usb Mavic to Mac question
2722 6 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vjdigs
lvl.1

United States

Does the micro end of the usb cable seat fully in the cavity of the Mavic? I do not want to force it but it seems not to connect. I am thinking that is why I am unble to connect to DJI Assistant 2. All I see when opening Assistant is a page with a usb indicator. Running a Mac.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, the micro USB should be fit on the Mavic Pro's USB port. May we know if you encounter problem updating the firmware using the DJI GO 4 app? You may also watch our video tutorial below for updating the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 for further check. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

2019-2-24
Use props
vjdigs
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-24 10:36
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, the micro USB should be fit on the Mavic Pro's USB port. May we know if you encounter problem updating the firmware using the DJI GO 4 app? You may also watch our video tutorial below for updating the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 for further check. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE-fP28htI

What I am finding is the usb micro end will not fully seat. It seems to go in just so far which may prohibit a good connection. Is this normal? I am trying to the Assistant program to work. As of now it is a no go.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

vjdigs@gmail.co Posted at 2-24 10:47
What I am finding is the usb micro end will not fully seat. It seems to go in just so far which may prohibit a good connection. Is this normal? I am trying to the Assistant program to work. As of now it is a no go.

It should be a tight fit but it’s an unusual mini usb so be careful with it , some have broken it .
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

It may have nothing to do with USB cable.  DJI's Assistant-2 is known for problems with both Windows and OS-X.  

Have seen Assistant-2 (running under OS-X) indicate USB cable is not connected, even when it is connected.

Best way I have found to run Assistant-2 is run Windows version under Apple's Boot Camp which allows you to run a copy of Windows in a Mac.

2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

vjdigs@gmail.co Posted at 2-24 10:47

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The micro USB port is the cable that you need for you to connect the aircraft into your DJI Assistant 2, however, if the cable is properly connected to the drone and the DJI Assistant 2 can't be recognized the drone then you may follow the troubleshooting steps below. In addition, kindly ensure that the application that you've downloaded is the latest application for Mavic Pro.

Here will show you how to reinstall the drivers using Device Manager on PC:

*Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable;
*Select the Start button on PC, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;
*Expand one of the categories to find the name of Unknown device, then right-click it, and select Update Driver;
*Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Browse and go to where the drivers located (Sample: C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers);
*Click Next and then the drivers will be installed.
After installing the drivers, re-plug the USB cable and launch DJI Assistant 2, then the Unknown Device should be gone from the Device Manager and DJI Assistant 2 should recognize the aircraft. Please see the images below for reference.

2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-24 16:08
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The micro USB port is the cable that you need for you to connect the aircraft into your DJI Assistant 2, however, if the cable is properly connected to the drone and the DJI Assistant 2 can't be recognized the drone then you may follow the troubleshooting steps below. In addition, kindly ensure that the application that you've downloaded is the latest application for Mavic Pro.

Here will show you how to reinstall the drivers using Device Manager on PC:

The OP said he is using a Mac.  Instructions are for a PC.
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules