Lost signal and fell from the sky ten minutes after firmware update
776 7 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darin777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22398 ft
United States

My Phantom 4 Pro has flown flawlessly since I have owned it.  Yesterday, I finally gave in and downloaded the new firmware package.  I then went directly outside and flew the drone around a bit to make sure it was ok and afterwards I sent it up for some outdoor type video.  Within ten minutes and about 3,300 ft away from me it lost signal and crashed.  Nothing hit it, and I hit nothing.  I was well above any obstacles.  It beeped and stated "signal loss, returning home",  then the screen went dark, no more beeping, and did not come home.   I had to travel through the woods to find it with the "Find my drone" map.  I found it with one landing gear leg almost broken and more importantly the camera bracket bent about 15 degrees.
   Now I have serached for repairs and everyone wants to replace the camera before they even receive the unit.   I really hate this happening because I am not wealthy.  I love drone flying.  It took me 4 months to save enough for the drone.  Now I have no drone and cant afford to repair it.  It lost signal and dropped like a rock.  I have read people stating the firmware wouldnt do this.  Well it is either a wild coincidence, or the firmware did this
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Darin777. I definitely understand how you feel about what happened and I am really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Since this crash happened it appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team for deeper analysis. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/repair. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

2019-2-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Why don't you go here:    https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/.    Follow the instructions, then come back here and post the link.
2019-2-25
Use props
Darin777
lvl.1
United States

I have tried to start a repair ticket. I tried yesterday.  This is what I get when I click those links including the one left here from the admin.

SORRY,THAT PAGE DOESN’T EXIST
OR IS UNAVAILABLE.

I have sent the drone to a facility in Houston.  He promised me that he would get the flight data and send it to me.  Once I get the data,...I will absolutely, post it here.  I am not trolling.  And I am a member with several forums so I understand the "first post" thing.  But this was literally heart breaking for me.  I mean I bought an iPad Pro 10.5 with a payment plan at AT&T, a new controller lanyard, new rotors, and some camera filters just this week.
  And after reading all of the posts all around the internet concerning other people who have had this exact same issue, it warrants some sort of action.  If that firmware download is causing all of those drones to malfunction and fall, something should be done by DJI to help with everyone's situation.  I know that there's no way I can come up with another 7 or 800 dollars to repair it so if thats what I'm told, its over for me , at least for a few months.  And ultimately, I know that it was nothing I physically did in controlling the drone.    I just thank God that it didnt fall into a creek or swamp or lake.  That is my only silver lining.
2019-2-25
Use props
Darin777
lvl.1
United States

Darin777 Posted at 2-25 17:31
I have tried to start a repair ticket. I tried yesterday.  This is what I get when I click those links including the one left here from the admin.

But I will state that if the data shows some other fault or some kind of other issue, I will absolutely post it here as well.
2019-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Darin777 Posted at 2-25 17:35
But I will state that if the data shows some other fault or some kind of other issue, I will absolutely post it here as well.

That's fine, but the link to Phantomhelp contained a full-stop that may have caused it to fail. This is the correct link: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

You are more likely to get an answer as to what caused the crash by following rthis link, uploading your flight record and then posting a link to the result. DJI simply do not report back to you.
2019-2-25
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-2-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that buddy