642 5 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CHAPPERS70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8517 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have currently been using my smartphone with the go4 app, but i find this difficult to use and want to go bigger. After some ummming and arrrring about ipad mini 4, ive decided that as i use an ipad for work as well as flying id rather go for the bigger 9.7 ipad.

My question is this, it appears that apple has dropped the ipad air and have now released the IPAD, not air, pro or anything else just IPAD.
I have looked at the compatability post from dji but cannot see if this will be compatable.
It has an A10 processor.
Funds cant be pushed to purchase the Ipad pro, so if anyone knows if this will work that would be great.

Mark
2019-2-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah it works - even the iPad Mini 4 with an A8 processor works. The iPhone 7 plus has an A10 chip and that worked fine so the iPad will too. That said, I upgraded my iPhone to the Xs with the A12 bio chip and it performs beautifully. Remember too that what works well today may not perform as good tomorrow as the app continues to be upgraded. You will also need an adaptor to use a 9.7" iPad with the M2P RC. I don't use iPad's with my M2P as the drone is fundamentally designed for portability and carrying an iPad plus adaptors detracts from that though the bigger screen is a good trade off.
2019-2-27
Use props
CHAPPERS70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8517 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for your advice,  I was going the ipad mini4 all the way. But for the same price and to have a bigger screen seems for me to be a plus especially now you have confirmed this will work., as far as portability goes i have the flymore combo and every thing fits in there nicely, but once you start adding landing pads filters etc, your then carrying more anyway and i generally have my canon with me so yes thats something to consider, but not a downside for me personally.
If there are any ipad  (not mini),users id love to hear your views on how you find using one, i.e weight balance when attached to the controller, ease of getting to the main rc functions etc.

Mark

2019-2-27
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don’t know where you live but Amazon got 6 generation iPad 9” for $250. Can’t beat that price
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Using a mobile device that is not part of our recommended devices doesn't mean that it would not work on our application. If the mobile device could handle the application then it may possibly work flawlessly, however, since the device hasn't been tested by our engineers then I'm afraid that we couldn't secure the stability and the behavior of the app if it will remain especially if there will update within the application. We do appreciate your understanding. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-27
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

CHAPPERS70 Posted at 2-27 04:51
Thanks for your advice,  I was going the ipad mini4 all the way. But for the same price and to have a bigger screen seems for me to be a plus especially now you have confirmed this will work., as far as portability goes i have the flymore combo and every thing fits in there nicely, but once you start adding landing pads filters etc, your then carrying more anyway and i generally have my canon with me so yes thats something to consider, but not a downside for me personally.
If there are any ipad  (not mini),users id love to hear your views on how you find using one, i.e weight balance when attached to the controller, ease of getting to the main rc functions etc.

Dont remember did I before give this advise? but doesn't matter, I was using S9Note it was ok on M2P but occasionally app crushing and leaving me in fear. Eventually decided to buy ipad pro 11 inc wooow such nice crystal clear and very easy touch functions, App never ever crushed screen brightness is ok .ipad pro 11 processor quite fast and app loaded faster then s9note  .I also bouth pad holder easy to fix it to the controller and Lowe 200 backpack all  my stuff easly fit in no hustle bustle. I can see some guys go on with smart controller but not for me its screen even smaller then my s9note and using android system so you may easly expect similar mid air disconnections.
2019-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules