DJI Smart Controller keeps disconnecting during flight.
10468 33 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_f7VBCDDw63db
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49341 ft
Dominican Republic

Just bought smart controller for my brand new mavic 2 pro, during flight when the drone was 50m away controller started to disconnect for second and reconnects this is happened every 1 min during flight and i hardly returned home.

Everything is updated, fully charged what so ever. Did anyone had this issue ?

Thanks
Alp
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that make sure when you are flying the Aircraft you are on the open area, away to any possible interference. Since my conclusion for this would be interference on the area that interfering the signal from the remote to the Aircraft. You may give a try as well to fly in a different location, just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Best Regards!
2019-2-26
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1501355 ft
United States

I ran into the same problem after updating to the latest firmware on the controller. I was able to resolve this by relinking the drone to the controller. Here's another thread about this: https://forum.dji.com/thread-179729-1-1.html
2019-2-26
Use props
djiuser_f7VBCDDw63db
lvl.2
Turkey

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 15:51
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that make sure when you are flying the Aircraft you are on the open area, away to any possible interference. Since my conclusion for this would be interference on the area that interfering the signal from the remote to the Aircraft. You may give a try as well to fly in a different location, just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Best Regards!

Hey there,

Sorry for very long delay, i was very busy by work. After that the i have re-linked that controller and Disconnection issue has lowered. Then i found out that i had a "secret" Cellphone base station with hidden antennas near 10m away from me.  After that i have flied over 4-5kms without issue. Only issue i had with flying with a friend who has same drone with normal controller. Both of us got interference from each other

After that i had no issues what so ever.
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_f7VBCDDw63db Posted at 3-28 07:50
Hey there,

Sorry for very long delay, i was very busy by work. After that the i have re-linked that controller and Disconnection issue has lowered. Then i found out that i had a "secret" Cellphone base station with hidden antennas near 10m away from me.  After that i have flied over 4-5kms without issue. Only issue i had with flying with a friend who has same drone with normal controller. Both of us got interference from each other  

Ok, thank you for the update and nice to hear that you were able to find it out. And about getting interference to each other when flying the Aircraft. Make sure each WIFi connection from the mobile device should be disabled and no other devices. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Best regards!
2019-3-28
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-28 08:30
Ok, thank you for the update and nice to hear that you were able to find it out. And about getting interference to each other when flying the Aircraft. Make sure each WIFi connection from the mobile device should be disabled and no other devices. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Best regards!

Im confused about disconnecting wifi connections to prevent interference. The Smart controller needs a hot spot for the map to function. You have to leave your Iphone on to use the hot spot.  What are you supposed to do?
2019-4-2
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

JJMik Posted at 4-2 04:40
Im confused about disconnecting wifi connections to prevent interference. The Smart controller needs a hot spot for the map to function. You have to leave your Iphone on to use the hot spot.  What are you supposed to do?

You can pre-download maps while you have wifi at home/cafe/library.  You do not need wifi in the field if you have downloaded the maps in advance.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJMik Posted at 4-2 04:40
Im confused about disconnecting wifi connections to prevent interference. The Smart controller needs a hot spot for the map to function. You have to leave your Iphone on to use the hot spot.  What are you supposed to do?

Sorry for the confusion JJMik. ff22 is correct on post #7. Please refer to that post. In addition, the interference will only happen if there are other devices that are connected to the same wifi. The connection between the wifi and the other devices can affect the connection of the smart controller to the aircraft. To prevent or to lessen interference we highly recommend that the smart controller is the one that is connected to the wifi when in use. Best Regards!
2019-4-9
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info. How do I download maps?   

Doesn’t help me when I stop somewhere on the fly.  I guess I can use hotspot for that then turn it off? When I have a client cancel I often search for an interesting place to fly.
2019-4-16
Use props
djiuser_8uMPKHJV0MHF
New

United Kingdom

I've just flown a short flight and my controller disconnected!!! Luckily my bird came back on RTH.

What the hell could of caused this.  It wasnt nice experience.

Not happy at all.
2020-3-24
Use props
Alp Ilter
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

djiuser_8uMPKHJV0MHF Posted at 3-24 10:46
I've just flown a short flight and my controller disconnected!!! Luckily my bird came back on RTH.

What the hell could of caused this.  It wasnt nice experience.

Hello there !

As i posted i had a similar sort of issue but now its fixed. Will you provide more information based where you fly and everything is up to date ?
2020-3-24
Use props
GiGO888
New

Malta

I'm having the same issue and cannot disconnect the smart controller from the M2P as the "bin" icon is greyed out. Any tips as would like this to work?
2020-4-28
Use props
Diabolika
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

GiGO888 Posted at 4-28 11:55
I'm having the same issue and cannot disconnect the smart controller from the M2P as the "bin" icon is greyed out. Any tips as would like this to work?

Hello there,

If you want to disconnect controller from M2P perhaps you may remove from the settings in Smart controller, or if necessary just reset your factory defaults it self ?
2020-4-28
Use props
GiGO888
New

Malta

Diabolika Posted at 4-28 15:03
Hello there,

If you want to disconnect controller from M2P perhaps you may remove from the settings in Smart controller, or if necessary just reset your factory defaults it self ?

Hey,

I tried to disconnect the aircraft from the settings however the option is disabled. I have factory reset the remote and it seemed to re-sync as it was setting up so will try to fly it this afternoon and see what happens.

Since the drone was purchased with the Smart Controller it seems it is paired at the factory.
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_H7SQvzIKwUTF
lvl.1

Poland

Hello,
I have some serious problem with constantly disconnecting mavic 2 pro with my smart controller. I updated mavic and controller to latest version but nothing changed. It's disconnetcting very often. When it disconnects i have to turn off a drone to have a chance to connect it again but it doesnt always work. I tryed to relink it when disconnected but controller can't find any signal from mavic. Its just disconnecting randomly, durring flight, close, far, before engine run, in different localisations. I bought it about 1y ago but the problem I'm struggling with started about 2 weeks ago. Whats your sugestions?

Greetings
Mietek
2020-6-28
Use props
Diabolika
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

djiuser_H7SQvzIKwUTF Posted at 6-28 04:08
Hello,
I have some serious problem with constantly disconnecting mavic 2 pro with my smart controller. I updated mavic and controller to latest version but nothing changed. It's disconnetcting very often. When it disconnects i have to turn off a drone to have a chance to connect it again but it doesnt always work. I tryed to relink it when disconnected but controller can't find any signal from mavic. Its just disconnecting randomly, durring flight, close, far, before engine run, in different localisations. I bought it about 1y ago but the problem I'm struggling with started about 2 weeks ago. Whats your sugestions?

Hello Mietek,

If it was in one place I would say there is and interfering but, before all, try resetting both of your devices and Setup together. I think maybe smart controller or the drone might be mistaken by country and can be using different channels or frequency set. If that does not work try to use with regular controller or if possible try with another smart controller. Or if you have friends with drones try on their drone. But first try resetting devices first

Thanks
Alp
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_H7SQvzIKwUTF
lvl.1

Poland

Diabolika Posted at 6-28 05:27
Hello Mietek,

If it was in one place I would say there is and interfering but, before all, try resetting both of your devices and Setup together. I think maybe smart controller or the drone might be mistaken by country and can be using different channels or frequency set. If that does not work try to use with regular controller or if possible try with another smart controller. Or if you have friends with drones try on their drone. But first try resetting devices first

Thanks, ill reset them to the factory settings first. I dont have regular controler couse i bought mavic in smart controller bundle. If it doesnt help i think im gonna search for DJI service in Poland.
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_H7SQvzIKwUTF
lvl.1

Poland

Any clue how to reset mavic 2 pro to default settings?
Mietek
2020-6-28
Use props
Diabolika
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

djiuser_H7SQvzIKwUTF Posted at 6-28 06:36
Any clue how to reset mavic 2 pro to default settings?
Mietek

If you have a computer you can connect to DJI assistant 2 and perform a reset from there then do same for the controller too ( with computer ) just in case they have been resetted in same way because if there is a firmware issue it’s a possibility that can be fixed perhaps
2020-6-28
Use props
mmarquez93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Canada

Has this been resolved yet?  Planning to buy a Smart Controller for my M2P.
2020-7-7
Use props
Diabolika
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Hello,

Yes it has been resolved I don’t have any more issues now, besides when I was pairing there was a hidden cellphone tower near that’s why I had connection issues, after repairing I was able to achieve around 8kms as advertised
2020-7-7
Use props
mmarquez93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27897 ft
Canada

Diabolika Posted at 7-7 08:58
Hello,

Yes it has been resolved I don’t have any more issues now, besides when I was pairing there was a hidden cellphone tower near that’s why I had connection issues, after repairing I was able to achieve around 8kms as advertised

Hello, I am thinking of buying a DJI Smart Controller to use on my 1 year old Mavic 2 Pro.  Any issues at present or everything fine?  Any advice (ie. updating firmware, etc.)?
2020-7-28
Use props
Diabolika
lvl.2
Turkey

mmarquez93 Posted at 7-28 13:23
Hello, I am thinking of buying a DJI Smart Controller to use on my 1 year old Mavic 2 Pro.  Any issues at present or everything fine?  Any advice (ie. updating firmware, etc.)?
Hello Marquez,

I have no problems or any kind of issues so far. Feel free to buy controller
2020-7-28
Use props
Circular
New

Poland

I have the same problem with the smart controller. It came out of nowhere, never had this issue and now twice within 4 days. This is scary as hell. I was in an over-water flight quickly descending in forward movement. And shortly before I would reach the surface BOOM, screen grey and red error message "aircraft lost connection". I only noticed because I wanted to check height on the screen to make sure I have enough space to the water, it was dark outside. After I saw there is nothing on the screen I let go the control sticks, just wanted to hover and bring some control into the situation.  I am pretty sure the drone kept descending, hard to tell for sure because it was dark. But at least it looked like the position lights were going downwards. That's when I quickly pulled up, seeing the water had clear ripples from the propellers. So it was actually really close to the surface, almost lost the drone.

Second incident happened when I pushed the C1 button. I assigned FPV/Follow mode to it. The very moment I pushed C1 the connection got lost.

In both incidents I was very lucky that I had a line of sight. However, it is extremely difficult to bring back your drone at night because you cannot really see which direction the drone goes. You have to try a lot before you are sure it comes actually back.
2020-12-28
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ff22 Posted at 2019-4-2 09:09
You can pre-download maps while you have wifi at home/cafe/library.  You do not need wifi in the field if you have downloaded the maps in advance.

I know that you can preload maps in DJI GO4 but that option does not exist in the DJI Fly-app, or have I missed something?
2020-12-29
Use props
fanse4ac6e5f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213291 ft

United States

#Quick Reply Here#I bought the Air2 Fly more with the smart controller... It does this too... What is even more frustrating is that it is real hard to get just the regular controller from the "Store"... I think it would be fixed if I could lower the resolution streamed to the controller to help with bandwidth... (don't need 1080p for a mobile screen...)
-Edited to say,,, You know actually, it really bugs me that it is impossible to find the regular controller from the official store if you want a spare... I have to buy it used or get another drone with the right controller this time... (its just that with the cost of the Smart controller, one would expect more support and overall coolness factor...)
2021-4-23
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

See the latest  Firmware update post here on the forums.  The latest firmware as made the controller virtually useless due to the lag in the transmission stream.  When i first got the controller having the stream set to HD was buttery smooth but with every FW release its gotten worse.  This one makes it basically un usable at any distance. I had to end up buying a standard controller on amazon last night so I can start using my Air 2 again.

I have raised a ticket with DJI and sent them video evidence an i am waiting to hear back.  If you can avoid the upgrade do so....
2021-4-24
Use props
fansfff9427b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3069288 ft
United States

I do agree I flew 2,404 ft had to activate return home because signal disconnected from smart controller,very dissatisfied for the $749 I paid for smart controller claiming 10km, hope DJI does something soon and if not soon  I will find better drone company and sell DJI products

1621287711405237111209780054839.jpg
16212881235934289772855119868632.jpg
2021-5-17
Use props
fans6b27ac24
New

Portugal

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I lost a DJI Mavic 2 Pro while flying with the smart Controller. After approx. 10 min of Flight time the AC disconnected completely and I wasn't able to do anything. It landed somewhere not too far away from the Homepoint. Sadly it is right on a Cliff which is unreachable. I am trying to figure out what happend since I don't see any fault in my flight. I was only about 600m away and 200m High with pretty much nothing (that I am aware of) blocking the Signal. Any Help is much appreciated.
2021-5-20
Use props
Diabolika
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Hi there, sorry to hear that. How does drone look ? Still intact ? Or crashed ? Try getting it with other drone ? What I mean is like hook something to a bigger drone lift and tow
2021-5-20
Use props
Skyhooker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149980 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here DJI! Need to fix this firmware. Since updating to the latest version (01.01.0040). Flying along like always and controller stops. Screen freezes and RTH is needed. NOT GOOD! And, no rollback version showing in Assistant. I need to go back a version or you guys need to fix with another. c'mon, this is rediculous.
2021-6-5
Use props
fans9ec18170
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560604 ft
Guatemala

I have had the same issue and used the 5,4 channel instead of the 2.4 channel but it disconnects the same I have tried everything reset etc I will fly with my normal controller and see if it happens too and will post my experience
2021-6-24
Use props
djiuser_NXXJge6VTGVZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My smart controller completely disconnected yesterday 1500 ft away scared the crap out of me actually has to turn it off ..but luckily rth worked when complete connection lost so glad fail safe worked.. I panicked my legs were shaking never had that before after update as well ..I have a bad feeling these very expensive so called smart controllers are riddled in bugs ..I mean signal doesn't even go as far as standard controller wtf all that money
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_NXXJge6VTGVZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Circular Posted at 2020-12-28 16:30
I have the same problem with the smart controller. It came out of nowhere, never had this issue and now twice within 4 days. This is scary as hell. I was in an over-water flight quickly descending in forward movement. And shortly before I would reach the surface BOOM, screen grey and red error message "aircraft lost connection". I only noticed because I wanted to check height on the screen to make sure I have enough space to the water, it was dark outside. After I saw there is nothing on the screen I let go the control sticks, just wanted to hover and bring some control into the situation.  I am pretty sure the drone kept descending, hard to tell for sure because it was dark. But at least it looked like the position lights were going downwards. That's when I quickly pulled up, seeing the water had clear ripples from the propellers. So it was actually really close to the surface, almost lost the drone.

Second incident happened when I pushed the C1 button. I assigned FPV/Follow mode to it. The very moment I pushed C1 the connection got lost.

There not reliable at all. freaked me out as well and i fly alot over water ..make sure in you setting rth when connection lost ..not hover or descending
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules