2093 37 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.foxnews.com/us/drone-searching-missing-dog-shot-out-of-sky-by-new-york-man-police-say
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BrianKushner. Thank you for sharing this news video link. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are guns good or bad ?
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Not good all way around.  There is a guy posting with avatar name of thetroll, like he is a Drone Owner, for purpose of stirring up trouble - and it is working.
2019-2-24
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 14:20
Are guns good or bad ?

Guns are good. However now it depends on state you live in....
There were case in Kentucky where guy shot down the drone and got away with it. He claimed it was spying for his 16yo daughter sunbathing in backyard.

In NY shooter is royally screwed. They just need a reason to disarm you. Stupid deserved it. If you want to shoot at the drone use air rifle.

His lawyer will look into pilot doing. Was he flying VLOS? Was he flying commercially? Cause we know one thing is to fly for fun and another thing when you help an organization. Was he 107?  

2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 2-24 14:52
There were case in Kentucky where guy shot down the drone and got away with it. He claimed it was spying for his 16yo daughter sunbathing in backyard.

I live in a country with very strict gun laws, almost 95% don’t own guns, and things are good very little gun crime , no drones been shot down , and crime in general very low.
For us Guns would be bad ;+)....
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3BEPb Posted at 2-24 14:52

Guns are neither good or bad.  Guns are inanimate objects.  No different than drones.

One could ask if drones are good or bad.
Drones have been used to find lost people, lower risk to firefighters, deliver emergency medical supplies.
On bad side side drones have been used to deliver IEDs by terrorists, and recently (according to authorities and press) to shutdown entire airport for days, and by some perverts to peek into windows or over privacy fences.

Comes down to who's hands they are in.  Good guy or Bad guy.

2019-2-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Forget the guns or the drones,  why are you reading FOX NEWS?
2019-2-24
Use props
KJINTF
lvl.1
United States

every thing else is fake news at best
2019-2-24
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

They’re all fake news to some extent, but I certainly don’t get my hard hitting journalism from blonds in short skirts.
2019-2-24
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2-24 15:29
They’re all fake news to some extent, but I certainly don’t get my hard hitting journalism from blonds in short skirts.

Just ask yourself “do I believe what they tell me about Venezuela”
2019-2-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2-24 15:08
Forget the guns or the drones,  why are you reading FOX NEWS?

Funny
2019-2-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

3BEPb Posted at 2-24 16:29
Just ask yourself “do I believe what they tell me about Venezuela”

I mean, Venezuelan news media / rebel radio is a pretty good source for news. I dont like any news station in the US, anything I want to learn about syria, russia, venezuela and others I can do from their media and from decentralized media.
2019-2-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guns are good in the right hands - not in a neighbours closet who has not been properly vetted by the authorities. The thought of being able to buy bullets with your weekly shop at a local grocery store is totally alien to me and completely insane.
2019-2-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-25 02:08
Guns are good in the right hands - not in a neighbours closet who has not been properly vetted by the authorities. The thought of being able to buy bullets with your weekly shop at a local grocery store is totally alien to me and completely insane.

Same shop may sell a box of matches along with lightning fluid which is good enough to burn an entire building. It cost much cheaper than box of 50 rds 9mm ammo.

One can argue is it really necessary to carry handgun on a streets. But prohibiting owning a gun inside your house is also very wrong.
2019-2-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3BEPb Posted at 2-25 07:17
Same shop may sell a box of matches along with lightning fluid which is good enough to burn an entire building. It cost much cheaper than box of 50 rds 9mm ammo.

One can argue is it really necessary to carry handgun on a streets. But prohibiting owning a gun inside your house is also very wrong.

I think it is safer that we simply agree to disagree.
2019-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3BEPb Posted at 2-25 07:17

One can argue is it really necessary to carry handgun on a streets. But prohibiting owning a gun inside your house is also very wrong.

Think that might apply in US, but not in all countries , we don’t have guns in households except licensed for farmers etc (not for use in homes) and we had no killings by home owners or burglars, so I don’t know how you would measure this against US, but I’m very happy that no one died trying to steal a television and nobody was shot dead by a burglar trying to steal a TV, we had no deaths by accident with guns last year, I like this, I think In the US you have adopted a system that a slight majority agree with and you live in a kind of democracy, so maybe buying bullet’s at the the local store works for you, we also have very little arson problems, so I presume arson is not a replacement for having no guns or bullets, but each to his own, you prefer your way I prefer mine .
Good Luck.
2019-2-25
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-2-26
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Hey DJI, we need kevlar panels for our drones to armour them. Or drones with machine-gun turrets so they can defend themselves.
Or stealth drones - inaudible and invisible.

Seems like there will be a market for such improvements.
2019-2-26
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-25 12:26
Think that might apply in US, but not in all countries , we don’t have guns in households except licensed for farmers etc (not for use in homes) and we had no killings by home owners or burglars, so I don’t know how you would measure this against US, but I’m very happy that no one died trying to steal a television and nobody was shot dead by a burglar trying to steal a TV, we had no deaths by accident with guns last year, I like this, I think In the US you have adopted a system that a slight majority agree with and you live in a kind of democracy, so maybe buying bullet’s at the the local store works for you, we also have very little arson problems, so I presume arson is not a replacement for having no guns or bullets, but each to his own, you prefer your way I prefer mine .
Good Luck.

I can't imagine why you felt compelled to turn this into a discussion on gun control, but the moderators are apparently good with it, so whatever.

It's easy to be smug about gun deaths when you live in a country like Ireland that's geographically isolated and is very socially and culturally homogeneous. I used to see a lot more comments like those posted online by Europeans in years past, but not so much these days. I suspect that has something to do with Europe's recent immigration policies, but in any case, France's strict gun control laws didn't prevent those who want to murder others from getting guns, has it?

The United States hasn't always had lots of gun deaths either; that's a relatively recent thing, and most of those that do occur are gang-related and limited to certain neighborhoods. We've also still never had much of a bomb problem.

You're happy with your strict gun control laws? Good for you! Many of us are happy with knowing that we have the means to defend ourselves if necessary, and there's no need for you to make critical or snide remarks about what you perceive is the superiority of your country's approach to freedom. Like you said, to each his own.
2019-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gimpy Posted at 2-26 04:56
I can't imagine why you felt compelled to turn this into a discussion on gun control, but the moderators are apparently good with it, so whatever.

It's easy to be smug about gun deaths when you live in a country like Ireland that's geographically isolated and is very socially and culturally homogeneous. I used to see a lot more comments like those posted online by Europeans in years past, but not so much these days. I suspect that has something to do with Europe's recent immigration policies, but in any case, France's strict gun control laws didn't prevent those who want to murder others from getting guns, has it?

Maybe you should take the time out to read what I wrote, and the rest of the thread I didn’t turn anything into discussion on gun control, it seems what I had to say you don’t agree with, well that’s fine by me but respect others views, like I’m sure you respect the large number of US citizens who want more gun control.

The thread was about shooting down a drone, I just asked in view of being able to just shoot something that doesn’t belong to you out of the air, are guns good or bad. So my comment was on topic and .

I note out of all the comments on guns it was mine that you decided to highlight as bringing the subject up, or is just your need to express a different opinion, rather than wondering why someone brought up the whole gun thing. It isn’t the first time I’ve seen this subject brought up on this forum and I’m sure it won’t be the last.
2019-2-26
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-26 05:20
Maybe you should take the time out to read what I wrote, and the rest of the thread I didn’t turn anything into discussion on gun control, it seems what I had to say you don’t agree with, well that’s fine by me but respect others views, like I’m sure you respect the large number of US citizens who want more gun control.

The thread was about shooting down a drone, I just asked in view of being able to just shoot something that doesn’t belong to you out of the air, are guns good or bad. So my comment was on topic and .

That's fine: pretend that you aren't the one who turned this into a discussion on gun control if you'd like. I'll leave it as an exercise to the readers to determine which of us is right.

Yes, I guess I did "single you out" (why is that a problem exactly?) and could have replied to others, but you seem to be the most vocal / opinionated in this thread, and again, you're the one who steered this discussion towards guns.

No, of course this isn't the first time the subject of gun control has popped up on here and won't be the last. That's probably the one thing you and I can agree on. But why SHOULD gun control to be debated on this forum when there are literally hundreds or thousands of other places on the internet where that's actually encouraged and more appropriate?

Again, if you're happy with Ireland's approach to gun control laws, that's great. But just because another country's approach is DIFFERENT from yours doesn't make yours BETTER, much less "insane" as ACW called us. If you feel the need the need to take a jab at someone else's values, then maybe you should stop and ask yourself why it is you feel that way before you do and whether you'd want them criticizing your country or values with no provocation.

You should also keep in mind that each country's circumstances are different: what works in lily-white Ireland may not work as well somewhere else. A lot of Europeans are finding this out the hard way, and while I'm not gloating about it, I am glad that some of the condescension is disappearing now that Europe faces the same sort of culture clashes we've been dealing with for decades.
2019-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gimpy Posted at 2-26 05:40
That's fine: pretend that you aren't the one who turned this into a discussion on gun control if you'd like. I'll leave it as an exercise to the readers to determine which of us is right.

Yes, I guess I did "single you out" (why is that a problem exactly?) and could have replied to others, but you seem to be the most vocal / opinionated in this thread, and again, you're the one who steered this discussion towards guns.

I think it will be fairly clear to everyone that it is actually you that has brought up the fact of gun control, I never mentioned anything about Gun control, that’s down to you.
I given my opinion so good day to you .
2019-2-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

and people get mad when we call it FauxNews still?  cant even finish reading i had to close the page partially due to auto playing video screwing up bandwidth and also because fk them.....i cant stand fox news, cant stand any of the news networks tbh, but i rather be shot and slowly bleed out to death in pain over watching fox news....   and the comments are so uninformed and trash, for bunch of right wing people who claim they like gun rights they sure know f*ck all about gun laws and privacy laws..  just bunch of boot lickers

as for question are guns bad or good.. the answer is neither, and if that is your concern you got a lot of bigger questions you need to answer in your life before you should ask if a tool which can be used in diverse ways is good or bad   besides, its a tool, has no emotions, no ability to decide anything, only user does and its the job of the gun owner and user to make the right decision...    if your concern is war and killing...cars and drones are also extremely common tools used in war on both sides....
2019-2-26
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-26 05:51
and people get mad when we call it FauxNews still?  cant even finish reading i had to close the page partially due to auto playing video screwing up bandwidth and also because fk them.....i cant stand fox news, cant stand any of the news networks tbh, but i rather be shot and slowly bleed out to death in pain over watching fox news....   and the comments are so uninformed and trash, for bunch of right wing people who claim they like gun rights they sure know f*ck all about gun laws and privacy laws..  just bunch of boot lickers

as for question are guns bad or good.. the answer is neither, and if that is your concern you got a lot of bigger questions you need to answer in your life before you should ask if a tool which can be used in diverse ways is good or bad   besides, its a tool, has no emotions, no ability to decide anything, only user does and its the job of the gun owner and user to make the right decision...    if your concern is war and killing...cars and drones are also extremely common tools used in war on both sides....

Fox is at least far better than CNN, which regularly has to retract false stories. There's a reason far more people watch Fox than CNN these days.
2019-2-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gimpy Posted at 2-26 06:01
Fox is at least far better than CNN, which regularly has to retract false stories. There's a reason far more people watch Fox than CNN these days.

same sorta argument fauxnews uses.    they both actually trash... i hate both equally but for different reasonings.  
2019-2-26
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-26 06:07
same sorta argument fauxnews uses.    they both actually trash... i hate both equally but for different reasonings.

And your idea of a GOOD news source is what, exactly?
2019-2-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gimpy Posted at 2-26 06:09
And your idea of a GOOD news source is what, exactly?

independant researching of stories.. popup in my google feeds i look over them and anything stand out to me as something i wanna read or gander at,  i gather as many sources as i can and i compare.   ya time consuming but i usually got an hour in morning before i start my day...so its okay

and if using the TV, its for entertainment, even if news is on cuz a friend is over and one of those people that watched news on TV, i use it for entertainment..
2019-2-26
Use props
marcel909
lvl.2

Netherlands

Funny
2019-5-13
Use props
JAMedia
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sanuk Posted at 2-26 04:42
Hey DJI, we need kevlar panels for our drones to armour them. Or drones with machine-gun turrets so they can defend themselves.

good idea...  MAVIC-Stealth and  MAVIC-Warrior  :-)

Or try one of these
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact ... 6/rq-4-global-hawk/
or perhaps
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact ... 104470/mq-9-reaper/

Now getting the wife to agree we *NEED* one is another matter.
2019-5-15
Use props
JAMedia
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sanuk Posted at 2-26 04:42

good idea...  MAVIC-Stealth and  MAVIC-Warrior  :-)

Or try one of these
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact ... 6/rq-4-global-hawk/
or perhaps
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact ... 104470/mq-9-reaper/

Now getting the wife to agree we *NEED* one is another matter.
2019-5-15
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-24 15:00
Guns are neither good or bad.  Guns are inanimate objects.  No different than drones.

One could ask if drones are good or bad.

great answer.. always two sides of the coin
2019-5-15
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229367 ft
United States

Are guns good or bad ?
They are a tool....much like a spoon, or a keyboard.
In the wrong hands....... anything can happen
2019-5-17
Use props
Robnoxious
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229367 ft
United States

STRIDE8 Posted at 5-15 13:22
great answer.. always two sides of the coin

Indeed....a great answer
2019-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Robnoxious Posted at 5-17 15:13
They are a tool....much like a spoon, or a keyboard.
In the wrong hands....... anything can happen

How many killed by spoon or keyboard lol ...
2019-5-17
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are guns good or bad ?

Guns are GOOD! is the idiots who use them for other purpose
2019-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Z-Zoom Posted at 5-17 15:55
Guns are GOOD! is the idiots who use them for other purpose

I’m still not sure what is it there good for ?
2019-5-17
Use props
bobbyjohnson
New

United States

I think it happens if people don't know how to use guns. There are many good blogs on how to use guns, but I was advised to read about gun control at https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/gun-control/. There you can find out information on how to handle guns and what laws exist. Guns are a big responsibility, so you need to know all the details of the laws and proper gun handling.
2020-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules