Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Mousa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28517 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

i bought a bag from Lowepro, Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250''

i must say was very suerprised of how cheap it looked and felt, the shoulder straps are wafer thin, like the ones you get with free gym backbag when you sign up, the body/ depth of the bag os very thin, so its not for travel as you can only pack your drone, and accessories, if you are flying away for a day or two you need another carry on bag.

i have never used lowepro before but i assumed they are a big name so whats there to worry a bout,, but i must say i rate this Bag at 0, and would not use it for free, certilnly not for £130.

Matt
2019-2-25
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Sorry Matt but I totally disagree with you.

I have many photography bags as a Pto photographer and I am very impressed with my DroneGuard bag. From your description I have the feeling that you haven't done your research before purchasing. The DroneGuard is just a daily bag as you've described. Beside the drone, batteries and accessories it has enough space to pack some snacks and your laptop or tablet plus ND filters and a small camera on top.

It is very portable, quite light and I personaly love the construction, not cheap at all. For your info and as points of reference, I also use a Lowepro Flipside Sport 20L for carrying the Mavic 2 Pro + a DSLR with 1 addiitonal lens + lots of accessories, a ThinkTank BackLight 26L for holidays and a lot of gear and a Peak Design Everyday Messenger Bag for more 'elegant' work.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Matt. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and thank you for your support.
2019-2-25
Use props
Matthew Mousa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 2-25 07:55
Sorry Matt but I totally disagree with you.

I have many photography bags as a Pto photographer and I am very impressed with my DroneGuard bag. From your description I have the feeling that you haven't done your research before purchasing. The DroneGuard is just a daily bag as you've described. Beside the drone, batteries and accessories it has enough space to pack some snacks and your laptop or tablet plus ND filters and a small camera on top.

you are right i didn't research this bag,

i wanted backbag that i can pack my drone in along with some other things not a thin case with straps that looks like back bag but really its just a case.

anyway thank you for your point of view and i agree with you think tank is the better option here.

best regards
2019-2-25
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Did you buy from an official seller? There are a lot of Lowepro fakes out there.
2019-2-25
Use props
Matthew Mousa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sanuk Posted at 2-25 08:35
Did you buy from an official seller? There are a lot of Lowepro fakes out there.

i paid £130 on amazon, i will check it again before i return it just incase

thank you
2019-2-25
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Matthew Mousa Posted at 2-25 08:23
you are right i didn't research this bag,

i wanted backbag that i can pack my drone in along with some other things not a thin case with straps that looks like back bag but really its just a case.

You are welcome and I am sure you will find a backpack that will suit your needs, there are plenty of good options out there. If you aren't worried about the cost, check ThinTank (previously MindShift), they are on the pricey side but quality is excellent and space more than enough...

Have  agood day.
2019-2-26
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Why not get something like a PolarPro Rugged case and then just put it into a conventional backpack? Best of both worlds.
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum Matthew Mousa!
2019-2-26
Use props
Matthew Mousa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

maddox Posted at 2-26 03:53
BTW welcome to the forum Matthew Mousa!

hi and thank you, very happy to fly and share with you.

2019-2-26
Use props
Matthew Mousa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 2-26 01:05
Why not get something like a PolarPro Rugged case and then just put it into a conventional backpack? Best of both worlds.

hi,

Thank you that's exactly what i did i think its the best option if you want to pack your drone and some cloths in one carry on bag..

best regards
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Matthew Mousa Posted at 2-26 06:37
hi and thank you, very happy to fly and share with you.

You're welcome buddy!
2019-2-27
Use props
patriotdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1572740 ft
United States

I too have the Droneguard bag but I really like it for my Mavic 2 Pro. I also have a GPC backpack for my P4P that is very bulky but provides great protection. I guess its just personal preference!
2019-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try Peak Design - expensive but great quality. They're based in San Francisco so try Amazon UK.
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules