Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2.5mm shutter release
2788 15 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ijd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 925030 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi,

I know that the Ronin S is not compatible with Fujifilm mirrorless cameras (like the XT series). Howerver I noticed that DJI sells a cable for Blackmagic Cinema Camera that has a 2.5mm plug just like the Canon E3 or Fujifilm Remote Release.

Is the RSS Control Cable for BMCC able to trigger the shutter on a Fujifilm XT3 when plugged into a Ronin S?
2019-2-25
Use props
jerttyG
  • >>>
United States

It dose not work... I tried it with an X-T2. I also tried the Ronin-MX/S RSS Control Cable for Panasonic it did not work either.  
2019-2-26
Use props
ijd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

jerttyG Posted at 2-26 07:11
It dose not work... I tried it with an X-T2. I also tried the Ronin-MX/S RSS Control Cable for Panasonic it did not work either.

Thanks @jerttyG. I have to confess I'm really sad! I was really leaning towards the Ronin S. It seems that I'll have to look into Zhiyun offerings.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ijd, thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, I will verify with our engineers to see if it is possible and come back to you soon.
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi ijd, thanks for your patience, our engineers are working on the compatibility between Fujifilm XT3 and Ronin-S, please leave us more time, thanks for your patience.
2019-3-11
Use props
ijd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-11 00:28
Hi ijd, thanks for your patience, our engineers are working on the compatibility between Fujifilm XT3 and Ronin-S, please leave us more time, thanks for your patience.

Thanks DJI Mindy. I still have some time to consider, the main projects will start on the end of April.
2019-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ijd Posted at 3-11 11:45
Thanks DJI Mindy. I still have some time to consider, the main projects will start on the end of April.

The new firmware will be released recently but compatibility between Fujifilm XT3 and Ronin-S will be delayed for some reasons, but we are working on it, please bear with us, thank you.
2019-3-13
Use props
Tom987654321
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-13 04:19
The new firmware will be released recently but compatibility between Fujifilm XT3 and Ronin-S will be delayed for some reasons, but we are working on it, please bear with us, thank you.

@DJI Mindy

I am still in the market for a Gimbal and have high hopes that dji will finally support Fuji.  
But do you have more specific information regarding Fuji support?
- Will X-T2, X-H1 be supported?
- What functions will be supported (all or a subset)?
- About when will the firmware update/functionality for Fuji be available?
- Will this require another cable (and when would that be available)?

Thank you for your time!
Tom

2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tom987654321 Posted at 3-20 08:20
@DJI Mindy

I am still in the market for a Gimbal and have high hopes that dji will finally support Fuji.  

Hi Tom, we appreciate your interest in Ronin-S, we only know our engineers are working on making Ronin-S to be compatible with Fuji, but no more details at the moment, sorry that we are unable to answer your questions above. We will update the details via the release notes and also make the announcement in the Forum, appreciate your understanding and patience.
2019-3-21
Use props
Jon Cheffings
New

United States

Bought a dji ronin S didn't realize it didn't Have the option to buy a shutter cable for the nikon D 7500  Now it just sits there not being used because I can't control the recording or anything from the gimbal  Horrible purchase wish DJI would fix this issue
2019-4-25
Use props
Jon Cheffings
New

United States

They need to make an MC - DC 2 shutter release cable for the DJI Ronin S  Made the purchase for the gimbal and don't use it because it doesn't have this option Now I have to place an order for a nother gimbal amazing thanks DJI for making me waste money
2019-4-25
Use props
ijd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

I wonder why hasn't DJI already produced a cable RSS to 2.5 mm following both the Canon and Fuji plug and signaling. I can use my Canon remote shutter on my X-T3 directly and without issues. So if DJI had released a RSS to 2.5mm early on, it would at least cover the need for timelapse. It could then develop a multi control cable for Fuji if the market required it. Now what is happening is that we have zero control over the shutter of a Fuji camera with DJI gimbals.

I still haven't made up my mind in regards to the gimbal I will buy, but this long wait for releasing a simple RSS to 2.5mm cable is so awkward, that it just adds to my doubts on the ability of DJI to fulfill their commitments. Note that a 2.5mm requires no knowledge of complex signaling the likes of a USB-C on a proprietary camera, the 2.5 mm cable is supported by several camera manufacturers.

I made my first post on February 25, its April 29 and still no solution is provided by DJI for a simple shutter release cable!
2019-4-29
Use props
Beriadan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236903 ft
Ukraine

As of an hour ago I'm a happy user of a Ronin S. Also waiting for a Ronin S - Fuji X-T3 solution!
2019-5-9
Use props
ijd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi Beriadan. Congrats on the Ronin S :-)

I've also ended up buying the Ronin S. Now lets see if DJI will deliver and when. I almost bought a Moza Air 2, and their product has some quite interesting features that I really like:
1) Quick release does not require rebalancing
2) The lock and speed settings for all axis can be setup on the gimbal itself without the need of a mobile device and app.
3) There is a manual switch for roll lock that allows for better storing and transporting, as well for balancing
2019-5-19
Use props
Gadget UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498238 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DJI

This has been such a major disappointment with the Ronin S, as after a year your engineers cant figure out how to make an RSS to 2.5mm shutter release cable.

I have an older Canon 600D that I want to use for time-lapse, motion-lapse and panoramas, but the RSS to IR cable workaround requires a 10sec interval between shots.

This doesn't seem like a difficult or unreasonable request, to make a simple RSS to 2.5mm cable that would make these advanced features work on pretty much all camera makes and models.

Is this product in the pipeline or being worked on by your engineers?  Otherwise I will be selling my Ronin S
2019-8-17
Use props
Gadget UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 498238 ft
  • >>>

@DJI, still no update on this?

2019-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules