Osmo pocket screen posterized
926 7 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdquintos
lvl.2
  • >>>
Philippines

My osmo pocket screen produces color banding. Is this a manufacturing defect? I only noticed when I saw my friend’s pocket, so I couldn’t have known during purchase. (Mine’s the left one).
73A4618F-C886-4755-8865-0615F44F2D62.jpeg
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi jdquintos, just to clarify, when using the Osmo Pocket to capture solid color scenes, the case may occur on the touchscreen due to color gradation change and resolution compression, but this will not affect the stored original photos and videos, please don't worry. The shooting angle isn't completed the same as the right one, so that one may not have the same case. Thank you for your attention.
2019-2-24
Use props
jdquintos
lvl.2
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 2-24 19:30
Hi jdquintos, just to clarify, when using the Osmo Pocket to capture solid color scenes, the case may occur on the touchscreen due to color gradation change and resolution compression, but this will not affect the stored original photos and videos, please don't worry. The shooting angle isn't completed the same as the right one, so that one may not have the same case. Thank you for your attention.

Hello. The video files aren’t affected.

It’s not clear in the picture, but UI elements as well are different in the two pockets. The battery status on my friend’s pocket is smooth but mine has very pronounced color banding.
2019-2-24
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Are the two pockets all using the same firmware? Mine has those brand when shooting the white wall, after upgratig to the latest firmware.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jdquintos Posted at 2-24 19:37
Hello. The video files aren’t affected.

It’s not clear in the picture, but UI elements as well are different in the two pockets. The battery status on my friend’s pocket is smooth but mine has very pronounced color banding.

Hi there, I'd confirmed with the engineers, there may be different on the screen display, yet the original videos and photos will not be affected, please don't worry about it.  
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cool h Posted at 2-25 05:14
Are the two pockets all using the same firmware? Mine has those brand when shooting the white wall, after upgratig to the latest firmware.

Hi Cool h, as mentioned at 2#, it may occur when capturing solid color scenes. The original files will not be influenced, please don't worry.
2019-2-25
Use props
jdquintos
lvl.2
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 2-25 22:17
Hi there, I'd confirmed with the engineers, there may be different on the screen display, yet the original videos and photos will not be affected, please don't worry about it.

oh I see. I guess I'll have to live with this cosmetic issue
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jdquintos Posted at 2-27 05:30
oh I see. I guess I'll have to live with this cosmetic issue

Thank you for your understanding. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules