P4P RTK - controller compatibility
1483 4 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BPFL
lvl.1

United States

Will using a non-RTK controller (P4P controller) with an P4P RTK and D-RTK 2 limit/impact the RTK functionality?  I'm looking at a 3DR's Site Scan that's not slated to support the RTK controller, but will support the P4P controller (with ipad) at some point in the future.

Thanks in advance!

2019-2-22
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not even sure the standard P4P controller will bind to the P4RTK. Even if it does, unless you're running the DJI GS RTK app on your ipad (if that's even possible) you're not going to have any of the settings to connect to the D-RTK2, or an NTRIP provider, or even see what the status of the aircraft is.
So..... Id'd say no.
2019-2-22
Use props
BPFL
lvl.1

United States

Yeah ... I probably have the cart before the horse on this since this is supposedly on the DJI roadmap ... just wondering out loud what it would take.  Do you feel its possible if DJI develops an iOS flavor of the GS RTK app to run on a P4P controller ... or is there specific hardware in the RTK controller required for the higher accuracy the RTK system provides that isn't in the P4P controller?
2019-2-22
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also curious about this.  If you look at the DJI Ground Station Pro app for IOS, on the DJI website it states that the Phantom 4 RTK is a supported aircraft.  I tried hooking my ipad to the P4RTK remote to see if there was a way to control it from there but did not have any luck.  Anyone else dabble with this or know what DJI is thinking?  I assume the new Terra software will allow easier mission planning for the P4RTK.  its a pain in the ass on that little screen.
2019-4-1
Use props
fans786f5d75
New

Turkey

I guess not.
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules