12Next >
4044 45 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Thought I would start a new thread and post updates as I wait (sadly) to get my Mavic Pro back in my hands and get back to enjoying the best hobby I have had in a long time.  I am sure anyone reading this is also a big fan of flying drones and having a DJI Mavic series is amazing.  So.... reading the good and the bad, I still felt like sending mine in after it only being two months old... my Christmas present... it's all I got this year becasue I was a good boy ;) I have not been happier with a present in many years.

Anyway.... it was placed in a egg-foam fitted box that was originally used to send $4K  custom electronic device I support as an IT professional.  I took pictures of the Mavic before shipping and will post them here... Like I said, it was my two month old baby and didn't get to use it much with it being winter weather... I am ankious for the diagnoistics and seeing what the amount will be to repair the cable; expecting $65 + $10 to $20 part and having an under or right at $100 cost to get my* drone* back... we will see*

• Will it be my original, same serial number and fixed/replaced cable
  • A brand new shining sealed in its original box
  • A refurbished - God knows the history of it

Ultimitely I trust DJI and beleive that whatever the outcome, I will have a fair "deal" with them and hopefully be back in the skies again.

Stay tuned

Here are the photos of my Mavic Pro w/broken Gimbal Cable.... If I didn't tell you it was broken you wouldn't know.

Broken Gimbal Ribbon Cable

Broken Gimbal Ribbon Cable

Foam bottom box

Foam bottom box

Egg foam over top box

Egg foam over top box

Two month old MP1 in box

Two month old MP1 in box

Covered with packing tape

Covered with packing tape

Dropping off to ship to DJI

Dropping off to ship to DJI
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Deeply exhale sigh as I gaze upon it.... distance makes the heart grow fond... or something like that.  I'm sad
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your question. Just to give you an idea whenever the customer sends the unit in it for repair, this may depend if the unit is fixable or not. If ever not there will be a possible replacement instead of fixing on it. And thank you for sharing some good words and experience. Best regards!
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Not that I have had the pleasure of flying everyday for the past 60 days.... but the total distance is under a mile a day.  I'd consider that "like new" condition and very little use.
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

As you all can see.... I'll continued to be obsessed with this until it is done.... promise, last update from me unless a reply to someone ;)  
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bjs_express Posted at 2-26 13:59
[view_image]      As you all can see.... I'll continued to be obsessed with this until it is done.... promise, last update from me unless a reply to someone ;)

If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!
2019-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m sure she’ll be back home soon, and you will once again reaching for the skies, it’s usual for it to take 10 working days, slowest part is the ground travelling, hopefully you get the fair treatment your expecting and I’m sure you will.

You never mentioned why your baby had to go to the hospital ;+)....
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Full disclosure,  about 6' from landing... battery reached RTH, I hit cancel,  then confirmation, but it still decided to just jet off and not land.  Couldn't get it to cancel or land.  It eventually found itself in a shrub bush. Nothing looked wrong physically but the ribbon must have been stretched and snapped from the gimbal pushing into the bush.  I put another battery in and immediately got the gimbal overload message and could see wobble in the video feed to my phone.  I inspected closer and could see the ribbon was detached.... distraught came over me.  And here we are.  Hopeful it gets fixed and returned to me.  
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Bjs_express Posted at 2-26 18:28
Full disclosure,  about 6' from landing... battery reached RTH, I hit cancel,  then confirmation, but it still decided to just jet off and not land.  Couldn't get it to cancel or land.  It eventually found itself in a shrub bush. Nothing looked wrong physically but the ribbon must have been stretched and snapped from the gimbal pushing into the bush.  I put another battery in and immediately got the gimbal overload message and could see wobble in the video feed to my phone.  I inspected closer and could see the ribbon was detached.... distraught came over me.  And here we are.  Hopeful it gets fixed and returned to me.

So to clarify,  the "home point" was roughly 10' from where I was trying to land.  Being so close and almost landed it was bizarre what happened.  But lesson learned for me is either turn off rth or never ever let battery get near rth level.  
2019-2-26
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Repair center should have it soon

Scheduled Delivery/ Estimated Time
Wednesday
02/27/2019
by End of Day
2019-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bjs_express Posted at 2-26 18:28

It has happened to many, you can also use pause button .
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Nothing better to do.... but wait.

Out for Delivery        02/27/2019 8:03 A.M.         Ft Worth, TX, United States       
Loaded on Delivery Vehicle

02/27/2019 7:37 A.M.        Ft Worth, TX, United States        Destination Scan
02/27/2019 5:40 A.M.        Ft Worth, TX, United States        Arrival Scan
02/27/2019 4:31 A.M.        Mesquite, TX, United States        Departure Scan
02/27/2019 12:45 A.M.        Mesquite, TX, United States        Arrival Scan
02/26/2019 9:26 P.M.        Bryan, TX, United States        Departure Scan
02/26/2019 8:15 P.M.        Bryan, TX, United States        Origin Scan
Past Event        Shipped        02/26/2019 10:29 A.M.         Bryan, TX, United States       
Drop-Off
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Luckily the DJI Repair has a location in my state.
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Delivered
Delivered On
Wednesday
02/27/2019

Delivery Time

at 2:12 P.M.
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

My Mavic Pro was delivered next day after shipping it.   My case has not updated yet but expect to see something tomorrow, hopefully.
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Evans received it... hope it's not still in the dock ;)
Screenshot_20190227-182753_Chrome.jpg
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Well... no night shifts at the repair shop I guess....  shipment arrived today at 2pm but not showing received in the case inquiry yet.... 10:30 PM -- goodnight
2019-2-27
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Conducting Damage Assessment.... "Received" showing Australia time???? UPS delivered it yesterday in Texas 3/27/2019 @ 2:12 PM CST.....  

Getting close to the $$$ question.  Whats the broken ribbon cable going to cost?

2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

In case you want to know what the email looks like....

Date: Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 8:07 AM
Subject: [No Reply] DJI Product for Repair Received
To:

Repair Received Notice

Dear Customer,

The item you sent to DJI for repair has been received and your case number is

NNN-NNNNN

Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress in one business day.

Product Details

CX Paperwork

Quantity: 1

Serial Number:

Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding Controller, Battery, BT Charger, Propellers, SD, AC Cable)

Serial Number: NNNNNNNNNN

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,

DJI Support

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

I need a hobby, lol.  Watching the computer screen to see change; the received date was updated; Feb/28/2019 22:06:55... again here in Texas I'm adding this reply at Feb/28/2019 09:27:11
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Date keeps changing for "when the received" it.  Weird.  So ready to know what the repair is.  
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Your Mavic Pro has been evaluated by our repair team.

We will email you an invoice in two to three business days.

That will feel like forever ;)
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Drum roll.... as I wait to know $   Any guesses?
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Well.... that was quick.... and twice as much as it should be.  I guess I'm calling and discussing this with the customer service now.

I'm not understanding the invoice?

The only damage was the flat ribbon cable and why is the repair service fee twice (x2) ?

I do not see the "ribbon cable" in the list of components and can concede that the "gimbal arm" includes replacing the broken cable.... but the "top cover" and the additional $65 fee seems wrong and unnecessary.

Honestly expected an under $100 repair.

--Barry 979.575.8199

Item List

Gimbal Axis Arm Module

Net Price : 59.00

Total Price: 59.00

Upper Cover

Net Price : 1.00

Total Price: 1.00

Repair Service Fee

Quantity: 2

Net Price : 65.00

Total Price: 130.00

Tax (Texas sales tax)

Total Payment (USD$)

2019-2-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Pretty expensive bush trip.
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2-28 14:43
Pretty expensive bush trip.

BAMA... it's outrageous.  Getting charge two hours for a thirty minute job for a tech... customer pay, the time it takes to repair is always more.  
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-27 03:46
It has happened to many, you can also use pause button .

Wished I had a rewind button!  
2019-2-28
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

In case anyone is following,  I'm awaiting an escalation request by DJI support. I feel like DJI is concerned and understanding of what I believe is fair.   May be two more business days to get resolved.  Sure missing my Mavic pro and hope this works out.
2019-3-1
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Bjs_express Posted at 2-28 14:46
BAMA... it's outrageous.  Getting charge two hours for a thirty minute job for a tech... customer pay, the time it takes to repair is always more.

What did you expect? Dji Service is too expensive. This has been discussed many times on forum. I repairing quads sometime for friends, here is photo of repair Spark.. Cost of this repair were 40 dolars for spare parts from ebay and 20 dolar for my work (broken frame and gimbal cable from controller to camera sensor).. Repairs are relatively simple, but you have to be thorough and careful.

Spark repair
2019-3-1
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Arcicorsa Posted at 3-1 11:12
What did you expect? Dji Service is too expensive. This has been discussed many times on forum. I repairing quads sometime for friends, here is photo of repair Spark.. Cost of this repair were 40 dolars for spare parts from ebay and 20 dolar for my work (broken frame and gimbal cable from controller to camera sensor).. Repairs are relatively simple, but you have to be thorough and careful.

Spark repair

I wished we were neighbors... I couldn't find a repair person within 200 miles of where I live... I looked at parts and videos and decided being that I have never been mechanically inclined and all thumbs with tiny parts/screws I didn't want to break something trying to fix something... after much consideration, I decided to send with good faith that either the cable or gimbal arm (being pre-cabled -- and what the quote is for) that it would be $40 to $60 in parts and the posted $65 service fee.... the quote is double the service fee and that's my dispute.   Had anticipated $121... and quoted $205... It's basically $84 more than I think is fair.  Maybe I'm wrong but think for the actually damage being just the cable (I've seen OEM part for $8) that being charged the gimbal arm at $59 would be their "mark-up" and I was ok with that.  I expressed this to support and awaiting a response.   
2019-3-1
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Bjs_express Posted at 3-1 11:39
I wished we were neighbors... I couldn't find a repair person within 200 miles of where I live... I looked at parts and videos and decided being that I have never been mechanically inclined and all thumbs with tiny parts/screws I didn't want to break something trying to fix something... after much consideration, I decided to send with good faith that either the cable or gimbal arm (being pre-cabled -- and what the quote is for) that it would be $40 to $60 in parts and the posted $65 service fee.... the quote is double the service fee and that's my dispute. [view_image]  Had anticipated $121... and quoted $205... It's basically $84 more than I think is fair.  Maybe I'm wrong but think for the actually damage being just the cable (I've seen OEM part for $8) that being charged the gimbal arm at $59 would be their "mark-up" and I was ok with that.  I expressed this to support and awaiting a response.

I totally understand you, I would also be indignant.
2019-3-1
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Longest weekend every without having my Manic Pro.  Hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow some better news
2019-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bjs_express Posted at 3-1 11:39
I wished we were neighbors... I couldn't find a repair person within 200 miles of where I live... I looked at parts and videos and decided being that I have never been mechanically inclined and all thumbs with tiny parts/screws I didn't want to break something trying to fix something... after much consideration, I decided to send with good faith that either the cable or gimbal arm (being pre-cabled -- and what the quote is for) that it would be $40 to $60 in parts and the posted $65 service fee.... the quote is double the service fee and that's my dispute. [view_image]  Had anticipated $121... and quoted $205... It's basically $84 more than I think is fair.  Maybe I'm wrong but think for the actually damage being just the cable (I've seen OEM part for $8) that being charged the gimbal arm at $59 would be their "mark-up" and I was ok with that.  I expressed this to support and awaiting a response.

I think your figure was and should have been close to what you thought , I don’t think parts were over priced in fact for what they quoted it’s very reasonable.

The one problem I do have is almost no matter what dji service will always charge 2 hours service fee, if you smashes into a wall and broke 10 different parts they will charge you for 2 hours service, if you have a leg replaced 2x hours service charge,this I would dispute, it’s not fair and it’s not correct.

If you go back to what you thought it would be and then add the tax it would be very close to dji quote if they only as they should charged you for 1 hour service.

As long as I’ve been around here no matter what the repair is it always 2x service hours @€65 or US @$65, this is not right in your situation.
2019-3-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Don't think of it as markup.  Labor is expensive.  That is, someone who knows what needs to be done to fix it right needs to do it and guarantee that it is fixed.  I would expect US $60/hr for that in today's economy.
2019-3-3
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-3 14:08
I think your figure was and should have been close to what you thought , I don’t think parts were over priced in fact for what they quoted it’s very reasonable.

The one problem I do have is almost no matter what dji service will always charge 2 hours service fee, if you smashes into a wall and broke 10 different parts they will charge you for 2 hours service, if you have a leg replaced 2x hours service charge,this I would dispute, it’s not fair and it’s not correct.

Appreciate your viewpoint and I'm in agreement with it.  
2019-3-3
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 3-3 16:36
Don't think of it as markup.  Labor is expensive.  That is, someone who knows what needs to be done to fix it right needs to do it and guarantee that it is fixed.  I would expect US $60/hr for that in today's economy.

Sure,  $65 an hour is acceptable for the professional repair.    My dispute is having an expert repair of a gimbal arm replacement is not two hours to perform by an expert.  My case has no diagnosis needed and states that on the request and was a cable only,  but replacing arm with prewired would be easier and faster for the expert to use instead of replacing just the cable.  I'm good with that,  I don't want to pay for an extra hour.
2019-3-3
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Day 6 - Currently awaiting contact from appropriate team.  Have been told appropriate team is reviewing.  Fingers crossed I am contacted by EOD.
2019-3-4
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

Lots of effort and still final outcome to be determined when I get my Mavic back.  Painfully it was $175 for a broken cable all said and done.  Lessons learned.  I don't have high hopes of actually getting my drone I sent back,  but will let y'all know.  Ouch,  it hurts.
2019-3-4
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States

2019-3-4
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
United States