12Next >
3554 53 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyD913
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6346562 ft
United States

I sent my mavic in for obvious warranty issues.
The bird was fine one day and the next upon startup
The gimbal went bezerk and I was getting gimbal obstruction warnings.
The bird flew fine but the camera was tilted at an angle.
I tried to recalibrate I tried everything. Nothing worked so I sent it to DJI thinking they would warranty it and they replied it was crash damaged!!

I sent all data and they retracted the crash but now said
Possible dropped, etc...
LISTEN I BABY MY BIRD LIKE AN INFANT AND NEVER BEEN CRASHED, dropped, or put down hard.
These incompetent idiots send me a repair list which
Included replacing both rear motor arms., top cover, and gimbal mount.
Gimbal mount I might be ok with but the rest is a scam on their part.
When I sent it to them my video worked as well.
They refused to warranty it so I had them send it back.
Once I received it it flew just to see what happens and the video didn’t work!!!!!
WTH did they do?
I sent them the email telling them this and so I sent it back.
These idiots gave me the same quote as first time!!!
I have bought 4 Mavic, 3 phantoms, and this is how I’m treated.
I want DJI TO KNOW YOUR A BUNCH OF IMCOMPETANT
IDIOTS AND AFTER U SEND IT BACK I WILL HAVE THUNDERDRONES FIX IT SINCE YOUR LACK OF HONOR
IN YOUR WORD STINKS.
I very much have the resources to do so.
I’m going to bad mouth you on every forum and make

Drone Drones
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rant I’d say, it’s not looking like you care about anybody’s help.
I think moderators May have been able to shed some light on this for you .
2019-2-23
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 05:46
I think moderators May have been able to shed some light on this for you .

Sometimes you just gotta rant.
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdM Posted at 2-23 06:11
Sometimes you just gotta rant.

Well yeah, I hope you get sorted .
2019-2-23
Use props
JohnnyD913
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-23 05:46
I think moderators May have been able to shed some light on this for you .

I’ve tried twice to get there help.
Done with their incompetent replied Drone Drones
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohnnyD913 Posted at 2-23 07:18
Their to cheap. Scammers on repairs!!
I’ll use THUNDERDRONES
To hell with u dji

Their to cheap ?
2019-2-23
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Just another sad story
2019-2-23
Use props
Space Man
lvl.1
Bahamas

I completely understand the frustration and the rant, I sure hope that DJI takes it as constructive feedback from a frustrated customer.

Even from a business perspective, the lack of DJI support and low quality of support seriously makes me consider purchasing from DJI.

My Mavic Pro 2 is awesome, the controller is good, but my not-so-cheap CrystalSky is painful. Not because of the build quality, but because DJI doesn't update the software (example: no Waypoints 2.0). I would have upgraded to the larger CrystalSky display by now. I'd certainly purchase the new controller. But, I am 99% certain that DJI will not provide updates or decent support.
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Space Man Posted at 2-23 08:00
I completely understand the frustration and the rant, I sure hope that DJI takes it as constructive feedback from a frustrated customer.

Even from a business perspective, the lack of DJI support and low quality of support seriously makes me consider purchasing from DJI.

Based on my experience, it does not matter.  Bought my Mavic Pro Platinum, RC, CrystalSky Ultra, and numerous accessories directly from DJI.  Support was dismal.  Service (repair/replace) was dismal.  Can't see it makes a difference whether you buy from DJI or Authorized DJI reseller.

2019-2-23
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, few points. First, flat out attacking them causes more harm than good. Yes it seems quite odd that they would blame "drop damage" for your gimbal issue, but being both assertive yet diplomatic is more helpful than screeching. Secondly, if you are not ok with a companies product, I would like to remind you that this is a free market. There are other options, nobody is holding you up to buy only DJI, so find what works for you. I find posts like these not too helpful for the forums as it really distracts from other larger issues, ie firmware issues, government overbearing on our hobby/job, etc. I will reiterate again, I dont personally invest myself with any company I purchase from, I just believe that if you need to rant, please consider Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr as better options to express your frustrations, or consider finding something better to do. Regards, Alpha
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

but my not-so-cheap CrystalSky is painful. Not because of the build quality,

Opposite experience.  Painful part has been build quality, coupled to a not so great design.  Granted, GO-4 bloatware hasn't helped things.  But that is not going to change with more frequent firmware updates.  Right now it looks like CrystalSky has reached it's End of Lifecycle.
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-23 14:01
Ok, few points. First, flat out attacking them causes more harm than good. Yes it seems quite odd that they would blame "drop damage" for your gimbal issue, but being both assertive yet diplomatic is more helpful than screeching. Secondly, if you are not ok with a companies product, I would like to remind you that this is a free market. There are other options, nobody is holding you up to buy only DJI, so find what works for you. I find posts like these not too helpful for the forums as it really distracts from other larger issues, ie firmware issues, government overbearing on our hobby/job, etc. I will reiterate again, I dont personally invest myself with any company I purchase from, I just believe that if you need to rant, please consider Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr as better options to express your frustrations, or consider finding something better to do. Regards, Alpha

Got to disagree.  OP is bringing his issues right to company's own version of Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr.  This is where people come to look see if others are having problems with DJI products, regardless of whether it is potential customers or owners.  
Sometimes it helps to know you are not only one having problems with a product, in this case DJI support and service of a DJI product.
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

If it’s waypoints 2 your looking for, then you may well be bitterly disappointed ,  Crystalsky last FW &SW updates have caused no problems of any note, updating is not all it’s cracked up to be, but a lot looking for W2, I imagine when they get it they’ll wonder why.

I think OP is entitled to rant, but with little explanation as to why he’s ranting, it’s likely his rant will blow away like grass in the wind.
2019-2-23
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Which repair center did you send your bird to ?   I hear they treat people better at the Texas location compared to California.
2019-2-23
Use props
JohnnyD913
lvl.2
United States

I could care less what those phony a-holes think of me!!
I tried diplomacy and their greed will not cover obvious warranty!
That’s why I posted on this forum PRAYING DJI READS THESE
POST!!
What are they gonna do hold my Mavic hostage and not return it?
The incompetent idiots already sent back my bird worse than when I sent it to them!!!
I personally don’t give a s#%* what they think!
Here’s my name so they can better hate me!
Drone Drones
Want my address tooo??
Bunch of f%#^#*# idiotic scammers
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I sent all data and they retracted the crash but now said  - Possible dropped,

If I were you, I would insist DJI provide evidence of drone actually being dropped.  Not merely a claim by DJI that drone's damage was result of a "Possible dropped".
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Once I received it it flew just to see what happens and the video didn’t work!!!!!

If you have any video from your drone showing video working after gimbal problem and prior to sending it in for repair, it would greatly help your case.  

2019-2-23
Use props
JohnnyD913
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-23 20:40
I sent all data and they retracted the crash but now said  - Possible dropped,

If I were you, I would insist DJI provide evidence of drone actually being dropped.  Not merely a claim by DJI that drone's damage was result of a "Possible dropped".

Brilliant idea friend.
Thank u I shall email them immediately Drone Drones
2019-2-23
Use props
JohnnyD913
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-23 20:43

I do have that proof. I will send it Drone Drones
2019-2-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Best of luck!  I do hope you get a satisfactory resolution.  
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohnnyD913 Posted at 2-23 15:41
I could care less what those phony a-holes think of me!!
I tried diplomacy and their greed will not cover obvious warranty!
That’s why I posted on this forum PRAYING DJI READS THESE

I think if they said you dropped then you would have that in an email from them, it seems bazar that they would say this, maybe post this email from them .
Dji repair also take photos of craft when returned, so you could ask for those to be sent to you. It will be interesting to see what thunderdrones say is wrong with your Mavic .
2019-2-23
Use props
JohnnyD913
lvl.2
United States

I just learned that DJI lost 160,000,000 million in FRAUD!
Still at it it seems!
Lol!
I hope I can be the nail in their coffinDrone Drones
2019-2-23
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

just so you all know about the integrity of this dude, this is what JohnnyD913 has posted on another forum about his other 2 Mavics

"No the first two I crashed the f#** out of cause I knew I had care refresh, the third I babied cause I knew it was last."
Seems like karma to me

2019-2-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kingram Posted at 2-23 15:18
Which repair center did you send your bird to ?   I hear they treat people better at the Texas location compared to California.

Can confirm, Texas did a good job.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AnzacJack Posted at 2-24 00:47
just so you all know about the integrity of this dude, this is what JohnnyD913 has posted on another forum about his other 2 Mavics

"No the first two I crashed the f#** out of cause I knew I had care refresh, the third I babied cause I knew it was last."

I agree, anyone who wants something sorted doesn’t approach it like this, he talks a lot but talk is cheap, I have asked him to upload some proof but nothing, so difficult to support this .
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-23 14:01
Ok, few points. First, flat out attacking them causes more harm than good. Yes it seems quite odd that they would blame "drop damage" for your gimbal issue, but being both assertive yet diplomatic is more helpful than screeching. Secondly, if you are not ok with a companies product, I would like to remind you that this is a free market. There are other options, nobody is holding you up to buy only DJI, so find what works for you. I find posts like these not too helpful for the forums as it really distracts from other larger issues, ie firmware issues, government overbearing on our hobby/job, etc. I will reiterate again, I dont personally invest myself with any company I purchase from, I just believe that if you need to rant, please consider Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr as better options to express your frustrations, or consider finding something better to do. Regards, Alpha

I would think you had this nailed from the start, if your looking for support or help from others don’t rant , just give the info and if it’s as one would say then others will support.
This looks to me like is trying to rent a crowd just to cause trouble.

You should look at post 24 .
2019-2-24
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe check the gimbal and try to recalibrate. Hope that helps.  ;)
2019-2-24
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I found that you posted this a couple of months ago

“Well after a long month and selling 4 batteries,
2 dji 4 station charger, 2 car chargers, my Mavic was found on a mans roof.
My question is this:
Should I even try and start Mavic even if
I have charged battery?
I’m afraid since it set there during 2 massive
Rains it’s ruined.”

This is your 4th Mavic. The first a warranty replacement, the second you crashed in a tree and it then fell into a pond,the third you smashed into a concrete pillar and now this one that sat on a roof for a month through 2 storms.
And you really think that DJI should replace this for you or you will take them to court and ruin them.
I’m not a fan boy as you have accused me, and I’ve also had my problems with DJI so certainly not 100% happy at all times, but you are delusional if you think you will have any success against DJI when you have publically proven, over numerous threads, what a poor pilot you are and how badly you have cared for your drones. Raging here is pointless, and directing anger at me also as pointless. It is obvious you have no intention of following through with any of your claims and I doubt you will get any support here. Perhaps a new hobby that is safer for everyone is where you need to direct your attention.
Good luck with you future endeavours
2019-2-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 12:56
I would think you had this nailed from the start, if your looking for support or help from others don’t rant , just give the info and if it’s as one would say then others will support.
This looks to me like is trying to rent a crowd just to cause trouble.

Gotcha, I was able to locate the mentioned posts.
2019-2-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2-24 14:05

Hopefully he wont do anything that flys or moves based on nitro. I would dread to think what he would be capable of doing at faster speeds than a DJI drone.
2019-2-24
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Well he seems to have pulled his head in and run off with his tail between his legs now, so hopefully we won’t be subjected to anymore rants.He has been banned from other forums due to his threats and behaviour
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AnzacJack Posted at 2-25 00:22
Well he seems to have pulled his head in and run off with his tail between his legs now, so hopefully we won’t be subjected to anymore rants.He has been banned from other forums due to his threats and behaviour

I’d say he’s gone, but you’ll find there will always be a few who will jump on the bandwagon for no other reason but to bash dji .
2019-2-25
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

Seriously... I had an issue with a Autel -- NO Problems. They stepped up and supported.  I've read about the struggles people have had with DJI -- I insured my drone (Mavic 2 Zoom) with another company instead of going with DJI 'Care'. One that has a reputation of no hassle. Sure it's more expensive but if something goes wrong I don't want any issue, and yeah they do cover you if it drops, and they do cover you if you make a mistake.
I love my DJI products, but heck if Autel makes a good drone, and stands behind it -- maybe we should consider jumping ship.
2019-2-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AnzacJack Posted at 2-24 14:05

That's an interesting post, it would seem DJIs initial assessment of 'crashed' might have had some merit :-)
2019-2-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wish you all, after post #1, used the ignore feature on this forum.......
IGNOREBTN.png
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RichInGa Posted at 2-25 05:24
Seriously... I had an issue with a Autel -- NO Problems. They stepped up and supported.  I've read about the struggles people have had with DJI -- I insured my drone (Mavic 2 Zoom) with another company instead of going with DJI 'Care'. One that has a reputation of no hassle. Sure it's more expensive but if something goes wrong I don't want any issue, and yeah they do cover you if it drops, and they do cover you if you make a mistake.
I love my DJI products, but heck if Autel makes a good drone, and stands behind it -- maybe we should consider jumping ship.

You surely don’t think if it’s not djis fault they should replace craft, that would give us all free reign to go out and fly around like lunatics.
You wouldn’t be on your own if you did .
2019-2-25
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 12:07
You surely don’t think if it’s not djis fault they should replace craft, that would give us all free reign to go out and fly around like lunatics.
You wouldn’t be on your own if you did .

Absolutely not, but I've heard enough stories to be concerned that even if I fly responsibly that DJI still may not honor their product. The insurance that I have now -- I can fly however I want to . NO questions asked, and they'll give you another drone, but I still take care of my drone.
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RichInGa Posted at 2-25 15:21
Absolutely not, but I've heard enough stories to be concerned that even if I fly responsibly that DJI still may not honor their product. The insurance that I have now -- I can fly however I want to . NO questions asked, and they'll give you another drone, but I still take care of my drone.

What you’ve heard is a myth, many say they don’t honor their warranty, but when it comes down to it, it’s usually pilot error.
You will find it very difficult to find a case around here where it was clear craft malfunction and dji didn’t honour their warranty, but easy to find many were malfunction was honoured by warranty, and that’s pretty much true, but if you listen to the urban myths you will come to the conclusion you are.

If you look at it logically, if dji was deliberately denied people their warranty, they have approx 100 service areas around the world, don’t you think that if they instructed their engineers staff to deny warranty and they did, so all it would take is one disgruntled staff member to bring the whole thing down around their knees, for what a drone that’s probably worth a few hundred quid, it just doesn’t make sense, the sheer fallout from something like that is definitely not what any major company putting their reputation on the line for .
2019-2-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 15:36
What you’ve heard is a myth, many say they don’t honor their warranty, but when it comes down to it, it’s usually pilot error.
You will find it very difficult to find a case around here where it was clear craft malfunction and dji didn’t honour their warranty, but easy to find many were malfunction was honoured by warranty, and that’s pretty much true, but if you listen to the urban myths you will come to the conclusion you are.

I just did a warranty repair on my MA remote and they just flat out sent me a new one. The fact I hear so many warranty claims denied on this forum is indeed suspicious.
2019-2-25
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

RichInGa Posted at 2-25 05:24
Seriously... I had an issue with a Autel -- NO Problems. They stepped up and supported.  I've read about the struggles people have had with DJI -- I insured my drone (Mavic 2 Zoom) with another company instead of going with DJI 'Care'. One that has a reputation of no hassle. Sure it's more expensive but if something goes wrong I don't want any issue, and yeah they do cover you if it drops, and they do cover you if you make a mistake.

Yes, but it’s blokes like the fella who started this thread, and there are many, that make the whole assessment process so drawn out. DJI are a company not a charity
2019-2-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules