Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket goes into reboot loop -- solved
11482 18 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Don Joyce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94954 ft
Canada

My Osmo Pocket just decided to go into a reboot loop when I tried starting it:  The gimbal does it's usual dance, but the screen just keeps repeating the DJI logo animation.  It turns out it was something wrong with my micro SD card!  I put in another one and the Pocket booted perfectly.  The SD card was perfectly readable on my computer, but the Pocket failed to reboot with that card inserted.  I reformatted the SD Card and now everything is fine!  I'm happy, but leery.  The card is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB U3 A2 card...so not a cheap one.  Anyone else see anything like this?  (BTW, I had no problem with previous recordings)
2019-2-26
Use props
Apollo11capcom
lvl.2
United States

That's the same card I use in both my OP and my drone, this thread caught my attention because I've been having a similar problem... for some reason when I have my phone hooked up, every time I end a recording my OP reboots. The phone says its lost its connection, and a second later, when the OP has finished the rebooting sequence, it reconnects and its good to go again. I was just about to post a thread on it when I noticed this one.
2019-2-26
Use props
Don Joyce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94954 ft
Canada

Apollo11capcom Posted at 2-26 22:28
That's the same card I use in both my OP and my drone, this thread caught my attention because I've been having a similar problem... for some reason when I have my phone hooked up, every time I end a recording my OP reboots. The phone says its lost its connection, and a second later, when the OP has finished the rebooting sequence, it reconnects and its good to go again. I was just about to post a thread on it when I noticed this one.

Your problem is somewhat different, but possibly related.  One other tidbit:  I did in fact have one case where a recording 'failed', but I had attributed it to finger troubles...that is, maybe I hadn't hit the record button (it was outside in very cold weather...gloves....etc).  I FEAR that it may have been the card.  Today I have a 'critical' recording planned, and am using a different SD card for that.
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about the inconvenience that you had with your unit, however, we're glad that you've managed to fix this matter by formatting the SD card. Please let us know if this phenomenon would happen again for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-27
Use props
AdrianGMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250190 ft
United States

I have the same issue where once in a while it’ll reboot twice and reset all my settings. Can get quite annoying if you’re trying to get a quick video recorded.
2019-2-27
Use props
Wendy Sapigao
New

United Arab Emirates

Don Joyce Posted at 2-27 06:20
Your problem is somewhat different, but possibly related.  One other tidbit:  I did in fact have one case where a recording 'failed', but I had attributed it to finger troubles...that is, maybe I hadn't hit the record button (it was outside in very cold weather...gloves....etc).  I FEAR that it may have been the card.  Today I have a 'critical' recording planned, and am using a different SD card for that.

Hi!

Since I bought my DJI Osmo pocjet 5 days ago, video recording can't  go beyond 2 minutes. I did reset but still the same issue happened. Please help.. Thanks in advance.
2019-6-7
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could be even more annoying if you have recorded footage on the card, but suddenly the camera starts its reboot loop half way through your holiday with no access to a computer to save your footage before reformatting the card!.....
I'd say this was quite a serious issue!
2019-6-8
Use props
djiuser_13gvPO5ddJ7e
New

Canada

Mine is doing this straight out of the box with no sd card Inserted, any suggestions?
2019-6-21
Use props
Biondomanuel
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_13gvPO5ddJ7e Posted at 6-21 16:48
Mine is doing this straight out of the box with no sd card Inserted, any suggestions?

Mine too! What the hell is going on with the osmo pocket? It seems there's no support anymore.
2019-6-21
Use props
djiuser_LZu6briZmyCK
New

I have the same reboot loop issue, i have also tried to remove SD Card but problem still exisit
2019-9-28
Use props
djiuser_8WvOA4iGVYbe
New

Germany

anybody can Fix the Problem? I have change the sd Card make a formation of the cards but the osmo still stock on the boot Screen
2019-12-9
Use props
CedGaytano
lvl.1

Philippines

I am also experiencing the same problem. When I first switched on my OP it only displayed the DJI logo repeteadly. I though it was normal for a new unit but it has been 1 day and the problem still exist.
2020-1-17
Use props
KGNS Creative
lvl.1

United States

Has a fix been released for this problem? Just got my pocket and it won't work with just the dji logo going and going and going.
Have tried formating the sd card and STILL won't work. Will probably have to return it.  
2020-2-27
Use props
CanPierre
New
Turkey

I had the same issue just half an hour ago. Turned on the device to check the battery level. Then I turned it off for 5 minutes. And that's it. The device didn't start properly again. Stuck on the loading screen with the DJI logo popping up repeatedly.  I found this topic to solve the problem and luckily, formatting the micro sd card on my computer has worked for me.  I am using  Sandisk Extreme 128GB V30 U3 A2.  I hope a fix will be released soon.
2020-5-3
Use props
elobed
New
Flight distance : 119022 ft
Mexico

I just about to gave up when i found your post and...it works!! I just can believe it, i am so happy to use again my pocket, thank you so much for sharing!!!
Regards
Obed
2020-6-24
Use props
fans4c21fdf7
New

India

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-2-27 11:06
Hi, we're sorry about the inconvenience that you had with your unit, however, we're glad that you've managed to fix this matter by formatting the SD card. Please let us know if this phenomenon would happen again for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.

Hey Tony , would love if you could help me out - I have a dji osmo pocket and it's stuck on reboot loop I tried multiple memory cards as discussed above. Once or twice it did start but the camera wasn't working the screen was working even the touch screen but the camera showed only brown lines.
I trust you'll reply soon , gratitude.
2020-8-13
Use props
d00dz
New
Philippines

I'm also having the same problem. Reformatting the SD card did not work for me.

Hope someone will be able to help.
2021-1-25
Use props
djiuser_80CXhIezvSvT
lvl.1

Philippines

AdrianGMan Posted at 2019-2-27 11:10
I have the same issue where once in a while it’ll reboot twice and reset all my settings. Can get quite annoying if you’re trying to get a quick video recorded.

I have the same problem too always resetting the settings.   
2021-5-10
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I just  recharged the camera I  am  in boot loop too  ready to tear it apart, thank you DJI for not telling people the fix. hush hus d onot tell them
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules