Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replace or Repair, that is the question
789 11 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United States

Has anybody replaced their Phantom 4 lately?  Mine took a bad crash finally after 3 years.  The gimbal is messed up, landing gear all bent up, prop motor is damaged....

I'm trying to decide if I should repair it, or if I can buy the Phantom 4 by itself for a few hundred $$$.  I've got 3 batteries, controller, all good.

Thanks for your feedback, I've entered a case and I'm waiting for the shipping label, but I'm just curious what it costs nowadays to replace the whole thing.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day justin_mcvideo. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 and thank you for reaching out. It is nice to know that you reported this issue directly to DJI Support and opened a ticket for the said drone. Once you have sent the said drone in our data analysis team will analyze and assess the damage the drone acquired. Once the team have all the information they need, you just need to wait for the result and on how much the damage will cause, that will be sent to your email. I hope you will get the result soon. Thank you.
2019-2-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe you can find a refurb if repair is too costly.
2019-2-25
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

I looked for a month for just a P4. They sell the parts separate and get more money for the parts than they would for the complete drone.  P4 with no gimbal, about $300+US.  Just the gimbal $350 + US. P4 with gimbal, about $550 +US.  I bought the complete package  P4 on E Bay for $ 400 US after a month of bidding. It was suppose to have a problem, which held back most bidders. It took me 5 seconds to fix it. LOL  Most bids win around $450 US up for the complete package. Most sellers have extra stuff with their sells. The P4 I bought had lots of extras. I bought a P3 for a$100 US and got a $100 hard case plus extra battery. My plan was to sell off the extra parts and recover most of my money.
2019-2-25
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
United States

Thanks, just one question now, should I send my controller with my drone?  The controller is not damaged, only the drone.  I wasn't sure if they need to confirm it pairs or operates correctly with the controller, or if I just send the drone in by itself.
2019-2-26
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
United States

Hey just an update, I am very pleased to report that I sent my Phantom 4 in to DJI Repair, it was received March 2nd by them, and I've got it back 4 days later, in my hands by March 6th, all better!

Thank you for the quick turnaround!  Under 1 week, that is very good!

DJI Repair.PNG
2019-3-6
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

justin_mcvideo Posted at 3-6 10:00
Hey just an update, I am very pleased to report that I sent my Phantom 4 in to DJI Repair, it was received March 2nd by them, and I've got it back 4 days later, in my hands by March 6th, all better!

WOW, the tech department was all over your P4! Great news! Hoping everything was operational when in flight!
2019-3-6
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

justin_mcvideo Posted at 3-6 10:00

WOW, the tech department was all over your P4! Great news! Hoping everything was operational when in flight!
2019-3-6
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.4
United States

Great to hear that the tech dept was all over your P4 and within minimal time! Hoping everything was operational on your first repair flight.
2019-3-6
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Is it a replacement/refurbished P4 or is it your old one repaired?
2019-3-6
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 3-6 16:38
Is it a replacement/refurbished P4 or is it your old one repaired?

I believe it's a full replacement.  New stickers, no cracks, no bug splatter
2019-3-11
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
United States

Goldenseal Posted at 3-6 16:38
Is it a replacement/refurbished P4 or is it your old one repaired?

I believe it's a full replacement.  New stickers, no cracks, no bug splatter
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules