My phantom is not showing up on my computer when plugged in via USB
36184 30 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

It worked once, but never again. What gives? Any advice? Thanks!
2014-11-9
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

It happened to me also was the supplied usb cord. I bought another one and worked fine.
2014-11-9
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

In order for anyone to offer help and advice you really need to explain in more detail what steps you are taking to connect.

My advice is to read and follow the instructions in the manual.
2014-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Dear DIJIHavequestion,

I cannot agree with Johnwarr more. Pls kindly provide more information regarding this problem.
2014-11-10
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You should try to download and install the DJI Driver for windows.
2014-11-10
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

Cata Posted at 2014-11-10 18:03
You should try to download and install the DJI Driver for windows.

OK, sorry.

Let me know if this is everything needed to understand the situation.
I have a Macbook Pro running Yosemite.
When I did my first flight, I plugged the supplied USB wire in and powered the phantom on. I was able to retrieve the files. The folder automatically showed up in finder.
When I did my second flight, I plugged it in, powered up the phantom and nothing happened. The folder did not show up.

Anything else I need to specify?
2014-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

DJIHavequestion Posted at 2014-11-11 09:07
OK, sorry.

Let me know if this is everything needed to understand the situation.

Hi DJIHavequestion,

what kind of files and folders do you mean? Because normally we connect the Phantom to PC to acess the Phantom assistant software...
2014-11-11
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-12 11:46
Hi DJIHavequestion,

what kind of files and folders do you mean? Because normally we connect the P ...

Hey DJI Jolie, thanks for the reply. I simply try to see the folder in the mac's finder window so I can drag the file into my mac to transfer it. That's all I need to do. Not trying to upgrade firmware or download any other software right now to do file transfers.
2014-11-12
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well if you mean to transfer files from the camera, then yes all you need to do is plug the USB lead into your computer and the USB port on the camera gimbal, then power the phantom.
All files will be in whatever the computer decides to call the memory card.
I only have Windows, so can't really help any further.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-11-13 02:52
Well if you mean to transfer files from the camera, then yes all you need to do is plug the USB lead ...

This is the problem I'm trying to describe. I did exactly that, but the folder doesn't show up. Again, I have a mac.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

DJIHavequestion Posted at 2014-11-13 07:06
This is the problem I'm trying to describe. I did exactly that, but the folder doesn't show up. Ag ...

Hi DJIHavequestion,

to diagnose the problem, have you tried another USB cable? Or have you tried to connect to another PC or Mac?
2014-11-12
Use props
gabbchua
lvl.1

Singapore

Just to share, I am also experiencing the same problem.
tried connecting the controller and my new phantom 2 to my mac for the first time, but the software could not detect both hardware.
Would the USB cable be the problem? anyone using other usb cable besides the supplied one?
2014-11-12
Use props
DJIHavequestion
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-13 10:09
Hi DJIHavequestion,

to diagnose the problem, have you tried another USB cable? Or have you tried  ...

The answer to both are yes.
2014-11-14
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Do you have the Micro SD Card in the phantom ?
Try taking it out, cleaning the contacts and putting it back in.
What size is the card ?
Is there anything on it ? Take some photos on the table and try again.
2014-11-14
Use props
kw
lvl.3

Denmark

Try to remove (delete ) your USB port from system. They will be activated again when you connect a USB unit.
2014-11-14
Use props
douglasfaulmann
New

Greece

I am having a similar problem with the controller. When I plug it to my laptop and turn it on then open the assistant software it doesn't register as connected. It tells me I need to plug in controller. Plugging in the phantom works fine. Any suggestions?
2014-11-15
Use props
mark
New

Australia

Hi All, am also having the same problem, assistant software refuses to see the controller. Have installed DJI WIN drivers and the PC recognises the DJI controller as a USB device which discounts the usb cable as being a problem. interestingly the RC Assistant Software V1.1 sees the controller and shows full detail on control stick movements. Any help would be appreciated!
2014-11-15
Use props
dj
lvl.1

United Kingdom

And me too... Using Mac Yosemite. The Phantom connects, but the Controller doesn't. Can't use a PC driver - is there one specific to Macs and OS Yosemite?
2014-11-21
Use props
najackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436686 ft
United Kingdom

If you are using a MAC make certain that you have downloaded the MAC software from the DJI downloads. Remove your Phantom's gimbal protector (if still on) and install a battery pack, DO NOT POWER ON yet.

You will need to connect your (supplied) micro USB first to your Phantom using the front micro USB connection and then connect the USB to your MAC USB. Take out your Remote Controller and turn it on. Now turn on your Phantom and start DJI Phantom 2 software press skip when software opens and you should now be able to see that both the Phantom and Controller are now connected to the app.

Hope this helps.
2014-11-21
Use props
dj
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'll try this!
2014-11-21
Use props
donsaito
New

United States

*Note to new Phantom 2 Vision+ owners, or anyone thinking about getting one*: They are great, don't get me wrong, but as of this date (Nov 20, 2014) the manual that comes with them or is accessible online hasn't been updated since the Phantom 1. If you get a new P2V+, and the remote control has its own, rechargeable LIPO battery built into it (instead of the earlier version, which uses 4-AA batteries), there's something you need to know to connect it to your computer in order to use the Vision Assistant software which calibrates and can re-configure the controller. The current manuals (Pg 47) say to connect the controller directly to the computer using the supplied micro-USB cable. WRONG.
-
Here's what you need to do:
0.  Be sure the Vision Assistant software and the DJI Driver (for WIN or MAC) are installed on your computer.
1.  Use the supplied micro-USB cable to connect your computer to the port in the front of the quadcopter (under the little flap).
2.  Turn on the controller.
3.  Remove the gimbal clamp and lens cap from the camera.
4.  Activate the battery in the quadcopter.
-
Once the quadcopter is on, the controller is on, and the quadcopter is connected to the computer via the micro-USB cable, THEN you'll be able to start the DJI Vision Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software and perform calibrations, and/or switch from the default "Phantom" mode to the more advanced "NAZA-M" mode, make configuration changes, etc.
-
Hope this helps!
2014-11-22
Use props
dj
lvl.1

United Kingdom

najackson and donsaito - thanks for your posts - I had no idea this was how it worked. It does. I was able to access both Phantom and controller. I updated all my firmware and I THINK I calibrated everything correctly.
Flight stability was improved - but there is still a fair amount of drift. (Compared to how it was when out of the box).
Is there a Calibration how-to guide somewhere that anyone could direct me to?
2014-11-22
Use props
najackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436686 ft
United Kingdom

In this link http://youtu.be/9ar42lamwLw although he is using a PC the process for calibration using a MAC is still the same.

Hope you find this helpful.
2014-11-23
Use props
barak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1650161 ft
United States

It was mentioned above in passing but I'll mention it again b/c I made this mistake:  here are TWO micro USB slots on the phantom.  One slot is under the battery on the camera mount itself.  This slot allows you to download photos directly w/out removing the SD card.  The SECOND slot is on the front of the Phantom body and hidden by a a white rubber cover.  This is what you need for connecting to the Assistant.   I'm running a macbook Pro with Yosemite and it's connecting just fine.
2014-12-14
Use props
morrisoncd31.em
New

United States

najackson@me.co Posted at 2014-11-22 01:38
If you are using a MAC make certain that you have downloaded the MAC software from the DJI downloads ...

And supposing one cannot locate the supplied micro USB cable? I was on the phone for 2 hours with some paid tech support and that's the only thing we could not eliminate in troubleshooting why my Phantom 2 will not connect properly with my Assistant Software.

Now, where to acquire a (supplied) micro USB replacement....?

Charlie Morrison
Charleston, SC
morrisoncd31@gmail.com
2015-1-21
Use props
alejandro.balse
New

United States

Hi, I read all messages regarding not being able to Access photos and videos in the SD Card.
I had exactly the same issue:

- First flight and then phantom connected to the Mac via USB and just drag and drop to transfer files. no issues!

- Second flight, same procedure, original USB cable connected to the camera and then problem happens! (in fact, I have tried with diferentes cables) Folder not detected in the mac nor other PC, in fact, I tried with four different computer three Windows based and one mac based and none of them could detect the camera USB folder nor the phantom USB port.

Unfortunately, after Reading all messages I still have the doubt how to solve the issue

2015-1-22
Use props
juanclementepro
New

United States

gabbchua@gmail. Posted at 2014-11-13 10:59
Just to share, I am also experiencing the same problem.
tried connecting the controller and my new p ...

Hey Guys, i just talked to DJI because i was having the same issue ( my pc would not read my phantom).

One of the things that you MUST do before installing the assistant is INSTALLING THE DRIVERS so:

1. Uninstall the Assistant if you installed already.
2. download the WinDRIVER installer
3. plug the ACTUAL PHANTOM when is asking you for MC
4. Download or install the assistant

Voila!
2015-1-26
Use props
wmarkhenderson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33606 ft
United States

Regarding updating firmware or calibrating your Phantom:

It's all about the Windows driver.  I uninstalled the original install of the Phantom Assistant software.  Hooked up the copter to my PC with the remote on.  Installed the Windows driver, then installed the Phantom Assistant software both for the copter and the RC Assistant, copter still on and attached to the computer.  When I started the Assistant all worked great.  I fortunately didn't need to update anything, but it was nice to see it all working and all the values showing.

Happy Flying,
Mark  
2015-2-22
Use props
bob
lvl.1

United States

douglasfaulmann Posted at 2014-11-15 18:28
I am having a similar problem with the controller. When I plug it to my laptop and turn it on then o ...

Probably the driver not installed first or cable.  Hope this helps!
2015-2-23
Use props
michael
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398458 ft
  • >>>

make sure the the battery is full.... mine had 2 lights...and i tried everything else, switching cables, rebooting, etc... and then i put a fresh battery in... and it worked first time.
2016-4-20
Use props
fansc21ef4b7
lvl.1

Brazil

I algo got this problem. I solve it doin't that:

1. turn on my MAC (lol)
2. Turn on RC
3. Turn on Phantom (4)
4. Connect cable USB
5. It Works...

So it isn't working i don't know why. I test a lot of others usb cables.
I was trying use it without turning the RC on. It work the Assistent but don't work for USB Files download, photos and videos. Turning the RC on was the solution for me.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules