new rules and laws in the UK
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quado
lvl.1

United Kingdom

With all the new laws coming about in November this year in the uk
regarding licence and registrations etc
also were  we can't fly and were we can fly i ask is it worth keeping my 2 dji phantom 2 drones and my dji phantom 3 advanced  drone
i see a lot of them on ebay for sale at much lower prices than i paid for mine
are people panic selling or is it worth me  waiting and see what happens
it seems to me the laws are pushing us further away from enjoying flying them
i have been a model flyer for over 40 years and flown all kinds of models right up to the turbine powered jets
so i do use common sense when i fly the drones, just that the idiots have now i feel ruined it for the majority of flyers
hence a lot of drones for sale on ebay
I may be wrong please chime in with any of your view on this subject

thanks

2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day quado. Thank you for sharing this information and your insights on the situation on hand. You are correct we need to abide by the rules, regulations and policies when in terms of flying the drone to have a peaceful and safe flight. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Those drones for sale on eBay are a good thing, they serve as parts for us serious flyers to use in repairing our aircraft. Plus, and this is the important bit, they were probably impulse buys by the 'idiots' you mentioned earlier, and this will take them out of their hands.

As for the new laws and regulations, they had to happen anyway, so just wait and see, learn and adapt. BTW, all the reports of drones in the sky were greatly exagerated anyway, most reports come from 'professional' pilots who have a known capacity for wanting the skies to themselves.
2019-2-24
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

With news regulations coming into effect in March and the need for testing and registration from November there will be a movement of folk away from flying them, leaving those more serious and committed behind. I do hope that the commetns by Geebax will come true that it will help to get rid of the idiots.
2019-2-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2-25 07:24
With news regulations coming into effect in March and the need for testing and registration from November there will be a movement of folk away from flying them, leaving those more serious and committed behind. I do hope that the commetns by Geebax will come true that it will help to get rid of the idiots.

Oh i dont know about that, i will still fly
2019-2-25
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I am sure Bashy, you are not one of those hooligans!!
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum quado!