How do you post process jitter from gimbal overload?
926 4 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OTDT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 597864 ft
Indonesia

Looking for some help or ideas here.

We were on Nusa Penida (off of Bali) and I was shooting Diamond Beach when I got a gimbal overload error in flight. I couldn't tell if it was a sensor issue or grit in the gimbal (most likely both).To be fair, I've been traveling for three months straight and have flown this little MavicAir EVERYWHERE (7 countries, 90 flights, 117km of distance, 11h 20 min flying time) including some pretty dusty and sandy places. I adapted on the fly and flew the camera in a downward pointing motion and was still able to record some great video BUT the jitter (I presume from drone stability in the wind) is noticeable enough that it needs to be post processed to be used in a video. Does anyone know how I can post process the video to make it use able. Does anyone have any recommendations? Here's one of several clips I'm trying to fix.

https://youtu.be/7U0VzCNvbdM
PS. I ended up landing and fixing the gimbal overload by moving it around. I flew it again with the next battery and it worked fine.
2019-2-25
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Way beyond my skills for editing. I guess a simple solution would be to cut out the jitter part and add a transformation. I hope some of the more experienced folks will chime in with some help.
2019-2-25
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Stunning video, great job! Well done
2019-2-26
Use props
OTDT
lvl.2
Indonesia

maddox Posted at 2-26 04:02
Stunning video, great job! Well done

Thanks. The footage has a lot of potential, but was really fighting the gimball the whole time and still have the jitter.  What has been your experience trying to fix this? Any suggestions on post processing?
2019-2-26
Use props
OTDT
lvl.2
Indonesia

ShermanFlyer Posted at 2-25 10:39
Way beyond my skills for editing. I guess a simple solution would be to cut out the jitter part and add a transformation. I hope some of the more experienced folks will chime in with some help.

Thank you for comment and I will share whatever I learn!
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules