water.
I’ll be giving DJI a call first thing tomorrow to see what can be done.
Thanks again.
2019-2-24
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

Just an update here. The Smart Controller was shipped off to DJI (in LA) yesterday. Now we wait for their verdict.
2019-2-26
Use props
Stinny25
lvl.1
United States

I hope you have better luck than me.  I was getting stuck on a quiz screen within the APP.  It would ask you to take a quiz and when you slected "GO" it would say error not found.  It would let you enter the app after that error screen.  I emailed support back and forth and had to send it in.  I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom with smart controller on January 27th and it arrived at my house February 1st.  I had to send the controller off on February 7th and was under the impression they would send me a new one per a supervisor email.  I just got a refurbished smart controller in the mail yesterday and it will not charge past 59%.  Now this controller has to go back!  I have kept all the emails and phone conversations.  It is getting a bit ridiculous! I have asked for the original mavic 2 remote but DJI says they can't do that.   
2019-2-26
Use props
Stinny25
lvl.1
United States

My controller was in better shape than the refurbished one they sent me.  I would have been better off keeping mine and waiting for a firmware update!  
2019-2-26
Use props
SimBoyetto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4423 ft
Italy

I have the same problem, I will send in DJI  
2019-3-4
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same isssues with my smart controller.

Yesterday on site for a customer site survey it hung during a routine take off, a message came up on the screen warning us of the area, which we knew about and had clearances for, it asked us a question, we clicked on no, and a runtime error code message came up.

It then would not allow us to restart, the SC it just gets stuck at the opening DJI Logo.

We have tried to update the firmware via a pc and a Mac, but it hangs every time, it first downloads the update, which takes for every, then tries to transfer the upalod to the SC, which also takes for every, then it just hangs.

The last atempt at updating it failed a and said the software had an error ,,Nd to send the event log to dji, then event the event log upload failed.

This has lost me paid work, and was a very embarrassing situation worth the client, when we couldn’t fly.

Please explain how we can fis this with oout send off the controller, as we bought he combo with the pro 2, we don’t even hve the other controller.

Stumped,
2019-3-4
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-3-4
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-3-4
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SilverbackAir Posted at 2-26 05:47
Just an update here. The Smart Controller was shipped off to DJI (in LA) yesterday. Now we wait for their verdict.

Could you let us know what the verdict was on your smart controller remote please?

Have they found a fault?

Has it been returned?.

Have dji sent you a replacement?.
2019-3-10
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stinny25 Posted at 2-26 10:48
I hope you have better luck than me.  I was getting stuck on a quiz screen within the APP.  It would ask you to take a quiz and when you slected "GO" it would say error not found.  It would let you enter the app after that error screen.  I emailed support back and forth and had to send it in.  I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom with smart controller on January 27th and it arrived at my house February 1st.  I had to send the controller off on February 7th and was under the impression they would send me a new one per a supervisor email.  I just got a refurbished smart controller in the mail yesterday and it will not charge past 59%.  Now this controller has to go back!  I have kept all the emails and phone conversations.  It is getting a bit ridiculous! I have asked for the original mavic 2 remote but DJI says they can't do that.

We have issues with our smart controller too.

However we are reluctant to send it back, we don’t want a second hand one to replace our brand new unit.

Also for some reason, all sales of three units at european resellers now seems to be on hold.

Of the four I have contacted three said dji have told them not to ship any units whilst they investigate certain issues with the firmware.

The other dealer had no stock on the shelves and dji Europe told them there was no date for shipment of any units in the near future.

All of our usual sources in the UK are showing no stock, deliveries fro. The 9th of April.
2019-3-10
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-10 07:06
Could you let us know what the verdict was on your smart controller remote please?

Have they found a fault?

Apologies, I am not on here as much as I maybe should be.

By now you (hopefully) have resolved your issue.

I sent it off, a week later I received a refurbished remote.  It was crap.  It still had another users pics on it and, because it was previously registered to them, it wouldn't activate under my account and therefore receive updates to firmware.  I didn't fly a single minute with it and had to send it back as well.  A week later I received another refurbished remote.  This one has worked well for the past four months without issue.
Note: Do not save media to the remote... bad joojoo.
2019-7-20
Use props
SilverbackAir
lvl.1
United States

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 3-10 07:10
We have issues with our smart controller too.

However we are reluctant to send it back, we don’t want a second hand one to replace our brand new unit.

Apologies, I am not on here as much as I maybe should be.

I sent it off, a week later I received a refurbished remote.  It was crap.  It still had another users pics on it and, because it was previously registered to them, it wouldn't activate under my account and therefore receive updates to firmware.  I didn't fly a single minute with it and had to send it back as well.  A week later I received another refurbished remote.  This one has worked well for the past four months without issue.
Note: Do not save media to the remote... bad joojoo.
2019-7-20
Use props
gfdonc
lvl.1

Australia

SilverbackAir Posted at 7-20 12:32
Apologies, I am not on here as much as I maybe should be.

I have the same problem right now on a BRAND NEW smart controller that I just unboxed after picking it up this afternoon.  Terrible.
On initial startup I got as far as the licence acknowledgement screen, then the unit just locked up and I had to do a hard reset to get it to start again.
Now it just gets to the DJI screen and freezes.
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_rxDGKoo5GTwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39921 ft

France

Same for me on a BRAND NEW smart controler.
After power on I got a white back light illuminated screen for few seconds and then black screen!!!
no logo, no acknowledgement  screen, just black screen.
Nothing appends under  DJi Assistant 2 (2.0.8) : no usb connexion detected (this is ok with same cable an usb port forMavic 2)

Looks like I'm stucked with a BRAND NEW product!!!
2019-8-17
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers guys!

Hope this works im now using a new android tablet, way out of my UI comfort zone!
2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules