3668 9 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

Dear DJI Team.

I am still extremely disappointed that you don’t offer an international warranty for your 2000 $ “professional” drones which are aimed for people who travel and discover the world.

This is a huge pain ..

I personally used to live a while in the USA for work .. I bought my drone and left a while, for job reasons, to Switzerland.

For that reason I purchased the drone from YOUR webpage as I expected you to follow models such as GoPro.

During that time I had problems with my drones and it was a huge mess to get things done and repair. I received a drone with a factory error (not my fault) and I was offered 2 insane options:

1)     Send the aircraft back to the USA (and I pay the shipping cost)

2)     Send the aircraft back to Netherlands and I pay shipping and repair costs.

At the beginning of the story (November) I an alternative address of a friend still living in the USA for the part to be shipped to.

It took 3 months to find a solution because the part was not available. Finally it was decided that the part would be shipped form Netherlands to my place in Switzerland.

I  never heard anything form the Netherlands.

End of February, the part was shipped to my friend’s place in the USA without any notice .. luckily it was one week before he as well would leave the USA definitely.

This brings me to the question ….How can’t you offer an international customer service if you sell units all over the world, that your “online support” is anyway located in shanghai and that you are supposed to be an international distributer of drones with highest quality and service?

If your business model is international, why isn’t your service?

How can you claim that a product is made for travel and adventure if the only place it is securely under warranty is in my backyard where I purchased it?

Even GoPro has an international warranty for products that you purchase form their webpage…

I am sure I am not the only one on that forum who experienced warranty problems … and form looking on the internet I am definitely not the only one….

Please do something about that ..

2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mike, that must have been frustrating for you, we sincerely apologize for the troubles that have been caused because of our non-international warranty policy. Even we sell our products around the world, the version and the policy of each country are different. We have built several official repair centers globally, but the international warranty is still impossible at the moment because of various reasons. We are sorry again for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.
2019-2-24
Use props
Yaro Timmerman
New
Switzerland

Hi Mike/ DJI Team,

I don't mean to hijack your post, but the forum won't let me make my own.

I have a very severe warranty issue. I have have owned various DJI drones including a phantom and a mavic pro. I recently switched to a Mavic Air (26-01-2019). This drone had issues with the connection with the controller. It would sometimes disconnect at 2 meters away on the grond. Unfourtunately this happend when I just took off. The drone went completely haywire en flew in al kinds of directions. Eventually causing it to crash and even fall into the water. As i said i have been flying for 2 years now and know how to operate a drone. The repair center now came to the conclusion that this is not a warranty case and that the costs of the repair are 670 euros (!!). When i call the support i get to speak to a gentleman who can't speak propper english. Can someone please help me!

Serial number: OK1CF933AH5JVF
2019-2-26
Use props
DutchAmrerican Fiester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Turkey

Yeah, don't take your drone out of the country or buy one outside your home country...! Other wise DJI ... support is a joke...! As you said so much for a so called international company, unfortunately seems this only case for big chines international company, not have to follow the same rules as the rest..! Shame they also don't say this upfront..!
2020-11-22
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Singapore

has been a while since, i was wondering how it stands and if there was any news around that topic ? Do you now cover internationally ?
Typically ,   i have been living in Switzerland, bought my drone,  but my job now sent me to Singapore .. how would it work if i have drone issues over there?

Michael
2023-1-3
Use props
Brick9256
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39711 ft
Australia

I’m want to buy mini pro here in Australia and take it back to canada. DJI advice please on warranty
2023-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Brick9256 Posted at 1-9 15:00
I’m want to buy mini pro here in Australia and take it back to canada. DJI advice please on warranty

The warranty is only valid for the country in which you bought the drone, as explained many times in this thread.
2023-1-9
Use props
Brick9256
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39711 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-9 15:09
The warranty is only valid for the country in which you bought the drone, as explained many times in this thread.

Thank you very for your quick reply!
Come to Canada  and enjoy the mountains and snow!   bpr
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike Swiss Posted at 1-3 23:21
has been a while since, i was wondering how it stands and if there was any news around that topic ? Do you now cover internationally ?
Typically ,   i have been living in Switzerland, bought my drone,  but my job now sent me to Singapore .. how would it work if i have drone issues over there?

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. Sorry that DJI does not support global warranty for drones.
Therefore, if the drone is purchased from Switzerland, warranty service can be provided in Europe. In Singapore, the drone can be operated, however, when it comes to service, a paid service is required.
For more details about the warranty service, please visit: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
Hope this is informative for you.
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Brick9256 Posted at 1-9 15:00
I’m want to buy mini pro here in Australia and take it back to canada. DJI advice please on warranty

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. Sorry that DJI does not support global warranty for drones.
Therefore, if the drone is purchased from Australia, warranty service can only be provided in Australia.
For more details about the warranty service, please visit: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
Hope for your kind understanding.
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules