! GPS Rollover 2019, April 6th - How are DJI products affected?
2114 10 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any thoughts or discussion on how the rollover is going to affect DJI products? Any concerns? No fly that day?

MEMORANDUM FOR U.S. OWNERS AND OPERATORS USING GPS TO OBTAIN UTC TIME
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bob Brown. Thank you for sharing this very informative information link with us today. Let us all fly safely on the said date. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-23
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft
United States

So is that to say it is official that DJI products will no be affected by the GPS epoch?
2019-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like potential problems for drones, having FW updated looks like a must.

2019-2-24
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 03:55
It looks like potential problems for drones, having FW updated looks like a must.

Waiting on official word before I take that leap into upgrading; I have been very happy using the older "bug free" firmware. Of coarse lots of YouTuber's / bloggers will be over dramatizing the issue to get clicks.  After reading up on the issue, it only seems to affect time data not positioning information so I am only looking for DJI to comment if it is or not an issue. Of coarse they want everyone to use the latest software...  so far all we have from DJI is a canned response instead of getting an official statement. Perhaps better if I simply open a support case on the issue.
2019-2-24
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 10:30
Hello and good day Bob Brown. Thank you for sharing this very informative information link with us today. Let us all fly safely on the said date. Have a safe and happy flying always.

Thanks? I hope everyone flies safe every single day and not just on that date. lol
Is there any official DJI word or internal memo on this? Not looking to make an issue out of nothing if there isn't one.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bob Brown Posted at 2-24 04:27
Waiting on official word before I take that leap into upgrading; I have been very happy using the older "bug free" firmware. Of coarse lots of YouTuber's / bloggers will be over dramatizing the issue to get clicks.  After reading up on the issue, it only seems to affect time data not positioning information so I am only looking for DJI to comment if it is or not an issue. Of coarse they want everyone to use the latest software...  so far all we have from DJI is a canned response instead of getting an official statement. Perhaps better if I simply open a support case on the issue.

Look it’s pretty simple, if using old FW wait and see if it doesn’t work then you may not have a choice, I kinda expected dji to make a statement or comment on this, maybe soon , before the lunatics start running the asylum ;+).....
2019-2-24
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 04:37
Look it’s pretty simple, if using old FW wait and see if it doesn’t work then you may not have a choice, I kinda expected dji to make a statement or comment on this, maybe soon , before the lunatics start running the asylum ;+).....

I did some more research and what I gathered is that the date code roll-over will only affect older GPS units. This roll-over should not affect DJI - gps operations on April 6th 2019 since the drone does not get it's system clock time from this utc data source.

~ I had hoped for an official response from DJI.

"Feel'n like a mushroom. keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em crap."

2019-2-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -2019-week-rollover
2019-3-21
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522451 ft
Italy

#Quick Reply Here#https://www.dji.com/it-en/newsro ... -2019-week-rollover
2019-4-5
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it time to bring out my survival gears again? I haven't gotten a good use of them since Y2K.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules