Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A drone on a cruise ship
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I'm planning to visit Iceland this summer and it is supposed to be with a cruise ship. At boarding gate on the ship I saw two years ago the notice 'Drones are not allowed'.
As it'll be Iceland it is almost sure that I'm going to take my drone too. I haven't decided yet if it is going to be the Phantom or the Mavic Air.

Now - do somebody here know or has experience even what is this ship notice stand for? I think that it is a preventive measure that somebody won't fly drone on or in the ship. Or maybe that the drones aren't allowed to be brought on the ship at all as your luggage? This would be ridiculous.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day andy10. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry.  I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on there experience in bringing the drone to Iceland. In addition I will be posting I will be posting a link where in you can find some DJI Flying Tips in flying your DJI Drone in Iceland ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/is ) I will also post a link where in you can find the location in Iceland where in you can fly your drone freely or if a location is a NFZ ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ). Thank you for your support.
2019-2-24
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

i would recommend reaching out to the cruise company
2019-2-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Definitely get permission, before the ship leaves port.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

They shouldn't even know if it's in a case, or your luggage.
2019-2-24
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Thanks, I think I'll do that.
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now