Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
new phantom 5 coming?
12Next >
9286 50 2019-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

will a phantom 5 be out by the end of 2019?
Single SelectVote, Total 47 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

29.79% (14)
70.21% (33)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Please, please, not again. This comes up about once a month.
2019-2-25
Use props
Estelle Lau
Captain
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Who knows?
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

No one know
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day snowbird pilot. Thank you for sharing this poll with us today. As of the moment we do not have any information regarding this matter. For the latest news about DJI and its latest drones. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you for your interest and support.
2019-2-26
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom 5 with x4 zoom. I’ll buy
2019-2-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Ya, there so much video on yt talking about this
2019-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2-25 17:21
Please, please, not again. This comes up about once a month.

Isn’t once a month, like a period?  Obviously a understatement. ;-)

What ever happened to “wait and see”?

RedHotPoker
2019-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

A guy who’s name is Frank Wang? Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I bet DJI Stephen knows!! Haha

But he isn’t telling.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 2-26 17:24
Ya, there so much video on yt talking about this

Is there anything that can’t be found on YouTube?

RedHotPoker
2019-2-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-26 18:32
Is there anything that can’t be found on YouTube?

Ya, something like video inside the Area 51 military base
LOL
2019-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 2-26 18:51
Ya, something like video inside the Area 51 military base
LOL

Yes, wouldn’t that be fun? Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-2-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I havent voted as im on the fence with this one, i mean, the end of the year is a long time.... We need to ask ourselves, did DJI make the V2.0 just to get rid of excess casings/cameras, now that ive said that, probably unlikely as they are needed for parts lol, oh well, the idea was there lol its not totally implausible though, is it? ready for the next model? yeah, still sounds stupid i know lol, i'll get me coat....
2019-2-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Curious what there are doing inside, inventing a invisible fighter jet? Fly as fast as light? Haha
2019-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 2-27 04:32
Curious what there are doing inside, inventing a invisible fighter jet? Fly as fast as light? Haha

Yes, all of the above. Grin

RedHotPoker
2019-2-27
Use props
Michael Kemper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

The real question is: Will a Phantom 4 be out by the end of 2019?
2019-2-28
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

Michael Kemper Posted at 2-28 20:40
The real question is: Will a Phantom 4 be out by the end of 2019?

haha too funny
2019-3-1
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Probably like car company's ... there will be a Limited or Special Edition ..... to close of the 'line'.
2019-3-1
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Russia

If they don't produce another Phantom - it will be a sad day I reckon. Not everyone is 'sold' on the Mavic / Spark idea of foldability.

I suppose a Marketing Consultant will advise on the best move forward and like most - ignore consumers wants.
2019-3-1
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 3-1 11:26
If they don't produce another Phantom - it will be a sad day I reckon. Not everyone is 'sold' on the Mavic / Spark idea of foldability.

I suppose a Marketing Consultant will advise on the best move forward and like most - ignore consumers wants.

yep- hoping for a new phantom!
2019-3-3
Use props
Pedro Castelani
First Officer

Argentina

Should be about time a new Phantom showed up... 360 obstacle avoidance, quieter props, greater flight time, zoom,... just about everything a Mavic 2 has but improved.
2019-3-3
Use props
snowbird pilot
Second Officer
United States

Pedro Castelani Posted at 3-3 11:34
Should be about time a new Phantom showed up... 360 obstacle avoidance, quieter props, greater flight time, zoom,... just about everything a Mavic 2 has but improved.

yes yes yes!
2019-3-8
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

no software updates, inexpensive, won't crash...hey we're on the wish list right?
With Phantom suppkies drying up and little sign of a new model, I wonder if default will become mavic?  
2019-3-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

May be, may be not.
2019-3-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 3-8 23:51
no software updates, inexpensive, won't crash...hey we're on the wish list right?
With Phantom suppkies drying up and little sign of a new model, I wonder if default will become mavic?

It would have to improve radically before it was comparable to the Phantom.
2019-3-9
Use props
Pedro Castelani
First Officer

Argentina

Software updates are good when the Drone already comes with everything but the update makes a "remix" of the capabilities to make a new one that wasn´t thought of at the beginning
2019-3-9
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Pedro Castelani Posted at 3-9 19:45
Software updates are good when the Drone already comes with everything but the update makes a "remix" of the capabilities to make a new one that wasn´t thought of at the beginning

I have received advice that the Phantom Pro V2.0 has now been discontinued and that there will be no Phantom 5. DJI is apparently focusing on the Mavic. It’ll be interesting to see if this information is correct. Note. I’m not claiming to be privy to DJI decisions. I’m just passing on what I believe may be credible information.
Edit. Probably, I should have used the words “plausible information” rather than “advice” but, as above, time will tell whether it’s correct.

2019-3-15
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JockC Posted at 3-15 23:02
I have received advice that the Phantom Pro V2.0 has now been discontinued and that there will be no Phantom 5. DJI is apparently focusing on the Mavic. It’ll be interesting to see if this information is correct.

Received advice?
Care to share that and some details?
Or is this just another uninformed opinion?
2019-3-15
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-3-16
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-15 23:49
Received advice?
Care to share that and some details?

It’s what I believe to be plausible information for the consideration of other readers. Like many other posts in these threads, it may be wrong and we will see in due course.
Personally, I do believe that DJI might well drop the Phantom series in favour of more Mavic 2 (or other Mavic) developments. There are, of course, some differences between the two but what’s missing from the Mavic 2 could generally be added. I believe it would be beneficial for DJI to reduce costs and speed development by focusing on less hobby class drone series.
2019-3-16
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JockC Posted at 3-16 00:58
It’s what I believe to be plausible information for the consideration of other readers. Like many other posts in these threads, it may be wrong and we will see in due course.
Personally, I do believe that DJI might well drop the Phantom series in favour of more Mavic 2 (or other Mavic) developments. There are, of course, some differences between the two but what’s missing from the Mavic 2 could generally be added. I believe it would be beneficial for DJI to reduce costs and speed development by focusing on less hobby class drone series.

I was just trying to work out if your opinion (?) was any more reliable than all the others that are getting around.
You mentioned something about receiving advice but from what you now say, it sounds like it's just a guess with no particular evidence to support it?

I wonder what you put in post #30 that was deleted??

2019-3-16
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Rotflmfao
2019-3-16
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Every couple months I find myself looking for updates as well.
But at this point, I think they dialed in the tech to where they really need to come up with something that says "wow" to put a "5" behind it.
2019-3-16
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think DJI is loosing their momentum.
2019-3-17
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2-26 20:21
I havent voted as im on the fence with this one, i mean, the end of the year is a long time.... We need to ask ourselves, did DJI make the V2.0 just to get rid of excess casings/cameras, now that ive said that, probably unlikely as they are needed for parts lol, oh well, the idea was there lol its not totally implausible though, is it? ready for the next model? yeah, still sounds stupid i know lol, i'll get me coat....

hey Bashy let's put our money on 2020. Might be closer to an answer by then. And probably be the Wraith 1.
2019-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 3-17 22:58
hey Bashy let's put our money on 2020. Might be closer to an answer by then. And probably be the Wraith 1.

I had to go look at what i said, i thought i'd made a Stargate Atlantis reference, then i re-read your reply and understand it now lol

Wraith.....

2019-3-18
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Czechia

Wasn't there a post here or on Phantom Pilots about an interview some DJI guy gave and said Phantom line was finished ? The post even gave the video link to the interview.
2019-4-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Lol
2019-4-17
Use props
Air/America
First Officer

United States

I have a P3A and a P3P. I think that I will wait until the model P6A or the P6P is available to purchase.

2019-4-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules