** Solved ** Re-install DJI Assistant 2?
4425 8 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR125Honda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491975 ft
United States

When I installed Assistant 2 on my Windows 10 PC, I didn't do so as "Administrator" or "Run as Administrator".
Now, each time I open the program, I get asked "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device?"

Looking for the best way to correct this without losing any saved data.

Should I just right click the set-up program, run as Admin, and over write?

Uninstall thru control panel, then right click set-up program, run as Admin?

Thanks, Ken

2019-2-27
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Hi Ken,  I believe that is actually a Windows setting.  Its called "User Account Control" .  In Control Panel under Security and Maintenance, Change User Account Control Settings.  You can turn it all the way down and that warning should go away.  That setting is not recommended and it will tell you so.  just and fyi....
Where is the slider set now?  You could try second notch from the bottom if it is set higher than that.
2019-2-27
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 2-27 11:59
Hi Ken,  I believe that is actually a Windows setting.  Its called "User Account Control" .  In Control Panel under Security and Maintenance, Change User Account Control Settings.  You can turn it all the way down and that warning should go away.  That setting is not recommended and it will tell you so.  just and fyi....
Where is the slider set now?  You could try second notch from the bottom if it is set higher than that.

Thanks Anoka,
There were three levels and mine was on the second. If I brought it down a notch, only change was that it would  "Not dim desktop" if a change was attempted. Guess I'll just leave it where it was.
2019-3-1
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Found another work around. Probably not worth the hassle for most but if you are so inclined, this does work.
The procedure allows user to modify UAC for an individual program.

************************************************************************************************************

The Task Scheduler Trick

If you’re having issues with any of the tools that use the Task Scheduler shortcut to elevate the application, or would simply like to know how it’s done, you can always create a scheduled task yourself. It’s not difficult and only takes a minute or two to setup. Here are the steps on how to make a program run under the Task Scheduler with the highest privileges to bypass the UAC prompt.

1. Click the Start button and type Task Scheduler on the search programs and files bar and hit enter. Or go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler.

2. Click Action from the menu and select Create Task. Fill in the Name and Description boxes and then MAKE SURE to check the “Run with highest privileges” check box. This is the option which elevates the task to bypass the UAC prompt.

*** In the Name box, enter  -  DJI Assistant 2
*** In description Box, enter  -  DJI Assistant 2 without UAC prompt
1.png
3. Go to the Actions tab and click the New button.

4. Make sure that “Start a program” option is selected and browse for the program that you want to run without a UAC prompt and click OK. Optionally you can also specify any command line arguments if required.

*** Click Browse to find  - "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom"
2.png
5. Now go to Settings tab and make sure that “Allow task to be run on demand” is selected which should already be enabled. Click the OK button to create the task and you should see the task being added to the Task Scheduler Library.
3.png
6. You can either manually run the program directly from Task Scheduler by right clicking on the task and select Run, or create a shortcut which is very useful when you want to put it in startup or just double click to open it quickly. To create a shortcut, right click on the Desktop and select New -> Shortcut. Type the following into the location box and click Next.

*** schtasks.exe /run /TN "DJI Assistant 2"              
*** Note the "space" before each slash mark. Pretty sure I had to do it like that to make it work.
4.png
*** Strike this out, I've done this for you in the steps above.
"You will obviously need to change the task name in double quotes to the name of the task which you’ve used in step 2. Any name can be used for the shortcut and then click the Finish button. "

Whenever you need to run the program without the annoying UAC prompt, simply run the shortcut which has been created. You can even be place the shortcut in the Startup folder so that it runs with highest privileges without prompting you to allow the following program to make changes to the computer.

If you totally disable User Account Control, then you don’t need to use these methods, but it is good to know that there is a way to bypass the UAC restriction using different ways if needed. If you have UAC enabled and would like to keep it that way, or would like to allow another user access to a safe file without needing a prompt, then these tips could be useful if you need to run certain programs that require elevation when they startup.
Read More: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/task-scheduler-bypass-uac-prompt/

*** Credit for this procedure goes to "raymond" in the link above
2019-3-3
Use props
CR125Honda
lvl.3
United States

Now change the Icon for the newly created DJI shortcut.

Go to this page

Google DJI Icon Image link

In the second row (at the time I wrote this) click on the DJI icon.
Then click on the second image in the top row to the right.
Right click then click "Save image as".
In "File name:" box, rename file to "DJI Assistant 2".
Save that image to your desktop.

That image was in DNG format which needs to be converted to an icon image.
(there are other images in JPG format. If you want to convert those, this might not work)

Go to this link.
DNG to ICO converter

Follow the onscreen instructions to convert your DJI Assistant 2 "DNG" image.

Back to the desktop and hover over the original DJI Assistant 2 shortcut.
Right click, click "Properties", click "Change Icon".
Find and click on the image you just converted, click "OK" and then "Apply"

Should be good to go..  

2019-3-3
Use props
djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7
lvl.2
United States

Thank you, this worked. God bless!!
Jeez what a mess.
2019-4-17
Use props
djiuser_M3tUeKlVTQn7
lvl.2
United States

CR125Honda Posted at 3-3 13:59

Go to this page

Thank you, this worked. God bless!!
Jeez what a mess. I totally disabled UAC and it didn't solve the problem.
You rock!
2019-4-17
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Gees,  I really envy you folk with the smarts !  I mean it.  I struggle with anything beyond OFF and ON  !
That's the beauty of forums such as this eh ?  Gives us access to brains we don't individually possess.   
Good luck to you.

2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

CR125Honda Posted at 3-3 13:59

Go to this page

Great info. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules