Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Warning! Smart Controller Issue!!
6903 18 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stinny25
lvl.1
United States

I was getting stuck on a quiz screen within the APP.  It would ask you to take a quiz and when you slected "GO" it would display error not found.  It would not let you enter the app after that error screen and it turned to a white screen with DJI in the top left corner.  I emailed support back and forth and had to send it in after trying a factory reset and firmware update through My DJI assistant 2.  I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom with smart controller on January 27th and it arrived at my house February 1st.  I had to send the controller off on February 7th and I was under the impression that they would send me a new one per a supervisor email.  I just got a refurbished smart controller in the mail yesterday and it will not charge past 59%. The refurbished controller is definitely not as new/clean as my original I sent.  Now this controller has to go back!  I have kept all the emails and phone conversations.  It is getting a bit ridiculous! I have asked for the original mavic 2 remote but DJI says they can't do that.  I am stuck with a brand new drone and no controller.  I think it may be best for others to wait for an update and not send in the remote. You do not know what you will get back!  I have several other DJI products and have not had any issues.  This ordeal has been horrible to say the least!   
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced. Your concerns and requests have been well received and escalated to a higher level. We will contact you through phone or email within 48 working hours as of this message. We appreciate your patience and understanding while reviewing your concerns and requests.
2019-2-26
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

So, does this mean all of us with the smart controller quiz problem will have a solution withn 48 working hours?
2019-2-26
Use props
iconicflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92169 ft
United States

Those of us with the smart controller quiz problem need a resolution.

If DJI cares to get in touch with me and work with me, I can probably diagnose this further and figure out how to fix it permanently. Especially if I have a person there to work with on it.

2019-2-27
Use props
ttyndall
lvl.1

United States

iconflux, I have the same problem. It states on the error screen it cannot find the Quiz. It even gives us the web address it is hunting for. I put it in the computer and get a Page Not Found. The quiz is on a server and the controller errors out evidently when it cannot find it. They need to either put the quiz back on that web address or do a patch for the firmware removing the request from the controller.
Two days ago they had me send screen shots like they have not seen the problem before.
2019-2-27
Use props
rparge
First Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I did not get the quiz, as I had previously answered it on the small controller attached to a phone.
Looks like it remember that?
Do you have the small controller where you can try that?
2019-2-27
Use props
iconicflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92169 ft
United States

No. I only have the smart controller as I bought the bundle.
2019-2-27
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

rparge Posted at 2-27 16:29
I did not get the quiz, as I had previously answered it on the small controller attached to a phone.
Looks like it remember that?
Do you have the small controller where you can try that?

If that is the case, folks need to beg and plead for help from someone who owns the original controller.  I imagine you can borrow one, log in to your own/new account and maybe take the quiz on the borrowed unit.  That remove the account???

What a pain!
2019-2-28
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the issue today MID-FLIGHT.  Big Thanks to ICONICFLUX for the tip on closing the app and reopening without having to reboot the SRC. - Once I reopened the app, I set the home point to my controller and she came home.  This is scary stuff.  I can't believe this is taking forever to fix. - Give us the quiz on DJI.com and let us take it there. I already returned the RE goggles due to the major widespread problem with them.  Loosing faith in you DJI!
2019-2-28
Use props
Stinny25
lvl.1
United States

I got an email that the part needed to fix the battery issue with the second remote is on "hold". I have had good communication with DJI support on this problem, but I am ready for a resolution!!!  My advice is to buy the Mavic 2 with the original controller and then the smart controller separately.  I did not and I am unable to fly this brand new drone until I get a 3rd controller from DJI.  I really wish I could buy the original controller and get a refund for the smart controller!!  I would be in the air right now.  They don't even offer the original Mavic 2 controller, by itself, on the website.

From the looks of it, it seems that this problem with the controller is only affecting the United States.
2019-3-10
Use props
fans626ede4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23284 ft
United Kingdom

Sad to say I’m experiencing a very similar issue here in the UK. Just got a brand new Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller yesterday. Set everything up as per the instructions (and YouTube tutorials) and long story short, my smart controller blacks out intermittently, no pattern to it, no idea why it’s happening but I do know it’s scary as hell because it happens MID FLIGHT! Early on I updated the firmware hoping that would resolve it, but no change, this happened before and after update. Took the drone out for a dawn flight just now and carefully kept it in view at all times because of the potential for this issue...and thank goodness I did. 4 flights, 4 blackouts, all while the drone was in the air. The first flight lasted maybe 4 minutes before blackout, the rest were only a minute or two at best. Also had the controller charging all night and it won’t charge beyond three of the four lights. Hugely unimpressed and disappointed with this
2019-5-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

fans626ede4c Posted at 5-11 21:33
Sad to say I’m experiencing a very similar issue here in the UK. Just got a brand new Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller yesterday. Set everything up as per the instructions (and YouTube tutorials) and long story short, my smart controller blacks out intermittently, no pattern to it, no idea why it’s happening but I do know it’s scary as hell because it happens MID FLIGHT! Early on I updated the firmware hoping that would resolve it, but no change, this happened before and after update. Took the drone out for a dawn flight just now and carefully kept it in view at all times because of the potential for this issue...and thank goodness I did. 4 flights, 4 blackouts, all while the drone was in the air. The first flight lasted maybe 4 minutes before blackout, the rest were only a minute or two at best. Also had the controller charging all night and it won’t charge beyond three of the four lights. Hugely unimpressed and disappointed with this

Look on plus side.  At least screen does come back, unlike with CS.   
When their screens quit, there was no coming back, only going back for service.

Still, I feel your pain!
2019-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I had a problem it’s my 5 D button so sent controller in , I did receive a different one back but it was brand new, and it took 10 days everything was fine, the deal for replacing or repairing is you will receive a new one back or a refurbished AS NEW so if it wasn’t AS NEW then you shouldn’t need to accept it.
Regarding normal RC I would imagine you can buy these pretty handy on eBay etc , as many who bought SRC will be looking to sell old one .
2019-5-12
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in No Calif for the next 2 weeks...I have both controllers so if somebody buys me a Starbucks its possible to hook up and you can link my original controller and hopefully get through the test...
2019-5-13
Use props
djiuser_G0ju8YrYJaoj
New

United States

Hi, I also just unboxed my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller and the Controller went to update and the screen went green with lines and now will not power on. I have already tried calling DJI help.....they were so unhelpful....and I cannot get it to power on. I am very disappointed with this technology....
2019-7-18
Use props
gfdonc
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_G0ju8YrYJaoj Posted at 7-18 16:27
Hi, I also just unboxed my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller and the Controller went to update and the screen went green with lines and now will not power on. I have already tried calling DJI help.....they were so unhelpful....and I cannot get it to power on. I am very disappointed with this technology....

I am in a similar situation.  Purchased and brought mine home this afternoon, unboxed an hour ago but cannot get the SC to boot.
Just started beeping at me???
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_uzvVIsgsiyQ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 963717 ft
  • >>>
United States

2/16/20  I cannot even do anything with the smart controller.  I tried to do the update, the screen is black and now the DJI Assistant doesn't even see it connected.  The Remote will only turn off when it senses there is no power plugged in, then it will shut down.  If I try to manually hold the button down, it just vibrates (I would only assume this is a safety feature so it doesn't get interrupted while installing) but when it has been like this for 3 plus days now, there is no way this update could be still trying to install.   

Any ideas?  I also removed my SD Card once to see if that would work, but did not. I also purchased a Sand Disk Micro Extreme Pro, which is more than fast enough to read/write on that SD card if it were to use that instead of internal storage to process the update.  

DJI can anyone help?!!?!   This has less than a hand full of flights.
2020-2-16
Use props
Mell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635922 ft
Estonia

djiuser_uzvVIsgsiyQ6 Posted at 2-16 05:35
2/16/20  I cannot even do anything with the smart controller.  I tried to do the update, the screen is black and now the DJI Assistant doesn't even see it connected.  The Remote will only turn off when it senses there is no power plugged in, then it will shut down.  If I try to manually hold the button down, it just vibrates (I would only assume this is a safety feature so it doesn't get interrupted while installing) but when it has been like this for 3 plus days now, there is no way this update could be still trying to install.   

Any ideas?  I also removed my SD Card once to see if that would work, but did not. I also purchased a Sand Disk Micro Extreme Pro, which is more than fast enough to read/write on that SD card if it were to use that instead of internal storage to process the update.  

Are the SC battery is charged? Sounds like very low battery. Leave it to charge for a while. You should see from remote controller led when its charging and when its full.
2020-2-16
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uzvVIsgsiyQ6 Posted at 2-16 05:35
2/16/20  I cannot even do anything with the smart controller.  I tried to do the update, the screen is black and now the DJI Assistant doesn't even see it connected.  The Remote will only turn off when it senses there is no power plugged in, then it will shut down.  If I try to manually hold the button down, it just vibrates (I would only assume this is a safety feature so it doesn't get interrupted while installing) but when it has been like this for 3 plus days now, there is no way this update could be still trying to install.   

Any ideas?  I also removed my SD Card once to see if that would work, but did not. I also purchased a Sand Disk Micro Extreme Pro, which is more than fast enough to read/write on that SD card if it were to use that instead of internal storage to process the update.  

Can you get into settings and do a factory reset or at least downgrade the firmware then upgrade?  This is what I had to do when mine was mega buggy on the latest update.  It installed perfectly but on the refresh, it turned off mid update because of the if you don't do anything for a few minutes it turns off.
2020-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules