Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Everyone,

I recently had my P4P stolen and I getting ready to purchase a replacement. I had the P4P for roughly 1 year. I really liked it. With the release of the Mavic 2Pro it seems to have almost the same camera specs as my P4P but with the nice compact design of the Mavic. Please let me know your thoughts and vote if you can.

Thanks, Hurley
Single SelectVote, Total 41 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

95.12% (39)
4.88% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-2-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not fair being in the Mavic forum
2019-2-25
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-25 18:36
It's not fair being in the Mavic forum

I put in both forums to be fair.
2019-2-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic pro 2. I'm going to get a lot of slack for this but, the phantoms are on

their last prop. I say that because look at the model they have already retired.

1,2,3 and 4 only remaining are the Pro and Adv.
2019-2-25
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's bias in my choice, but the only reason I picked M2P is that I have not owned a Phantom before and I love my M2P  
2019-2-25
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I come from fly a range of drones and had decided I would not get a mav 2 Pro as I had the P4P. However, the introduction of the smart controller tipped me an DI bought the mav 2 Pro. Now that I have flown and used it, I very much doubt I’ll be using my older mags or the P4P. The mav air may still see some flight time when I’m really restricted on travel space.
Love the new Mavic
2019-2-25
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Compactness and flight nimbleness of the M2 is a BIG plus.

Camera on P4 is slightly better.
2019-2-26
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, it is the best drone I have owned.
2019-2-26
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Mavic 2 Pro for sure
2019-2-26
Use props
F. Landmann
lvl.1

Germany

If you liked the p4p the m2p is the more compact solution. The optical performance is rather similar. The latest m2p firmware has still not the "follow me" function on board. This could be a big disadvantage, so keep it in mind.

2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hurley. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. To help you further with this tread let me post a link where in you can compare the overview and specifications of both the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. You can also use this link to compare other different drones from DJI. I hope this helps you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-2-26
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paraphrasing what they were saying about the cameras, "the best drone is the one you have with you".
I flew Phantom several years ago. The form factor alone killed my desire to own one.
Now, with Mavic and its compact design, I can (and I do) carry it pretty much everywhere.
2019-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro - every time.
2019-2-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

F. Landmann Posted at 2-26 06:33
If you liked the p4p the m2p is the more compact solution. The optical performance is rather similar. The latest m2p firmware has still not the "follow me" function on board. This could be a big disadvantage, so keep it in mind.

Thanks for heads up. I've never been a fan of the follow me function so not a deal breaker for sure.
2019-2-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 2-26 07:47
Paraphrasing what they were saying about the cameras, "the best drone is the one you have with you".
I flew Phantom several years ago. The form factor alone killed my desire to own one.
Now, with Mavic and its compact design, I can (and I do) carry it pretty much everywhere.

Thats what I keep thinking about in my decision.

THanks.
2019-2-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2-25 19:06
Mavic pro 2. I'm going to get a lot of slack for this but, the phantoms are on

their last prop. I say that because look at the model they have already retired.

Thanks for your input.
2019-2-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 2-26 00:49
Compactness and flight nimbleness of the M2 is a BIG plus.

Camera on P4 is slightly better.

Ive seen comments about flight stability. What is your experience with this?
2019-2-26
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love my Mavic 2 Pro. I wasn't flying my Phantom 4 Pro very much, so I got rid of it.,
2019-2-26
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can argue forever which drone produces best 4K video. At the end all that matters is viewer eyes and display. And most of the time they won’t care if it’s mavic 2 Pro or Spark 1080p.

But one thing that is IMHO very interesting to have on a drone is Zoom!!
In 1080p you can fly 100 meters high (virtually invisible) With ability to see as if you were flying 25 meters high. No other drones can do it.
Go get mavic zoom and be done with it. Spend difference on extra batteries
2019-2-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2-26 08:44
Thanks for your input.

No problem.
2019-2-26
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I've been reading, while the M2P has a 1 inch sensor, It's skipping every other line to reduce heat generation.  From the pics posted here on the forums, the P4 with a one inch sensor is vastly superior when it comes to photos. The M2P has softness issues created by manufacturing lens alignment issues.  Many users have swapped out 3-4 aircraft before they got a 'good' one.   I just received my M2P, package is still unopened.  If what I find matches what I have read here I plan to return and go with something else as I already have a P4P+ which takes spectacular pics and vids.  Maybe the Typhoon H Plus with true one inch processing.  

I love my original MP, it's my goto bird but if the 2's not much better, it will be a waste of money with only the biggest improvements being software rather than the camera.  I'll know more this evening.  
2019-2-28
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hurley1718 Posted at 2-26 08:45
Ive seen comments about flight stability. What is your experience with this?

I am not sure what comments you are refering to but Flight stability is faultless.

No drifting and rock steady even in winds up to around 25 miles/hour.
2019-2-28
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears aside from 4K 60fps, 31 minutes battery life and 5 miles range with OcuSync and Active Track 2.0 make the Mavic 2 Pro the better option..
2019-2-28
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

I love my Mavic 2 Pro - Compact and fun to fly. Nothing against Phantoms either. Mavic to me is just fun and easy to transport.
2019-2-28
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 2-28 14:43
I am not sure what comments you are refering to but Flight stability is faultless.

No drifting and rock steady even in winds up to around 25 miles/hour.

Awesome to hear. Thanks for replying. I think I will pull the trigger on the Mavic 2 Pro
2019-2-28
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 2-28 16:36
It appears aside from 4K 60fps, 31 minutes battery life and 5 miles range with OcuSync and Active Track 2.0 make the Mavic 2 Pro the better option..

It looks like the M2P is the winner.
2019-2-28
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PWidmayer Posted at 2-28 16:46
I love my Mavic 2 Pro - Compact and fun to fly. Nothing against Phantoms either. Mavic to me is just fun and easy to transport.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
2019-2-28
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Roach Posted at 2-28 11:09
From what I've been reading, while the M2P has a 1 inch sensor, It's skipping every other line to reduce heat generation.  From the pics posted here on the forums, the P4 with a one inch sensor is vastly superior when it comes to photos. The M2P has softness issues created by manufacturing lens alignment issues.  Many users have swapped out 3-4 aircraft before they got a 'good' one.   I just received my M2P, package is still unopened.  If what I find matches what I have read here I plan to return and go with something else as I already have a P4P+ which takes spectacular pics and vids.  Maybe the Typhoon H Plus with true one inch processing.  

I love my original MP, it's my goto bird but if the 2's not much better, it will be a waste of money with only the biggest improvements being software rather than the camera.  I'll know more this evening.

Thanks for the information. Good to know.
2019-2-28
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

Make sure you order through someones youtube page or link so maybe you can help someone out. I don't have mine set up yet but there are plenty of influencers with links. Probably a couple on here as well. Become a DJI partner.
2019-2-28
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The Roach Posted at 2-28 11:09
From what I've been reading, while the M2P has a 1 inch sensor, It's skipping every other line to reduce heat generation.  From the pics posted here on the forums, the P4 with a one inch sensor is vastly superior when it comes to photos. The M2P has softness issues created by manufacturing lens alignment issues.  Many users have swapped out 3-4 aircraft before they got a 'good' one.   I just received my M2P, package is still unopened.  If what I find matches what I have read here I plan to return and go with something else as I already have a P4P+ which takes spectacular pics and vids.  Maybe the Typhoon H Plus with true one inch processing.  

I love my original MP, it's my goto bird but if the 2's not much better, it will be a waste of money with only the biggest improvements being software rather than the camera.  I'll know more this evening.
I dont have a P4 but from the many clips I've seen, the P4 has marginally better video and photo.

The difference is certainly not night and day and I have also seen amazing M2P footage of course.

The M2P was also never intended as a P4 replacement, rather its closing the gap between the the two lines..

As such it does, imho, an amazing job with all the benefits of being ultra portable compared to the larger drone plus it has its own advantages such as owners of both reporting that the flying time/experience/characteristics are ahead too.

I dont think many would argue the original Mavic is a better product.

I am not so fond of the default Hazelblad colour curve but that is easily corrected either in-drone or post to your liking. - Doing so can achieve very, very similar results to the best P4 footage imo.

Its not perfect. If it was DJI would not sell more expensive drones and there are a couple of things that could be improved but on the whole, its a lot of drone/tech.
2019-3-3
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always remember “the right tool for the right job”.
So what is your “job” for your new drone?
I assume it’s photos and videos.
Drone essentially is a moving tripod for your camera.
Phantom takes better pics and vids
So you are choosing between good tripod with camera (mavic) vs Good camera with tripod (phantom).
And as I understand you rather have good tripod and not a good camera.

2019-3-3
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3BEPb Posted at 3-3 15:20
Always remember “the right tool for the right job”.
So what is your “job” for your new drone?
I assume it’s photos and videos.

Yes video and photo quality are the at the fore front of my needs. I might have to continue with the P4P and then by a Mavic Pro first gen for areas I can’t really take the P4P.
2019-3-3
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

This guy does some phenomenal (picture) quality video with the M2P in occasionally very difficult contrast areas.

https://www.youtube.com/user/teknofil007
2019-3-4
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hurley1718 Posted at 3-3 15:59
Yes video and photo quality are the at the fore front of my needs. I might have to continue with the P4P and then by a Mavic Pro first gen for areas I can’t really take the P4P.
Agree. If you have those two buying an M2P will give you little extra other than combining their strengths in a small package and slightly better Ocusync.
2019-3-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

It is funny how some folks created lots of drama on how bad the 4K output is compared to the P4P when +96% of votes go to the M2P lol
2019-3-4
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Hurley1718 Posted at 2-25 18:37
I put in both forums to be fair.

Whats the result over there???
2019-3-4
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

P4 pro is out of production. Go beter with mavic 2
2019-3-4
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 3-4 06:25
Whats the result over there???

Actually the Mavic 2 is winning 11 to 5.
2019-3-4
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 3-4 03:19
It is funny how some folks created lots of drama on how bad the 4K output is compared to the P4P when +96% of votes go to the M2P lol

Very true.
2019-3-4
Use props
kykmavic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Definitely, Mavic 2 Pro! You will be amazed!
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules