DJI mixed up my drone with another model
938 16 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans95f1f333
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59524 ft
United States

I own a black and gray Mavic Air. I sent it in to be repaired/replaced and received a quote for repaired/replacement. The quote was for a Mavic Pro. I asked for the quote to be redone, as I own and sent in a Mavic Air. After numerous back-and-forths with "Kamil" who suggested I make sure I own a Mavic Air, I received a new quote (less than the previous one) and the model showed as "Mavic Air." He sent me an email with a photo of MY drone... it was a Mavic Pro with its gimbal hanging on by a thread. NOT MY DRONE.
Anyway, maybe it was stupid of me to pay before I REALLY got to the bottom of things, but I did... I clicked the email that clearly stated the price and the model as MAVIC AIR.

After payment was processed through ...., the status page on the DJI site says "Mavic Pro."

I'm furious. I was told I'd receive a phone call from a manager shortly... that was about five days ago. Emails to support have gone unanswered.

Way to go, DJI support. I thought I'd seen horrible support before, but this takes the cake.

Anyone else experience such poor service and communication?

2019-2-24
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-24
Use props
fans95f1f333
lvl.1
United States

OK. I still don't know what's up. I'm still a little freaked out that I was redirected to a page indicating the model as Mavic PRO after I made the .... payment, BUT... in going through my emails, it looks like there are a couple different case numbers assigned to my name. One for a Mavic Pro (incorrect), the other for a Mavic Air (correct). I put in my AIR case number and now it's showing "payment received" and that it will take ~2 days for replacement. Hopeful, but still aggravated and not happy with the screw-ups. Attaching screen grabs of both cases.

<sigh>
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"Kamil" who suggested I make sure I own a Mavic Air,

Unbelievable!
I would have been tempted to say: You are right, I sent in an Inspire with Zenmuse xt.

2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-24 09:58
Unfortunately yes quite a few have. All you can hope for is a moderator to step in here and try to help you out. I wish you the best of luck. I'm hoping I never have to send my unit in as it seems to turn into a nightmare for too many people as well as taking many weeks.

Or you get a bad / defective unit back, leading to another round of try - upgrading firmware, test, downgrading firmware, test, reflash firmware, test, factory reset and repeat previous, all while getting to do all calibrations.  
2019-2-24
Use props
fans95f1f333
lvl.1
United States

Crossing my fingers. This is the email that almost made my head explode:

"I apologize for the confusion on the matter. I checked on the serial number of the case you created online and it shows that it is really for a Mavic Pro. Can you please verify the serial number of the unit as even one digit or letter difference might pull up a different unit.

In addition to this, can you confirm whether this is the unit that you sent us as this is the one we received."

2019-2-24
Use props
fans95f1f333
lvl.1
United States

Pardon my venting... I'm almost done. I'm ALSO at a loss as to how this can happen when my DJI Refresh/Warranty information lists Mavic Air, the UPS label I used to send the damn thing in says MAVIC AIR, etc., etc. My Air even has my name, email address, phone number, and FAA info on it in the battery bay.

Ugh.
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans95f1f333 Posted at 2-24 10:07
OK. I still don't know what's up. I'm still a little freaked out that I was redirected to a page indicating the model as Mavic PRO after I made the .... payment, BUT... in going through my emails, it looks like there are a couple different case numbers assigned to my name. One for a Mavic Pro (incorrect), the other for a Mavic Air (correct). I put in my AIR case number and now it's showing "payment received" and that it will take ~2 days for replacement. Hopeful, but still aggravated and not happy with the screw-ups. Attaching screen grabs of both cases.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Wonder if you would also get back a Mavic Pro if you wait a few days and pay repair charge for it?
2019-2-24
Use props
fans95f1f333
lvl.1
United States

If it goes south, I'm going to contact Amazon (where I purchased it) and contact the credit card company (for an Amazon card) and sic them on DJI. It's been less than a year since I purchased it, and credit card companies have been really helpful in resolving issues like this for me in the past.

2019-2-24
Use props
fans95f1f333
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-24 10:16
Wonder if you would also get back a Mavic Pro if you wait a few days and pay repair charge for it?

hahah... nah, I love my Air. Now, if it were a Pro 2 :-)

j/k.

Love my Air, just want my Air back.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans95f1f333 Posted at 2-24 10:16
Pardon my venting... I'm almost done. I'm ALSO at a loss as to how this can happen when my DJI Refresh/Warranty information lists Mavic Air, the UPS label I used to send the damn thing in says MAVIC AIR, etc., etc. My Air even has my name, email address, phone number, and FAA info on it in the battery bay.

Ugh.

I think you might be looking for some help here, not just the smart answers, which won’t help you unless your looking for a laugh.

I suggest you seek out a moderator, dji Mindy or dji Susan , PM them with your case number and they should help, or maybe you might see a moderator jump in here to help .
2019-2-24
Use props
Zingerwocky
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 10:22
I think you might be looking for some help here, not just the smart answers, which won’t help you unless your looking for a laugh.

I suggest you seek out a moderator, dji Mindy or dji Susan , PM them with your case number and they should help, or maybe you might see a moderator jump in here to help .

Nah, I'm just whining because I'm frustrated and peeved . A laugh helps... BUT I will look for a mod as you suggested.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Zingerwocky Posted at 2-24 10:25
Nah, I'm just whining because I'm frustrated and peeved . A laugh helps... BUT I will look for a mod as you suggested.

I hope you get sorted good luck
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-2-24
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

How did this end?  Did you get your Air back and in good condition?
2019-3-1
Use props
Zingerwocky
lvl.1
United States

Forgot to post the updates...

Yes, I got back a brand new (seemingly) Air in a retail package.

Only took about 3 days after paying the estimate on an Air and not a Pro.

BUT it gets better/worse/what?...

After my complaining here I was contacted by “Jet” who called after I paid to let me know that it would be a few days before I received my replacement.

Next day, I get another call from “Jet” who is calling about my replacement part for blah blah blah and I have to interrupt “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

She says she’s calling about a replacement screw for my Crystal Sky. (I don’t own one of these, either) so I go into “nooo, we talked about my Mavic Air a day or two ago...” and something about them mixing up again or being confused...

She apologizes, saying “it must be for another <myfirstname>.”

Ugh. Yeah...DJI support definitely has issues.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Zingerwocky Posted at 3-1 16:21
Forgot to post the updates...

Yes, I got back a brand new (seemingly) Air in a retail package.

Hi Zingerwocky, we apologize again for the hassles, I see the case has been updated and the drone has already been shipped out several days ago. May we verify if there is any further concern?
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules