Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket & JSR x12 Macro Lens Testing
6440 11 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneyMcDroneface
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

My JSR lens arrived today.....testing it out.
Have only had it for a couple hours.
I like it!

2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DroneyMcDroneface. Thank you for sharing this video. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wow, shows the detail so clear!
2019-2-27
Use props
ManchesterOP
lvl.4
United States

Very nice, the insect shots are amazing
2019-2-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Really cool! Great job!
2019-2-27
Use props
DroneyMcDroneface
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

The opening shot is pollen falling from one of my pine tree's flowers.
It really is an amazing little lens.
This lens really does well in SlowMo mode.....when the OP crops in on the sensor. Gives another perspective (tighter shot) albeit it's in 1080.
2019-2-27
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Very nice! Looks really great
2019-3-3
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the footage! What's the minimum and maximum focus distance?
2019-3-6
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

new 10x macro lens

2019-3-15
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

Got the Haoun 12.5X Macro Lens from Amazon and while the image quality is very sharp, the minimum focus distance is around 3/4".. extremely close to the lens! That's fine, but then the maximum focus distance is about an 1 1/4"... leaving a focus depth of field of about a half inch which is insanely shallow and difficult to keep your subject in focus. I have the polar pro macro lens for my GoPro Hero 7 and that is around 5" min and 7" maximum giving you a 2" depth of field. Much easier to keep focus on the subject than the Haoun for Osmo Pocket. This isn't a complaint just, hopefully, useful information for anyone looking to buy one of these Osmo add-ons. If I had a choice, I would have probably not purchased the Haoun.
2019-3-15
Use props
AusMavic2
lvl.1
Australia

hashiko Posted at 2019-3-15 11:36
Got the Haoun 12.5X Macro Lens from Amazon and while the image quality is very sharp, the minimum focus distance is around 3/4".. extremely close to the lens! That's fine, but then the maximum focus distance is about an 1 1/4"... leaving a focus depth of field of about a half inch which is insanely shallow and difficult to keep your subject in focus. I have the polar pro macro lens for my GoPro Hero 7 and that is around 5" min and 7" maximum giving you a 2" depth of field. Much easier to keep focus on the subject than the Haoun for Osmo Pocket. This isn't a complaint just, hopefully, useful information for anyone looking to buy one of these Osmo add-ons. If I had a choice, I would have probably not purchased the Haoun.

Hi Hashiko. I realise it's been a while since you made this post but hopefully you still monitor this forum as I'd love to hear if you finally found a suitable macro lens for the Osmo. I've been looking but everything I can find seems to have a very tiny focal distance and field. Any info you can share would be appreciated. Cheers!
2022-2-2
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

As the osmo has a fixed aperture you will not be able to achieve both high magnification and reasonable focus distance
2022-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules