Found a Drone Deloras park, San Francisco.. Phantom 4
486 4 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevin graehl
lvl.1
United States

finally got an email back from FAA..   it ws lost last year..  found in neighbors backyard.   I contacted law enforcment , who didn't have a clue or care what to do. They saif I could drop it off but they don't have a way of contacting the owner...

Here is the email from the FAA

Thank you for contacting the FAA's Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Support Center.

Dear Sir:

Please contact local law enforcement and they should contact the FAA for more information.

JDL

Please follow up with any further inquiries at UASHelp@faa.gov.  Additional information is also available at https://www.faa.gov/uas/.

We appreciate your feedback.  Please select:  UAS Safety and Integration Division AUS-400.  

How do i contact the owner?  DJI said they don't give out private information ,now store?

415 341 2281-- Kevin

2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day kevin graehl. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that we do not have the capabilities to detect the owner of the drone that you found on Deloras Park, in San Francisco. Hopefully, the owner would visit this thread to reclaim his/her lost drone. Thank you for sharing this with our valued DJI Members and Customers. Than you.
2019-2-25
Use props
kevin graehl
lvl.1
United States

weird. this was a saved draft from a while ago..   I meant to post an update..     disregard
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kevin graehl Posted at 2-25 14:16
weird. this was a saved draft from a while ago..   I meant to post an update..     disregard

Alright! If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is you're supposed drop it off at law enforcement, they're supposed to contact FAA, FAA will give them the owner's info, law enforcement will then look into crash details, perhaps take appropriate action and/or return drone, etc.  If your local law enforcement isn't aware of this, that's another problem.  

Good work
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules