Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal Craziness
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Unmanned_Eye
New

United Kingdom

I have a Phantom 3 Pro which crashed, damaging the gimbal, bending the YAW arm and ripping the cable running from the main drone mobo to the gimbal.
I ordered a new arm and cable which all went in okay however there was a rubbing with the roll motor (which attaches to the YAW arm). I ordered a new roll arm + motor.

Today the new motor and arm came and after installing it all the gimbal does that crazy, shaky dance.

I have ensured all motors are oriented correctly, the screw in the flat side at the top of the YAW arm, the "D" upwards with the roll motor and, the flat bit of the camera shaft facing the rear. I have checked and double checkced these orientations with various other online references and it still continues to happen.

I highly doubt it is a software issue/easy as just calibrating it. I doubt warranty applies/am able to send it back for repairs.

I can only think of it being something orientated incorrectly or possibly the ribbon cable as everythning else I could see being an issue (excluding the boards, camera and YAW motor which worked before) such as the arms, and the roll motor are new.

What is odd is that it all worked (other than the rubbing (as seen above)) until I replaced the roll arm, but something may have been damaged as I replaced it (such as the ribbon cable).

It's highly frustrating for me while also being an issue as I'm 16 and just started my own drone cinematorgraphy business - I have a client on monday.
Any help would be much appriciated, I'm hoping it's something simple. Oli
2019-2-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Check flat ribbon for damage.  Even a small dent.
2019-2-23
Use props
Unmanned_Eye
New

United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2-23 07:47
Check flat ribbon for damage.  Even a small dent.

Very very minor bends/folds. Can't see dents or anything too concerning. At times, the connectors were a bit of a pain to plug, using pliers etc to get in, but nothing ever worried me.

I have ordered a new ribbon cable due to the fact it may be the problem, I don't want to delay the client meeting as much as possible.

Is there anything else it's likely to be? As it was working after the initial repair I feel it's just some human error I've made today. Ribbon cable is likely however as it's the only part I could have damaged today.

Thanks for the reply
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules