Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin won't engage motor
32595 17 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Locksy
New

United States

i've tried my best to find a pattern but sometimes with my Ronin perfectly balanced I'll turn it on and the motors will not engage. I recycle the power turning it back on with the same result. Sometimes this can last 15 to 20 minutes before the Ronin suddenly decides to Engage.  I typically do a combination of using other batteries and unseating the battery then re-seating it again. Has anyone else had such an issue?  Most recently this happened when the power on the battery was very low and then I turned it off and put a new battery on and it took forever to get the motor to engage again.  It has made me incredibly nervous about turning the Ronin off while onset. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-擎天柱
lvl.1

China

Upload a video clip please.
2014-11-18
Use props
wjh
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've had this issue before in the past and I discovered that for me it occurs when I've put too much weight on the Ronin. In my circumstance, the despite it being balanced (for example) the mattebox is just too much for the motors and it will disengage. I've had to strip it down and see what the issue was.
My Usual Set up:
Red Epic
Slimline IDX battery
Ziess CP2
Remote Follow Focus (various) - motor and power module

Things I had to disgard - mattebox, and heavy lenses.
2014-12-5
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

Make sure your battery is fully seated.  That solved it for me.
2015-1-7
Use props
brian.rovanpera
New

United States

I am having a similar issue. I turned the battery on expecting the motor to become engaged and it is not. I can hear it though. It sounds like it's trying to engage but then it doesn't. After letting it sit a minute or two I tipped the camera slightly to feel if there was any motor resistence and there wasn't. I placed it back to center and the motor caused it to spin wildly. My initial thought was that it needs to be re-calibrated. I plugged it into my computer to run the App on it and the App appears to not be communicating with the Gimbal at all. Not sure what to do. Will be calling DJI tomorrow if further experiments fail to yield results.
2015-9-20
Use props
Already any sollutions here? Same problem. Exacly same as the problem above.. From Brian
2016-5-31
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

matthijs@chasem Posted at 2016-5-31 15:32
Already any sollutions here? Same problem. Exacly same as the problem above.. From Brian

Use ziptise to tighten the loosen cable in the T connection of the roll motor
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

matthijs@chasem Posted at 2016-6-1 02:32

Hello.
This issue is probably caused by the bad connection of the battery, please make sure you've firmly seated the battery.
In addition, there're two version batteries up to now, the new battery is only compatible with the latest firmware.

Thanks.  
2016-6-1
Use props
arturochu
lvl.1

Mexico

Did you find any solutions to this?
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

arturochu@gmail Posted at 2016-6-21 09:53
Did you find any solutions to this?

Hello.
After powering on the Ronin, if the motors gain strength but go limp very soon, the motors might just go to self-protection mode for some reason. Please check the balance and connect your Ronin to the Assistant software to check the motors' live values.

Thanks.
2016-6-22
Use props
twebster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have experienced this problem too - battery is properly seated, camera is balanced, but intermittent power on, and sometimes simply won't turn on at all. I've already sent to Ronin for repair but am having exactly the same issue and will send it in AGAIN. Ronin has only been used a dozen times. It makes using the Ronin a complete waste of time when you need to rely on it for a shot.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

twebster@reelme Posted at 2016-7-21 04:58
I have experienced this problem too - battery is properly seated, camera is balanced, but intermitte ...

When you sent the unit in to be serviced, did you send the battery as well?
2016-7-20
Use props
twebster
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-20 23:20
When you sent the unit in to be serviced, did you send the battery as well?

yes i did, is this a common problem and what is the cause of it?
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

twebster@reelme Posted at 2016-7-23 03:25
yes i did, is this a common problem and what is the cause of it?

Based on your description, it could be either an issue with the battery or the terminal if it's completely powering off as opposed to a basic motor kill. Unfortunately I'm not able to acquire European repair records from the US easily, so I would not know what has already been done to the unit to rule out additional factors.

Just to clarify, however, do you have multiple batteries or just one for your Ronin?
2016-7-22
Use props
boose11
New

India

I'm Roy from India. My Ronin Gimbal must be upgrade. But not upgrade IMU failure. So what can I do and attached screen shot. Please help me and reply for solution
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled 1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
2016-9-6
Use props
Colin_Whitfield
New

United States

boose11@gmail.c Posted at 2016-9-6 22:14
I'm Roy from India. My Ronin Gimbal must be upgrade. But not upgrade IMU failure. So what can I do and attached screen shot. Please help me and reply for solution

I used that same app and it did nothing for my ronin s, try to download the dji pro assistant app (I tried posting the link but it says I don not have the permission to). If you go to their website and click on the ronin s and scroll to the bottom you'll see two zip files. Choose one of the zip files underneath the QR box for Windows or Apple and download the firmware and it should fix it. Hope this helps!
2018-9-15
Use props
djiuser_OrNBuQ00oXh4
New

United States

I've had the same exact problem. I sent my ronin in to dji service, they said there was nothing wrong with it. They sent it back and it still doesn't work!!!! It only randomly works, maybe 1 out of 10 times. Super frustrating. Sometimes it just starts spinning uncontrollably around, it is super dangerous and could damage my camera.
2018-10-19
Use props
fans349484fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338248 ft
Australia

Same problem here all lights on , app on and nothing. The app picks up the model but show no information no movement
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules