Taking the exact same photo each month for a year
1458 6 2019-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

Hi guys,
I need to photograph an apartment complex being constructed, each month, at 5 different angles for 12 months.

Can anyone suggest a good way for me to get the same shots every month?
Does the DJI GO app have settings that might help me?

thanks for any advice/help you can give me!

2019-2-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Waypoints. and repeat as necessary. I think one of the later go4 version support waypoints. I don't know, I have not updated anything in over 2 years for obvious reasons.
You can also try Litchi for waypoint missions.
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may consider using the waypoints 2.0  feature which is available on the latest app with your Mavic 2 Pro. You may save the flight path on the application and do the mission repeatedly wit the same position. Hope that you will get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

You could use DJI Ground Station Pro to set up Waypoints.  It allows you set altitude and  camera angles .
Once saved you just need to fly the mission to update the construction.

Looking forward to seeing your results months from now.
2019-2-27
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-27 12:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may consider using the waypoints 2.0  feature which is available on the latest app with your Mavic 2 Pro. You may save the flight path on the application and do the mission repeatedly wit the same position. Hope that you will get the best recommendation that you may need in regards to this query. Thank you for continued support.

Bummer I have a DJI mavic pro Platinum not a mavic pro 2!
2019-2-27
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2-27 12:32
You could use DJI Ground Station Pro to set up Waypoints.  It allows you set altitude and  camera angles .
Once saved you just need to fly the mission to update the construction.

I actually have never heard of that. I'll have to see how much it cost and if I can get it quickly enough. Thanks for the tip!
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Marleyman Posted at 2-27 12:43
Bummer I have a DJI mavic pro Platinum not a mavic pro 2!

Hi, I do apologize about that and thanks for the clarification. If that the case, you may consider the GS Pro application that has mentioned by B1houdini which would allow you to have a mission flight and possibly achieved you the process that you wanted to do. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules