Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My remote lost connection to my Mavic. Is my drone gone?
6655 20 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MitchWhitmer
lvl.1
United States

So I was flying and everything was going good. No wind warnings, it was a legal area, and I was above anything I could run in to. After a few minutes my remote randomly lost connection and my screen started freaking out and spamming me random warnings. I clicked return to home but that did nothing, I waited and tried to reconnect. Nothing worked.. I eventually gave up and decided to go and look for my drone. I never found it. What happens to a drone when this happens? And is it possible to find it?
2019-2-23
Use props
Gazmg
First Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

There be more experienced then myself but i believe if you upload your flight log someone should be able to give you a good idea where it is..But failure of signal should tell the dji to RTH automatically ? were your rth settings correct ? or maybe battery just died and it fell ?
2019-2-24
Use props
spandit
First Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

Aren't you supposed to keep the drone in line of sight? There are 3 settings for lost connection:- hover, land or RTH. If the battery became critically low it should attempt a landing anyway but if you didn't know where you were at the time then I wish you luck
2019-2-24
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-2-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try posting your flight records
2019-2-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that buddy
2019-2-24
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Seems that a lot of pilots think LOS is just a suggestion.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MitchWhitmer, I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this issue that happened, I would recommend reaching out through one of our support channels in order for you to have the guide on what you will need to do to find out what could be the cause of said issue. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your support.

2019-2-24
Use props
MitchWhitmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 06:38
Hello and good day MitchWhitmer, I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this issue that happened, I would recommend reaching out through one of our support channels in order for you to have the guide on what you will need to do to find out what could be the cause of said issue. You may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]
Thank you I will do that! Also I found the clip in the DJI GO app of what happened. I trimmed it down, I’ll link it.

https://youtu.be/_o8F6cObCCI

Any insight would be super helpful!
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MitchWhitmer Posted at 2-24 21:10
Thank you I will do that! Also I found the clip in the DJI GO app of what happened. I trimmed it down, I’ll link it.

https://youtu.be/_o8F6cObCCI

Thank you for providing this video clip, you may include this as well when you reach out one of the support channels and for them to check and to find out what could be the main reason. Best regards!
2019-2-25
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

spandit Posted at 2-24 00:39
Aren't you supposed to keep the drone in line of sight? There are 3 settings for lost connection:- hover, land or RTH. If the battery became critically low it should attempt a landing anyway but if you didn't know where you were at the time then I wish you luck

No need to poke him. You flying VLOS probably out of lack of confidence....VLOS rule is like "Smoking Leads to Death" sign on cigarettes box. You either smoke and take a risk or you dont.

Without flight log we can only speculate.
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 2-25 15:18
No need to poke him. You flying VLOS probably out of lack of confidence....VLOS rule is like "Smoking Leads to Death" sign on cigarettes box. You either smoke and take a risk or you dont.

Without flight log we can only speculate.

Flying out of VLOS is a very serious business, smoking the cigarettes you’ll kill your self and I’m fine with that.
Flying BVLOS , You risk putting others in danger, handgliders, balloonists, First Responders both trying to take off and land, if your craft malfunctions or something goes wrong you are no longer able to give your full control to you Aircraft thus putting civilians and property in danger, flying BVLOS and having lost full control of your aircraft will probably be the biggest gripe of civilians who hate drones and demand that because they are out of control , they need more restrictions.

It may not be what you do or how you fly but spare a thought for commercial drone pilots and indeed all those who fly within the rules and what problems you may be adding to their woes .

I’m not against or telling you how you should fly, you take the risks you pay the piper, it’s your drone and it’s under your control, I’m not sure however if you should be publicly telling others that VLOS is some sort of rule that has no real significance except you somehow like smoking might kill yourself, it’s not you who will be in danger if you don’t fly VLOS but others, so maybe show some concern for others.
2019-2-25
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Oh gosh hallmark shut up already with your bull....he has not even posted a flight log yet....im sure he knows flying out of los is bad
2019-2-25
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 18:45
Flying out of VLOS is a very serious business, smoking the cigarettes you’ll kill your self and I’m fine with that.
Flying BVLOS , You risk putting others in danger, handgliders, balloonists, First Responders both trying to take off and land, if your craft malfunctions or something goes wrong you are no longer able to give your full control to you Aircraft thus putting civilians and property in danger, flying BVLOS and having lost full control of your aircraft will probably be the biggest gripe of civilians who hate drones and demand that because they are out of control , they need more restrictions.

I’d say check videos posted here in this forum. 90% can’t be done vlos.
Speed limit is 65. But everyone going 70. I prefer 74.
2019-2-25
Use props
AnzacJack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looks like it may have hit something, a branch maybe, on that hill.
Flight logs will tell the story
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

$gambino$ Posted at 2-25 19:24
Oh gosh hallmark shut up already with your bull....he has not even posted a flight log yet....im sure he knows flying out of los is bad

I was wondering when you might pop your head up again with nothing but smart answer, if you were able or bothered to read what I wrote , you would see I was not referring to the OP, nor did I offer an opinion on the OPs crash, I think the refer to it as foot stuck in mouth.
I don’t comment about others flying BVLOS but I have no problems commenting when they say it’s fine to fly BVLOS, your craft is yours to do what you like with it , but don’t try to put on others that it’s ok for them to fly BVLOS , I don’t tell you how to fly and I don’t tell you how I fly .
2019-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 2-25 19:52
I’d say check videos posted here in this forum. 90% can’t be done vlos.
Speed limit is 65. But everyone going 70. I prefer 74.

I don’t have a problem with you flying BVLOS that’s your business and if you want to post videos here or on other social media I’m fine with that as I said it’s yourcraft to do what you want.
But telling others that their only risk is to themselves is not correct and is far from correct in fact it’s quite the opposite.

Just on the speed limit again that’s bravado talking, you just posted a video here and you weren’t above 16 kph . No videos posted here at 74 kph in fact it’s probably impossible to get any good footage at 74 kph .
2019-2-26
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I was talking about car speed limits and how everyone driving above that limit.
2019-2-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Video clearly shows drone contacted something on the ground, probably a limb, that caused it to crash.  The area looks a lot like our terrain with sandstone outcroppings, one large one being a National Monument.
2019-2-26
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Find your drone feature was added to the DJI Go 4 app around April of 2017 with firmware update version 4.0.7. If for whatever reason your drone decides to take a trip without your knowledge or intention, you can use this feature to track down your drone and hopefully bring it back home safe and sound.  See and it might help.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_FPMjZvUBHGyY
lvl.1

Portugal

Good Morning. I am buying a mavic pro combo, using a galaxy s8 plus and only use the drone on the beach totally deserted, but the control all the time disconnects. Unfortunately I'm not happy about that. I think it's very dangerous! I've done all the DJI Go 4 updates and it still happens. I want a solution, the device is very expensive and I did not use it much, less than 1 hour of flight. Regards Nivaldo
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules