Night photography
712 11 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FHD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100922 ft
Australia

Hi guys, I’m looking at buying the osmo pocket and just wondering if anyone can tell me what they are like for doing night photography and videos ?
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day FHD. Thank you for choosing the DJI Osmo Pocket.  I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who owned and experience night photography using the said device. In addition I will be posting a DJI Forum thread on how to take crystal clear night photos with your DJI osmo pocket created by Mauros Films. Thank you for your support.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-180489-1-1.html
2019-2-23
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went traveling with the OP for a month and shot many low light and evening shots. Check out the videos in my thread here, they are all un-edited direct upload from the files from the OP.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549
2019-2-23
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I can show you what it's like for night photography.

Straight from camera.

Panorama

3x3 cropped

Light painted with a torch

Under ambient floodlighting

Some are hand held and some are tripod mounted.

2019-2-24
Use props
Harleyrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29629 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a night video I had taken in December right after I got the Osmo Pocket. I was very impressed by the quality of the night video.

2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-24 03:24

Straight from camera.

Hey Ace, they are exceptional , great subjects, and I’m impressed with the low noise in all photos. Good job keep up the good work.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Some processing in PhotoShop Express.

2019-2-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-24 03:24

Straight from camera.

Great shots.
2019-2-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Harleyrick Posted at 2-24 05:27
Here is a night video I had taken in December right after I got the Osmo Pocket. I was very impressed by the quality of the night video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CdhYCAp_O0&t=

Awesome vid
2019-2-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 05:58
Some processing in PhotoShop Express.

[view_image][view_image]

Outstanding shots.
2019-2-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 05:55
Hey Ace, they are exceptional , great subjects, and I’m impressed with the low noise in all photos. Good job keep up the good work.

I can't emphasize enough that shutter times have to be at their maximum to keep the ISO values down so most of the time tripods are essential. Not much use for anything not static unless you need some motion in the shots.  The white balance though I think is very good, even in mixed lighting conditions as is the lack of flare when facing lighting. In all, I'm pleased, especially with the panorama capability. Even so, I still carry around my DSLR for those shots where the Pocket has difficulty but it has meant I have got a reasonable wide angle option that even the DSLR can't match when taking a 3x3, and with less side to side distortion to correct in post. While the background is dark the subjects are under floodlights. If I need an exposure of more than eight seconds, that's when the DSLR comes out.  The other thing that amazes me is how much of a frame I can get in focus. For me, I think the Osmo Pocket outstrips its price point but it does have limitations and occasionally will trip up and not co-operate. I wouldn't want to take anything that had movement in it.
2019-2-24
Use props
FHD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100922 ft
Australia

Hey thanks for that guys. I think it should work for I want to do.

Cheers
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules