Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Use Wireless module for file transfer?
24633 7 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans71b17fad
lvl.1
Spain

Hi all, I´ve just received the Osmo Pocket Wireless module and Im trying to connect it to my Imac with the osmo pocket plugged to the wireless module, and Im not able to transfer files then, does anybody know if its possible? Or the only way its to plug the Osmo Pocket directly throug the usb-c cable to the Imac or connecting the sd card?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Mauri
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There are three ways to export the videos and photos using the Osmo Pocket. Unfortunately, using the wireless module to export the files is not yet recommended. You may refer to the three following methods below to export the files on your DJI Osmo Pocket. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for understanding.

1. Power off the Osmo Pocket, remove the SD card, insert it into a card reader, connect the card reader with a PC then export the files.
2. When the Osmo Pocket is powered on, connect it to the PC with the Type-C USB cable. Then the photos and videos can be checked.
3. Power on the Osmo Pocket, then connect the Osmo Pocket to a mobile device with the smartphone adapter and download the original media.
2019-2-26
Use props
fans79d5430d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38714 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you download merged panoramas to the phone using the wireless module? Or single photos?
2019-2-26
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

fans79d5430d Posted at 2-26 11:30
Can you download merged panoramas to the phone using the wireless module? Or single photos?

I don't believe the wireless module allows data transfer. You need to use a USB-C cable.

When you connect the cable between the Pocket and your computer, then power up the Pocket, the Pocket screen will show a notification that it wants to connect. Press accept and the Pocket will appear as an external drive.
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_wCJ2nXGMwVqA
New

United States

I couldn't figure out how to add new post and I have question about wireless module for the pocket.    Is there something that needs to be done to activate the usb-c port?     I have pocket installed in module and connected wordlessly to my phone and using app, but I thought the usb-c port on the wireless module could be used to charge the pocket.     I used multiple known good cables and chargers and get nothing.     Won't connect to your pc either
2019-2-26
Use props
Sircoynie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170676 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2-26 08:35
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There are three ways to export the videos and photos using the Osmo Pocket. Unfortunately, using the wireless module to export the files is not yet recommended. You may refer to the three following methods below to export the files on your DJI Osmo Pocket. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for understanding.

1. Power off the Osmo Pocket, remove the SD card, insert it into a card reader, connect the card reader with a PC then export the files.

So is the hardware not capable of allowing file transfer via usb-c with the wireless module docked or is this just a software issue?

If it's just software please update it, MAJOR day to day functionality annoyance not being able to plug it straight in to my Mac and just download images instead of unplugging everything.

I feel like you guys aren't thinking practically at the moment with this product, just bits and bobs have working added on?
2019-4-15
Use props
Moofer
New
United Kingdom

It is very disapointing that the wireless charging hub's USB-C connector isn't full pass-through, so that you can leave it plugged in and sync files to a PC/Mac. Unfortunatl, iIt only provide power to the Wifi unit and for charging the unit, (i.e. no sync via the wifi hub, only direct into the bottom of the unit via usb-c).
2020-10-16
Use props
djiuser_gSy5laMvpzPd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-2-26 08:35
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There are three ways to export the videos and photos using the Osmo Pocket. Unfortunately, using the wireless module to export the files is not yet recommended. You may refer to the three following methods below to export the files on your DJI Osmo Pocket. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for understanding.

When I connect the Micro SD card into a reader connected to my PC, File Explorer hangs requiring a system restart.  Connecting directly to the Pocket 2 via USB has File Explorer stuck in a read loop that turns into a not responding error.
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules