Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Attention to all Spark pilots...
1577 16 2019-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverbak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1674836 ft
Canada

For all those pilots who choose to fly your spark back manually after cancelling the "Low power RTH" message appears this pertains mainly to you. Be aware that If the pilot cancels the RTH announcement indicating low power, at this point all of the sparks RTH features are then disabled for the remainder of the flight regardless of pilot pressing the RTH button on the remote (I speak from current experience of losing my spark and having it land in a river having no ability to RTH even while pressing the RTH button and receiving the "Failed to RTH" message. I don't believe many or any people know that is how the feature can be manipulated against them)
Screenshot_20190214-064741.jpg
2019-2-24
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

You say that you canceled RTH - why didn't you then just fly it home?  Maybe I misunderstand...
2019-2-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Sorry for your loss!
In case YOU cancel the RTH, afterwards you HAVE to fly it active backwards.
Because your cancelation happens at the app calculated RTH possibility of the bird.
It has to rise if under RTH height, it can just fly 36kph, the last 100m done to 10 kph, it has to sink savely, trying to figure out a precise landing.

I can assure you, in case you cancel the RTH in, lets say 1km distance, but fly it in Sport closer to home, it will "offer" another RTH when again the batt. reaches the minimum for getting home  with 36 kph.

Also you can keep it in the air at "critical battery landing" (10ish% or if at greater height at more batt%), and move it closer towards you/over save ground, by just using the sticks accordingly.

2019-2-24
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Page 13 of 56... Spark manual  V1.6
"Low battery RTH will only appear one time during flight."
The manual descibes RTH very well ---> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark%20User%20Manual%20V1.6-.pdf
2019-2-24
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I recommend to fly at Home manualy, because always there is a posibility of processor malfunction in any intellegentbmodes. As I noticed (but can't prove it) most of Flyaways happened when Sport mode ore RTH turned on. Sport mode also requires quick decisions from processor, so  the posibility of error raise exponentially.
2019-2-24
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Hello which version did you used and can you upload your flightlog so we can see whats happen.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-2-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

I think you were in a very tricky and tight decision spot.  You must try not to attend the messages and hit the RTH button on the RC ASAP
2019-2-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-2-25
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

I am pretty convinced I am far more intelligent than whatever AI they put in the Spark.
RTH is for those who don't feel the same.
2019-2-25
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

I would venture to say by looking at the map and RC location versus the drone's location that the poster lost sight of the drone and had no clue how to fly back manually.  Once he cancelled the RTH he was out of luck.
2019-2-25
Use props
Karce
lvl.2
Canada

RTH is for n00bs.  If you've got VLOS (as your supposed to), you can easily fly it back to where you took off from.
2019-2-25
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

interesting- thanks for this!
2019-2-25
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2-25 08:30
I would venture to say by looking at the map and RC location versus the drone's location that the poster lost sight of the drone and had no clue how to fly back manually.  Once he cancelled the RTH he was out of luck.

This makes the most sense.  Lost and the ground looks different from the air.  I fly with half batteries most of the time and have plenty of reserve to get the video and return.  I always manually fly home.

I know when I first started RC models my airfield had an interesting story of a FPV pilot flying his model airplane with goggles.  FPV flying was just becoming a thing.  He eventually realized he was lost in the air, far out of sight, and couldn't find the airfield.   Lost that model airplane.  

2019-2-25
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Sorry to read that buddy
2019-2-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Gunship9 Posted at 2-25 15:53
This makes the most sense.  Lost and the ground looks different from the air.  I fly with half batteries most of the time and have plenty of reserve to get the video and return.  I always manually fly home.

I know when I first started RC models my airfield had an interesting story of a FPV pilot flying his model airplane with goggles.  FPV flying was just becoming a thing.  He eventually realized he was lost in the air, far out of sight, and couldn't find the airfield.   Lost that model airplane.

So he never looked back, FPV, when he started, to remember how his starting area is looking?
Unfortuned, but up2him!
2019-2-28
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

When you lose VLOS, just looking at the live view and attempting to find where home is can be disorienting. Also like you said, the ground looks different from the air. So to overcome this, you can do 2 things.

1. Take off from near a landmark which you can easily see from far away on your live view. Eg: a tree, a building or any distinct structure.
2. Take off and fly backward till about 100m looking at the live view to get a hang of how the ground or home point looks from the air.
2019-2-28
Use props
Silverbak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1674836 ft
Canada

MccloudSpark Posted at 2-24 21:16
You say that you canceled RTH - why didn't you then just fly it home?  Maybe I misunderstand...

Upon canceling the RTH I lost connection. The remote began beeping and I had aircraft disconnected on my phone. I tried moving closer to get a better connection but I was never able to get connected again. I hit the RTH button on the remote but I continually received the "Failed to return home" message. Upon calling DJI and having a flight analysis done, they told me that once you cancel the RTH for low power the spark shuts down the RTH feature for the remainder of the flight. So in my case I canceled it like usual to fly home on my own and more so to avoid the never ending beeping from the remote. Instead that never ending beeping was the last thing I heard all the way up to arriving at the last known location of my Spark which just so happened to be in the middle of a river
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules