DJI MAVIC PRO faulty charger easily broken!
2011 8 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hackle53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11749 ft
United States

I am trying to get an estimate from owners of a Mavic Pro that have a broken controller because the charging cable is flawed! If we can show DJI that their system is flawed maybe they will repair all pro chargers at no cost. Please , if you have had a broken controller due to a flawed design please this list!
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. May we know if your remote controller is broken? if yes, you could send the remote controller to us for our team to evaluate the unit and possibly use the warrant. The repair fee would depend on the unit if it's still under the warranty coverage and also the result of the evaluation. If you wish to contact our support, you may refer to the link below. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-25
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Not got the problem myself but have seen many people reporting this ?The problem is that the port is not micro usb shape!! so the plug on the cable can be put in the wrong way up!
This can damadge the port. I have used someone else's idea and purchased a magnetic ended cable, so that
the port has a cable end in it all the time and I just attach the cable to that beacause it is magnetic...

NO pulling in and out of the port.
2019-3-2
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

whiteghost Posted at 3-2 11:36
Not got the problem myself but have seen many people reporting this ?The problem is that the port is not micro usb shape!! so the plug on the cable can be put in the wrong way up!
This can damadge the port. I have used someone else's idea and purchased a magnetic ended cable, so that
the port has a cable end in it all the time and I just attach the cable to that beacause it is magnetic...

I did this also... over time all of these types of micro usb ports fail; not just DJI products.
Take your claim up with the micro usb standard and while you are at it please ban the production of normal USB 1/2/3  ports as they are also flawed and it usually takes 3 tries to connect; sometimes resulting in a broken port all together. I agree, the best solution is the magnetic port on the micro usb / dji controller.
2019-3-5
Use props
gobama84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7608 ft
United States

whiteghost Posted at 3-2 11:36
Not got the problem myself but have seen many people reporting this ?The problem is that the port is not micro usb shape!! so the plug on the cable can be put in the wrong way up!

Amazon?  part number?
2019-3-5
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

I have etched on my charger cable  TOP so i know which way it goes in....
2019-3-5
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

Gazmg Posted at 3-5 11:31
I have etched on my charger cable  TOP so i know which way it goes in....

I've put a dab of white paint on the top of mine

(also helps my old, tired eyes )
2019-3-5
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 3-5 13:22
I've put a dab of white paint on the top of mine

(also helps my old, tired eyes  )

I used yellow paint... I got the same eye problem. LOL
2019-3-6
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Sory for late reply been away !!

Got my cables from Ebay .  Just look for magnetic micro usb cable?

Working great does not affect the remote leaving the end in and cable just staps on to charge!

I would say that when you take the cable off I pull mine down slightly from the connector as the magnet is quite strong and can pull the
end from the remote if you just pull straight out ?
2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules