Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do I get commission?
753 9 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

A friend of mine was given a cheap drone for Christmas, £40 job, and although he did manage to fly it, it doesn't produce great results. I demonstrated my Mavic Pro to him and he was blown away with how capable it is.

He sent me a message yesterday asking if he could come round so I could show him how to use his Mavic Pro that he's bought... he was trying to connect to the Wi-Fi on it for some reason, but I'll get him going OK.

Quick question - are the remotes paired to the drones so we can fly at the same time, or is that likely to cause problems?

2019-2-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic Pro can be set up with two controllers in primary/secondary mode. In a wide open area in Beginner mode with single controller might also work well. Your choice really, but video below shows setup for dual controls:-

2019-2-25
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

The answer to your question is yes. Right out of the box you can both fly your separate aircrafts without the signals interfering. Aardvark's post shows how you could instead link them to the same aircraft. This comes in handy if one guy wants to be the pilot, while the other guy is the photographer of the same aircraft.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may use two remote controllers with one drone and those remote should be assigned as primary and secondary. You may refer to our video tutorial that was provided by post #2 to see how it works. I would recommend ensuring the firmware is up to date to avoid connection problem. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-25
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

TrevorSK Posted at 2-25 08:17
The answer to your question is yes. Right out of the box you can both fly your separate aircrafts without the signals interfering. Aardvark's post shows how you could instead link them to the same aircraft. This comes in handy if one guy wants to be the pilot, while the other guy is the photographer of the same aircraft.

He came over tonight but we had issues getting it all connected. Eventually got it flying but it was getting quite dark so ran out of time before I got mine out. Good to know they can fly independently and now I have a friend with the same drone we can try the dual controller thing too.

Felt quite smug at how much more he paid for his and it wasn’t the fly more package either!
2019-2-25
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

spandit Posted at 2-25 10:44
He came over tonight but we had issues getting it all connected. Eventually got it flying but it was getting quite dark so ran out of time before I got mine out. Good to know they can fly independently and now I have a friend with the same drone we can try the dual controller thing too.

Felt quite smug at how much more he paid for his and it wasn’t the fly more package either!

Well done you mate ......
2019-2-25
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Spandit, nice to have a flying buddy, you two should have loads of fun.
2019-2-25
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I just hope he doesn't write it off before we get a chance to meet up again!
2019-2-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Quick question - are the remotes paired to the drones so we can fly at the same time, or is that likely to cause problems?"

I'd misread your question, sorry for any confusion this may have caused :-)

As TrevorSK says in post three there shouldn't be any problems when using the digital systems when flying both aircraft simultaneously at the same time (pun intended)

2019-2-26
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I can foresee some operator error problems!
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules