Help! An unknown error occurred (-12842)
5524 5 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RyanP22
lvl.1
United States

Just wrapped up a full day shoot with my original OSMO on Friday (2/22). All footage shows a -12842 error (never had problems in the past). Is the footage salvageable? I see the image in the preview window and all the files have data associated with them. Tried Quicktime, Premiere...and nothing opens.

Many thanks in advance,

Ryan

2019-2-24
Use props
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

Maybe test it on other computer or devices that can playback your videos.
2019-2-25
Use props
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

Maybe test it on other computer or devices that can playback your videos. You can also check this solution: https://www.solvusoft.com/en/err ... cktime-error-12842/
2019-2-25
Use props
RyanP22
lvl.1
United States

Huawei De Guzman Posted at 2-25 15:49
Maybe test it on other computer or devices that can playback your videos.

Same error on other computers and Premiere won't even recognize the files (not visible in the media browser for Premiere). I was able to open the files in VLC player since it separates audio and video encoding for files. I worked around by saving the file down in M4V format removing the audio encoded portion of the file.
2019-2-26
Use props
RyanP22
lvl.1
United States

Huawei De Guzman Posted at 2-25 15:49
Maybe test it on other computer or devices that can playback your videos. You can also check this solution: https://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/runtime-errors/apple-inc/quicktime/12842-quicktime-error-12842/

Same error on other computers and Premiere won't even recognize the files (not visible in the media browser for Premiere). I was able to open the files in VLC player since it separates audio and video encoding for files. I worked around by saving the file down in M4V format removing the audio encoded portion of the file. Quicktime is all up to date and is functioning fine with other files. I think the audio chip on the OSMO must have dislodged and the audio and video files are not encoding properly out to the camera (I think audio and video encoding is not syncing up when importing the footage out of the camera). I notice the camera has no audio signal even with the audio settings on in the DJI Go Create App.
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_vsmnXuau0DZZ
New

Spain

Buenas, le distes solución? me ha ocurrido lo mismo y no se que puede ser
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules