Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Jerky and not fluid videos
15430 43 2019-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
First Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_POrkCOLRK4qi Posted at 11-1 13:22
I'd like to share my latest findings on this, which I believe have helped to fix the problem of jerky footage when panning left to right / right to left.  First off, I know it was possible to get panning footage that did not jerk when panning because there are some absolutely excellent videos on Youtube made by "Nippon Wandering TV"  (search for it; great stuff!).  Whoever publishes these videos uses an Osmo Pocket and their panning is absolutely seamless... butter smooth with no issues at all.  After watching these videos and knowing it can be done, I continued to search.

I found another DJI thread about shaky video with the OP and under one of the comments, a user recommended the following settings for "running" with the OP:

I think you might be on to something here, I've been playing with pan today and fast follow did seem to improve matters. I was playing at 4K / 48fps , ISO:100, 1/50s

( not sure how you get 1/16s, that doesn't seem to be an option on my pocket )

Now that panning judder is improved ..... .    when pannng a detailed scene - such as a large hedge, there is a shimmer - almost like the brightness is changing slightly  up / down from frame to frame.
I tried at 2.7K and it wasn't noticeable so maybe its a compression / bit rate thing on 4K detailed scenes ?
Anyone else noticed this ?

2019-11-3
Use props
djiuser_POrkCOLRK4qi
lvl.1
United States

I'd like to share my latest findings on this, which I believe have helped to fix the problem of jerky footage when panning left to right / right to left.  First off, I know it was possible to get panning footage that did not jerk when panning because there are some absolutely excellent videos on Youtube made by "Nippon Wandering TV"  (search for it; great stuff!).  Whoever publishes these videos uses an Osmo Pocket and their panning is absolutely seamless... butter smooth with no issues at all.  After watching these videos and knowing it can be done, I continued to search.

I found another DJI thread about shaky video with the OP and under one of the comments, a user recommended the following settings for "running" with the OP:

Oops... yes, that is a typo.  It should say 1/60th, and not 1/16th.  I apologize.
2019-11-15
Use props
djiuser_POrkCOLRK4qi
lvl.1
United States

I'd like to share my latest findings on this, which I believe have helped to fix the problem of jerky footage when panning left to right / right to left.  First off, I know it was possible to get panning footage that did not jerk when panning because there are some absolutely excellent videos on Youtube made by "Nippon Wandering TV"  (search for it; great stuff!).  Whoever publishes these videos uses an Osmo Pocket and their panning is absolutely seamless... butter smooth with no issues at all.  After watching these videos and knowing it can be done, I continued to search.

I found another DJI thread about shaky video with the OP and under one of the comments, a user recommended the following settings for "running" with the OP:

Oops... yes, that was a typo.  It should read "1/60th", not "1/16th".
2019-11-15
Use props
Cestbienmoi
lvl.1

Belgium

Hello,

I have the same issue of panning judder/jitter/jerky video on the osmo pocket. After reading the same issue with others and what they have tried to solve it, doing my own experiments (I tried different SD Cards with the right A2/bandwidth specs, I tried different computers for playback, I tried the so-called "cinematic settings" that are advised in tens of videos on youtube, I tried different resolutions, ND filters)
My conclusion is final : it is a limitation/bug/issue with the Osmo pocket device itself. I find it unacceptable for a device that is so high priced and suppose to be the "top" of handheld 3-axis gimbal pocket cameras.
I find myself not taking my camera out anymore since I know in advance it will not produce good results.
Even my cheap Mobius keyring camera does a better job.
I would take a replacement or refund if proposed by DJI. Not going to get the Osmo pocket2 as long as I do not see a real experiment with it showing the absence of Jerkyness.
2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules