Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does your footage look like a drone video, not an aerial film ?
123Next >
19694 117 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kAESOExp9QtS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8635 ft
Australia

Hi Vadim, what city is featured in the first picture?  It's so beautiful
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_kAESOExp9QtS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8635 ft
Australia

2019-3-1
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
Flight distance : 2023002 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_kAESOExp9QtS Posted at 3-1 12:46

My home town, Moscow, Russia.
2019-3-1
Use props
fans3ddf86f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5351696 ft
United Kingdom

That's the best advice on making a good film that I have seen for a long time! I am relatively new to flying drones, and of the opinion that there are lots of good drone pilots, but few good cameramen, mainly due to the issues you have mentioned!
2019-3-2
Use props
fans3ddf86f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5351696 ft
United Kingdom

That's the best advice on making a good film that I have seen for a long time! I am relatively new to flying drones, and of the opinion that there are lots of good drone pilots, but few good cameramen, mainly due to the issues you have mentioned!
2019-3-2
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

fans3ddf86f3 Posted at 3-2 00:45
That's the best advice on making a good film that I have seen for a long time! I am relatively new to flying drones, and of the opinion that there are lots of good drone pilots, but few good cameramen, mainly due to the issues you have mentioned!

Thank you. My thought exactly - many great pilots with great footage, ruined by some avoidable mistakes. That's an entire purpose for my article. Glad you enjoy it and find useful.  
2019-3-2
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madebyvadim Posted at 3-2 01:40
Thank you. My thought exactly - many great pilots with great footage, ruined by some avoidable mistakes. That's an entire purpose for my article. Glad you enjoy it and find useful.

Excellent points.  An incredibly helpful post.
I think the biggest issue we face is simply the amount of time editing and post-prod can take.  You can literally work for tens of hours for a 5 minute video.  That's not an excuse for some of the more basic errors but does explain why you might see them so often....
Cheers
Ian in London
2019-3-2
Use props
Roy.
Captain
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 3-2 14:09
I think the biggest issue we face is simply the amount of time editing and post-prod can take.  You can literally work for tens of hours for a 5 minute video.  That's not an excuse for some of the more basic errors but does explain why you might see them so often....  
Cheers

Couldn't agree more Ian, it is very time consuming.

Having said that I'm working on my next edit and am taking my time even more based upon the advice given in this topic and the author's other topic about post production, especially the advice about taking a break from the edit and coming back with fresh eyes.  I'll do a couple of hours each evening after work, rather than rushing out footage.

Thanks again Madebyvadim.

2019-3-3
Use props
Kevin8701
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167982 ft

Interesting to read!
2019-3-3
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Kevin8701 Posted at 3-3 23:42
Interesting to read!

Glad you like it!
2019-3-4
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Roy. Posted at 3-3 11:24
Couldn't agree more Ian, it is very time consuming.

Having said that I'm working on my next edit and am taking my time even more based upon the advice given in this topic and the author's other topic about post production, especially the advice about taking a break from the edit and coming back with fresh eyes.  I'll do a couple of hours each evening after work, rather than rushing out footage.

That is excellent. Please do share with us your final creation. Good luck!
2019-3-4
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Cheers

Thank you. Agreed with your comment regarding the biggest issue.
2019-3-4
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Cheers

Thank you. Agreed with your comment regarding the biggest issue.
2019-3-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great content!  Thanks for putting all this together.  
2019-3-4
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

RGMGFitness Posted at 3-4 09:17
Great content!  Thanks for putting all this together.

No problem. My pleasure
2019-3-4
Use props
Jair Fonseca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2382 ft
United States

Amazing. Thanks for sharing!
2019-3-4
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Jair Fonseca Posted at 3-4 20:09
Amazing. Thanks for sharing!

You are most welcome
2019-3-4
Use props
Hartyaj
First Officer
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

WOW, thank you so much for putting this information together.
2019-3-5
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Hartyaj Posted at 3-5 02:52
WOW, thank you so much for putting this information together.

My pleasure. Enjoy!
2019-3-5
Use props
Flyingcougar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

Hello Vadim, being new to drones and video this was very helpful! Thank you for putting it together.
2019-3-6
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Flyingcougar Posted at 3-6 06:58
Hello Vadim, being new to drones and video this was very helpful! Thank you for putting it together.

My pleasure, enjoy! Fly safe
2019-3-7
Use props
djiuser_gjGqijS7fUMR
New

Netherlands

Buy Original passports ((WhatsApp--+447586519178))  ID Card,visa, green cards, driving license,Certificates, IELT, residence permit, , work permit, Citizenship, (( veritabledocs24@gmail.com))  we produce original passports, driving license, identity cards, visa, Green cards,stamps and other documents for the following countries: EU Countries, Germany, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain , Great Britain, US, Canada and many more. We offer you one of the best services in the world, Most customers have experienced our true and excellent service. we guarantee 100% legit and we assure our customer to produce and deliver their documents within a short period of time, Note that the actual document is registered with the country's database system so that you can travel in a country of your choice without any problem.our documents has all security features such as  -IDs Scan -HOLOGRAMS -BAR CODES -UV -and we provide FAST and express SHIPPING to our client  To order, you can  send your questions to our e-mail or whatsapp  Contact e-mails ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com General support ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com Whatsapp--+447586519178    Contact us for documents from the following countries USA (ALL COUNTRIES) GERMANY United Kingdom CANADA DUTCH LAND COUNTRIES EUROPE ASIA etc  Real USA (USA) Passports, Real Belgian passports, Real Brazilian (Brazil) passports, Real Canadian (Canada) passports, Genuine Finnish (Finland) passports, Real French (France) passports, Real German (Germany) passports, Real Dutch (Netherlands / Holland) Passports, Real Israel passports, Obtain Real UK (United Kingdom) Passports, Real Spanish (Spain) Passports, Real Mexican (Mexico) passports, Buy genuine South African passport. Buy genuine Australian driving licenses, Buy Real Canadian driver licenses, Buy real French (France) Driving licenses, Legit Dutch (Netherlands / Holland) driving licenses, Real Estate German (Germany) Driving licenses, Sale Real UK (United Kingdom) Driving licenses, Purchase of genuine diplomatic passports, Sell Real USA (United States) Passports, Buy genuine Australian passports, Buy Properties Belgium Passports, Buy real Brazilian (Brazil) passports, Sale Real Canadian (Canada) passports, Get real and original identity cards Romanian (Romania) Get real and original IDs Polish (Poland) Get real and original identity cards Bulgarian (Bulgaria) Get real and original ID cards Norwegian (Norway) Get real and original IDs Portuguese (Portugal) Get real and original ID cards Lithuanian (Lithuania) Get real and original ID cards Russian (Russia) Get real and original ID cards Hungarian (Hungary) Get real and original IDs Australian (Australia) Get real and original ID cards Brazilian (Brazil) Get real and original Italian identity card (Italy) Get real and original Jamaican identity cards (Jamaica) Get real and original ID cards South Korean (South Korea) Get real and original IDs Croatian (Croatia) Get real and original IDs Denmark (Denmark) Get real and original IDs Malta (Malta) Get real and original IDENTITY CARDS SWEDISH (SWEDEN) Get real and original driving license in Australia (Australia) Get real and original Canadian driver's license (Canada) Get real and original French driving license (France) Get real and original Dutch driving license (Netherlands / Holland) Get real and original German driving license (Germany) Get real and original UK driving license (United Kingdom) Get real and original Chinese driver's license (China) Get real and original driving license in Switzerland (Switzerland) Get real and original driving license cambodians (Cambodia) Get real and original driving license Russian (Russia) Get real and original international driving permits Get real and original Japanese driver's license (Japan) Get real and original driving license Ukrainian (Ukraine) Get real and original driving licenses in Austria (Austrian) Get real and original driving license USA Get real and original driving license Spanish (Spain) Get real and original driving license Portuguese (Portugal) Get real and original driving license Hungarian (Hungary) Get real and original Mexican driver's license (Mexico) Get real and original Belgian driving licenses (Belgium) Get real and original driving license Greek (Greece) Get real and original driving license Romanian (Romania) Get real and original driving license Lithuanian (Lithuania) Get real and original driving license Polish (Poland) Get real and original Australian driver's license (Australian) Get real and original Canadian driver's license (Canada)  Keywords: --Buy and renew documents online --Buy genuine Passports --Buy real and fake passports online --Buy real registered passports online, --Buy real registered drivers license online --Buy real and fake drivers license --Buy quality and legit passports, --Buy real ID cards online --Buy real and fake drivers license online, --Buy real /fake residence permit online --Buy real Visa online -- Apply for citizenship -- renew passports online -- renew Id cards online -- renew drivers license online  Contact e-mails ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com General support ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com Whats-apps---**-+447586519178   Purchase High Quality Original/Fake Australia Passports, Driving License and Id cards  Purchase High Quality Original/Fake Austria Passports, Driver's License and Id cards  Purchase High Quality Original/Fake USA Passports, Driver's License and Id cards  Obtain High Quality Original/Fake UK Passports, Driver's License and Ids Cards  Obtain High Quality Original/Fake Canada Passports, Driver's License and Id cards  Obtain High Quality Original/Fake Germany Passports, Driver's License and Ids cards  My contacts are private detectives, immigration authorities, consuls, diplomats, personal officials and experienced experts, I have a strong commitment to the growth of the staff in all areas of ID, passport, VISAS, Drivers license and other documents. All customers who need the national citizenship document from all countries are 100% insured and guarantee a real database registered documents with high quality DRIVER'S LICENSE, BIRTH, VISAS PASSPORTS,AND MANY OTHER DOCUMENTS....  Contact e-mails ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com General support ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com Whats-apps----------+447586519178
2019-3-7
Use props
djiuser_gjGqijS7fUMR
New

Netherlands

Koop originele paspoorten ((WhatsApp - + 447586519178)) ID-kaart, visum, groene kaarten, rijbewijs, certificaten, IELT, verblijfsvergunning, werkvergunning, staatsburgerschap, ((veritabledocs24@gmail.com))

wij produceren originele paspoorten, rijbewijzen, identiteitskaarten, visa, groene kaarten, stempels en andere documenten voor de volgende landen: EU-landen, Duitsland, Australië, België, Brazilië, Finland, Frankrijk, Groot-Brittannië, Ierland, Italië, Nederland, Noorwegen , Oostenrijk, Zweden, Zwitserland, Spanje, Groot-Brittannië, VS, Canada en nog veel meer. We bieden u een van de beste services ter wereld, de meeste klanten hebben onze ware en uitstekende service ervaren. we garanderen 100% legitiem en we verzekeren onze klanten dat ze hun documenten binnen een korte tijd kunnen produceren en bezorgen,
Houd er rekening mee dat het daadwerkelijke document is geregistreerd in het databasesysteem van het land, zodat u probleemloos door het land van uw keuze kunt reizen. Onze documenten bevatten alle beveiligingsfuncties, zoals
-IDs Scan
-HOLOGRAMS
-BARCODES
-UV
-en wij bieden SNEL en express VERZENDING aan onze klant

Om te bestellen, kunt u uw vragen sturen naar onze e-mail of WhatsApp

Neem contact op met e-mails ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com
Algemene ondersteuning ....... veritabledocs24@gmail.com
Whatsapp - + 447586519178

Neem contact met ons op voor documenten uit de volgende landen
VS (ALLE LANDEN)
DUITSLAND
Verenigd Koninkrijk
CANADA
NEDERLANDSE LANDENSLANDEN
EUROPA
AZIË enz

Echte paspoorten in de VS (VS),
Echte Belgische paspoorten,
Echte Braziliaanse (Brazilië) paspoorten,
Echte Canadese (Canada) paspoorten,
Echte Finse (Finland) paspoorten,
Echte Franse (Frankrijk) paspoorten,
Echte Duitse (Duitsland) paspoorten,
Echt Nederlandse (Nederland / Holland) paspoorten,
Echte Israël paspoorten,
Verkrijgen van echte UK (Verenigd Koninkrijk) paspoorten,
Echte Spaanse (Spanje) paspoorten,
Echte Mexicaanse paspoorten,
Koop echt Zuid-Afrikaans paspoort.
Koop echte Australische rijbewijzen,
Koop echte Canadese rijbewijzen,
Koop echte Franse (Frankrijk) rijbewijzen,
Legit Nederlands (Nederland / Nederland) rijbewijzen,
Onroerend goed Duits (Duitsland) Rijbewijzen,
Sale Real UK (Verenigd Koninkrijk) Rijbewijzen,
Aankoop van echte diplomatieke paspoorten,
Sell ​​Real USA (Verenigde Staten) Paspoorten,
Koop echte Australische paspoorten,
Koop België Paspoorten,
Koop echte Braziliaanse (Brazilië) paspoorten,
Verkoop paspoorten van Real Canadian (Canada),
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Roemeens (Roemenië)
Krijg echte en originele ID's Pools (Polen)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Bulgaars (Bulgarije)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Noors (Noorwegen)
Krijg echte en originele ID's Portugees (Portugal)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Litouws (Litouwen)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Russisch (Rusland)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Hongaars (Hongarije)
Krijg echte en originele ID's Australisch (Australië)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Braziliaans (Brazilië)
Ontvang een echte en originele Italiaanse identiteitskaart (Italië)
Krijg echte en originele Jamaicaanse identiteitskaarten (Jamaica)
Krijg echte en originele identiteitskaarten Zuid-Koreaans (Zuid-Korea)
Krijg echte en originele ID's Kroatisch (Kroatië)
Krijg echte en originele ID's Denemarken (Denemarken)
Krijg echte en originele ID's Malta (Malta)
Krijg echte en originele IDENTITEITSKAARTEN ZWEEDS (ZWEDEN)
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs in Australië (Australië)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Canadees rijbewijs (Canada)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Frans rijbewijs (Frankrijk)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Nederlands rijbewijs (Nederland / Nederland)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Duits rijbewijs (Duitsland)
Ontvang echt en origineel Brits rijbewijs (Verenigd Koninkrijk)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Chinees rijbewijs (China)
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs in Zwitserland (Zwitserland)
Ontvang echte en originele rijbewijs cambodians (Cambodja)
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs Russisch (Rusland)
Ontvang echte en originele internationale rijbewijzen
Ontvang een echt en origineel Japans rijbewijs (Japan)
Krijg echt en origineel rijbewijs Oekraïens (Oekraïne)
Ontvang echte en originele rijbewijzen in Oostenrijk (Oostenrijks)
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs USA
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs Spaans (Spanje)
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs Portugees (Portugal)
Ontvang echt en origineel rijbewijs Hongaars (Hongarije)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Mexicaans rijbewijs (Mexico)
Ontvang echte en originele Belgische rijbewijzen (België)
Ontvang echt en origineel rijbewijs Grieks (Griekenland)
Ontvang echt en origineel rijbewijs Roemeens (Roemenië)
Ontvang een echt en origineel rijbewijs Litouws (Litouwen)
Ontvang echt en origineel rijbewijs Pools (Polen)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Australisch rijbewijs (Australisch)
Ontvang een echt en origineel Canadees rijbewijs (Canada)

sleutelwoorden:
- Koop en vernieuw documenten online
- Koop authentieke paspoorten
- Koop online echte en valse paspoorten
- Koop online geregistreerde paspoorten,
- Koop een echte geregistreerde rijbewijs online
- Koop een echte en valse rijbewijs
- Koop kwaliteits- en legitieme paspoorten,
- Koop online echte identiteitskaarten
- Koop een echte en valse rijbewijs
2019-3-7
Use props
travel.boost
New

Germany

We also consider that the edition in a huge factor, it could make the difference.

We work with Adobe Premier Pro and this is our first video with only music.
2019-3-8
Use props
travel.boost
New

Germany

travel.boost Posted at 3-8 11:49
We also consider that the edition in a huge factor, it could make the difference.

We work with Adobe Premier Pro and this is our first video with only music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6YJoCkpVM

2019-3-8
Use props
Roy.
Captain
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madebyvadim Posted at 3-4 03:39
That is excellent. Please do share with us your final creation. Good luck!

As requested.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D384%26typeid%3D384
2019-3-8
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
Flight distance : 3522740 ft
  • >>>
China

Great post!!!!
2019-3-9
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Thank you !
2019-3-11
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

This is brilliant advise and I totally agree with your points. Just a few of your points will increase the production value a lot. I struggle mostly with story part
2019-3-12
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Henrik Olsen Posted at 3-12 08:02
This is brilliant advise and I totally agree with your points. Just a few of your points will increase the production value a lot. I struggle mostly with story part

Thank you! I am glad it was helpful.
2019-3-14
Use props
djiuser_xCCqGxeQbmGk
New
United States

Awesome read! Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
Jewishist
lvl.1

Spain

This forum is just fascinating. These photos and videos give the mood and I want to do something similar.
2019-3-18
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

You are welcome
2019-3-19
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Jewishist Posted at 3-18 10:51
This forum is just fascinating. These photos and videos give the mood and I want to do something similar.

Awesome! Good luck!
2019-3-19
Use props
Nfbarreto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Portugal

I personally find that the best use of aerial videos is to combine them with other types of shots and specially, adding a human element to the videos. Having a video just full of aerials doesn't cut it anymore for me, specially in a time where aerials are no longer a novelty. The key, like you said, is really to try to create a story or to have a theme and potentially use music to support a story arc (a simple beginning, middle and end). I've been trying to combine aerials with ground level shots, with people in them, and trying to create a story out of whatever it is I'm filming or documenting. The story part can be hard. It can be as simple as just documenting  a day on a trip in a linear fashion (the easiest), or actually scripting or using the footage to talk about a specific theme (hardest for me).

I still have a long way to go, but I try to focus on balancing aerials with other clips to try to tell a better story and not make the videos boring.

I also agree with the length. Anything longer than 2-3 mins, unless it's a documentary, it's too long.
2019-4-4
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Nfbarreto@gmail.com Posted at 4-4 00:48
I personally find that the best use of aerial videos is to combine them with other types of shots and specially, adding a human element to the videos. Having a video just full of aerials doesn't cut it anymore for me, specially in a time where aerials are no longer a novelty. The key, like you said, is really to try to create a story or to have a theme and potentially use music to support a story arc (a simple beginning, middle and end). I've been trying to combine aerials with ground level shots, with people in them, and trying to create a story out of whatever it is I'm filming or documenting. The story part can be hard. It can be as simple as just documenting  a day on a trip in a linear fashion (the easiest), or actually scripting or using the footage to talk about a specific theme (hardest for me).

I still have a long way to go, but I try to focus on balancing aerials with other clips to try to tell a better story and not make the videos boring.

I agree with you comments. I think it’s a great way to combine ground footage with an aerials, a nice progression in a strory telling.
However, me personally, find it less compeling to use that footage especialy with people. Don’t get me wrong I like the videos featuring people, ground shots and aerial combined , hey that a film staff made of but lately I saw an overwhelming amount of blogger/“influencer”/you tuber overused that theme. Some of them are nice, but most are  terrible and overall is too much already. As you said regarding the only drone shotes are not novelty anymore, sane goes for me to that combination of people and aerial. Too much of a blogging resemblence.
I’d rather concentrate on a beautifuly done aerial film (which not many out there, out of gazzilions aerial videos) then slip into blogging.  There is more to improve in just an aerial shots films (better vfx, sounds, scores) so ...   BUT it’s just me.
Anyway I wish you best of luck in you endeavors !!!   
2019-4-5
Use props
Victoria25
New

Ukraine

Thanks a lot! Very exciting pics.

Have you used the same camera still?
2019-4-10
Use props
Victoria25
New

United States