1160 7 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was standing next to my neighbor and we were both flying the Mavic 2 zoom..  I started to get a strange remote interference warning that I have never seen before. He had no warning..   Maybe this could have had something to do with my LOUSY. Apple ipad mini4. The screen was all weird looking (it was 40F outside). and I was getting video lag (Ihave totally stripped this ipad mini 4 and run nothing except the DJI App... it gave me even more trouble in the summer). My neighbors apple XR phone had a perfect picture.

ANyone else had issues flying drones with someone else?
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JJMik. I am sorry to know that you had an issue with a remote interference on your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Are you able to use a different mobile device for us to isolate the said issue and please try to fly your drone to a different location. You may also give a try as well using a different frequency or different channel under Image transmission setting from DJI Go 4 app. Please keep us updated on the said issue. For us to help you further. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-24
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello thanks for your response.   I'm not complaining... I LOVE the Mavic.... actually all my drones.   It's thanks to DJI that  I just got my commercial FAA Certification and plan one starting to make a side job out of my drone hobby.

I was just wondering if there is some protocol. for flying right along side someone else?  Something to avoid?  I had never heard or read anything about it. I thought the transmission for the mavic 2 remote was supposed to constantly change so that different mavic remotes can not interfere with each other while flying at the same time.  

If it happens again Ill take your advice and try manually adjusting HD Channel...    I have flown from this same location hundreds of times without incidence.    There was no effect on the control of the UAV...just a strange error message I had never seen before (also bad screen interfernence), BUT. I have never stood right next to another Mavic 2 pilot and flown at the same time.
2019-2-24
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Interference from another controller is perfectly normal.   Consider that the signals put out by the controller can be received at distances of over 5 miles.  Consider that your controller can receive the signals from your Mavic when it's over 5 miles away.   

Now Imagine how strong the signal is when you're only 5 feet away from another controller.  Your receiver is getting swamped by the powerful signal the other controller is putting out..  There's not much you can do.  The frequency changing simply can't cope with it.

I sometimes fly my Phantom alongside a friend who also has a Phantom.  The signal always gets wiped out when we're side by side.  I can't fly much more than 100 yards away.    You need to be at least 20 feet from your friend.  Even then you won't have the range you can get without the interference from the other controller.
2019-2-24
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Interesting...... my neighbor and I flew our Sparks without incident... This was the first time we flew two mavic 2s.  ... Do you mean having us stay 20 feet away?  Weird that he had no such message.  We were flying from home and both went a few thousand feet away at night.
2019-2-24
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

That's interesting too.   As I mentioned, I couldn't fly with my friend if we were too close together.  We had to be standing at least 20 feet apart.    I haven't tried to fly my M2 along side of his Phantom yet.  Gotta wait for warmer weather
2019-2-24
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

alright thanks for the info...   usually we go to a park where we are further away but we were right in front of my house on front patio..
2019-2-24
Use props
Apricosen
lvl.1

Sweden

I have interference in reception just as i fly. Sometimes it work fine but the last days it has been more. I have nothing around me since I stay in a  open filed.
1-14 01:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules